Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Screams of Alan Nixon trying to con people into coughing up money for his crappy website to me…

yeah that tbf; lower league stuff he aint bad, but hes very hit and miss

would be massively odd for us to pay for a 33yr old

23 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah that tbf; lower league stuff he aint bad, but hes very hit and miss

would be massively odd for us to pay for a 33yr old

It would be for any other club. I would expect it for us 

7 minutes ago, DezFox said:

It would be for any other club. I would expect it for us 

nah come on, be serious, look at our past transfers, when was the last time we paid a transfer fee for a player over 30?

think it was Jakupovic in 2017

so it would be a massive change, 

kinda like when everyone was thinking KDH was gonna go Brighton.....but them paying £30mil for a 25 year old didnt add up, which proved to be correct

Edited by FrankieADZ

36 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Golding, whose never played higher than the u23s, De Cordova Reid, Okoli, now potentially Ayew..

What an utterly embarrassing window that is. Obviously I know theres still time but bloody hell..

we are going down and the club know it. we know we are gonna have loads of points deducted meaning relegation. we are signing players who will stay in the championship who are great for the championship. gonna be an ugly season

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DezFox said:

This would be the most disgraceful transfer. Horrible just horrible. Honestly I could see it being like 5 mill aswell and palace just won’t believe their luck. 

I give you Ryan Bertrand..

We've been here before sadly!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Golding, whose never played higher than the u23s, De Cordova Reid, Okoli, now potentially Ayew..

What an utterly embarrassing window that is. Obviously I know theres still time but bloody hell..

really like really?

who are you expecting to come in? 

i wouldnt even call or transfer window embarrassing, look at previous ones, theyve been alot worse.

the reaction to a transfer rumour on here is laughable, 

Edited by FrankieADZ

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

really like really?

i wouldnt even call or transfer window embarrassing, look at previous ones, theyve been alot worse

Not ****ing Bobby decordova Reid and Jordan Ayew that’s for sure

• Like 2

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

really like really?

i wouldnt even call or transfer window embarrassing, look at previous ones, theyve been alot worse

Yes really. 

After battling against Roma to sign Soule I thought that was the calibre of player we would be after, and then seeing O’Riley heavily linked with Southampton would be a kick in the teeth because he would’ve been the perfect replacement for KDH (who we still haven’t replaced). 

I would’ve expected players like Hamer, Chair etc to fill that creative void and who also wouldn’t have been too expensive. 

I actually think this could be up there with one of our worst windows if it ends with us signing Ayew. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Not ****ing Bobby decordova Reid and Jordan Ayew that’s for sure

who said we are getting him? Nixon might have said we "put in an offer"; oh didnt Percy say we are working on getting Soule done too?

i dont mind BD-R. can play a number of positions and hes came in on a free; proven in the premier league too. Ayew i'd be very surprised if we are even looking at him, as it goes against all the stuff posted months back about the club going back to the old transfer model

would you rather us do an Ipswich and spend £20mil+ on a striker who couldnt score 10 goals in the championship last season?

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

proven in the premier league too

Just because he changed to a fancy name doesn’t change the fact he’s Bobby Reid above average championship winger, below average handyman in the PL in his prime which is now behind him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Yes really. 

After battling against Roma to sign Soule I thought that was the calibre of player we would be after, and then seeing O’Riley heavily linked with Southampton would be a kick in the teeth because he would’ve been the perfect replacement for KDH (who we still haven’t replaced). 

I would’ve expected players like Hamer, Chair etc to fill that creative void and who also wouldn’t have been too expensive. 

I actually think this could be up there with one of our worst windows if it ends with us signing Ayew. 

100% completely agree, not only for the fact that we appear to be hellbent on signing utter dogsh*t, but we've lost arguably our best, most influential player from last season and just decided "F**k it, we don't need to replace him", whilst watching other clubs around us strengthen. The signing that cost us a portion of our transfer budget, we decided to spend on one position where we are arguably covered adequately, and it doesn't seem like he (Okoli) has improved us.

Been going on for a while and we all know it, we're asleep at the wheel. Promoted, uninspiring managerial replacement, utterly hideous window, relegation. And some on here will try and soften the blow of that reality with "We're signing players who will be ideal for the Championship next season" .. Mind boggling. 

• Like 3

Rudkin you really need to take your  medication every day after meals.  It is very dangerous when you miss out your opioids.  Now buy yourself a pill box from Boots and shut this total nonsense down before there are suicides amongst FT members. There’s a good chap.