Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

I’m normally a glass half full guy and will support the club and any player who comes in but this is not a good deal at all by any metric you can measure it.

Not a player we need, too high a fee and no resale value. Where does he fit in this team?! We need an out an out number 9. Perhaps that will happen too but it doesn’t detract from the fact a club in our financial position should be spending any money at all on this 

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

worse business we've done in a long while this you think?

imo id say so

How can you say that when he's not even played for us lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also where's this notion we need to just stay up. If we stay up this season then everything's fine. Why is it? What happens next summer? Why are we in any better situation to sort the long term future of this squad when we've done what we've done this summer.

Added nearly £10m a season on player amortisation on Okoli, Skipp and Ayew. It's an absolute disgrace.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've heard "hopeful" before. 

Nobody else is signing, it's just the party line Percy has been asked to tag on to placate us. 

This is it. This is our summer right here. 

Yep.

That '2 more attackers' line is blatant lip service direct from the club. Just BS.

The saddest part is you now need to promote Alan Nixon to a Tier 1 source.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He presumably signs off on the choice of player, which in this case is rancid. 

I assume he would, and i agree, definitely not a player i would expect, but £5m initial and £3m addons is beyond desperation

Just now, StanSP said:

Palace fans seem really cut up, perhaps they're just quite sentimental given how long he's been there. 

I just can't see why we're spending even £5m+ on him. 

this is like when we let ulloa go to brighton… we were sad as anything but all knew his footballing days were behind him…. they’ve just got paid 5-8m for someone they’d let walk fro free in a year and would probably have played 500 mins for them this season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a success but there are so many of you on here that write players off before they have even set foot on the pitch. That in itself is both short sited and embarrassing.

I assume you all have extensive expertise in professional football?

No one (or the vast majority) have written the player off. Same applies largely to Skipp

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Micky said:

I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a success but there are so many of you on here that write players off before they have even set foot on the pitch. That in itself is both short sited and embarrassing.

I've said before he'll do fine, he's a good pro and I always liked his attitude and his nuisance factor when I've seen him play for Palace.  His final ball and finishing is highly questionable though.  In fact its been shit whenever I've watched him.  

All that aside you don't need expertise to see this is an atrocious deal financially given his age.  

• Like 2

Just now, Micky said:

That isn't writing them off before they've stepped foot on a pitch though, is it? This isn't a player coming from an unfamiliar league we need time to assess and see how they settle. Jordan Ayew is a known quantity.

This is looking at the decision making involved in a deal to sign a 32 year old with a very average record to a reported 3 year contract for 8million quid + whatever we throw at him in wages. 

At that point, unless he comes in and has 15+ goal involvements and we stay up, it's very hard (nigh on impossible, actually) to make the case for this being a remotely good deal for us. There's a reason we are the only side in for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Yes it's short termism. But I suppose that's where we are at purely salvation and 17th place this season. The longer regeneration has to wait. So Cooper et al are working on what will achieve that solitary goal come June. 

Not pretty. Just pragmatic.

This shortermism might work better if we signed a striker with a half decent scoring record…..