Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

50 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That’s where Reid, McAteer, Buoanotte, Alves all in come in. 

I’ve always believed that when you sign a player it should always be an improvement on what’s existing 

we are going to be in a relegation scrap. Young lads can lose their way in that sort of situation and go missing. We need cool experienced heads. We simply can’t depend on or rely on  the latter two or even Buoanotte when the going gets tough. McAteer didn’t impress in the champ and Alves did play in the champs so what makes you think they’ll be able to play an important part this season?

• Like 1

Part of me is starting to think this might be the best we can do, given the point deduction and players hesitating to sign with us. But another part of me wonders if it's because our Director of Football just is so terrible at his job he can't convince players to join. If Ayew is only coming in as an experienced squad player, I can just about tolerate it, but we still need to find a couple more attacking options if we're serious about staying up. I don't see this signing generating much optimism among the fans or the players.

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Think you should sit down, play a bit of football manager and calm down fella

Nothing wrong with abit of passion and calling out the moaning bastards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

we are going to be in a relegation scrap. Young lads can lose their way in that sort of situation and go missing. We need cool experienced heads. We simply can’t depend on or rely on  the latter two or even Buoanotte when the going gets tough. McAteer didn’t impress in the champ and Alves did play in the champs so what makes you think they’ll be able to play an important part this season?

ayew clearly wanting the hat trick of relegations on his CV

might be experienced but being experienced doesnt mean hes up to cop for what we need

2 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Not that happy about ayew but some are going well over the top ..

I will support any player that joins 

Don't think anyone has suggested they won't?

Doesn't mean we can't be absolutely disgusted by the decision 

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is Rudkinomics at its finest and Cooper's recruitment is a huge red flag to me as well. He got a free pass from basically everybody because Marinakis is a cretin but it's pretty obvious already he had more to do with it than made out.

This does really worry me about Cooper. Last year it ran pretty smoothly, Enzo knew what he wanted, we backed him. One of our best windows for ages. And now we're being served this.

We need a longer term strategy rather than just flipping depending on the manager at the time. Looks like a very short-termist view from Cooper.

If it's a 2 year deal on relatively low wages, I can just about Stomach it.

We are so poor at negotiating though, that price is far above market value lol

33 in a few weeks and in the last year of his contract. Madness

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

If it gets to £10m it will be in the top 5 most expensive premier league transfers for players 32+ lol and 2 of the others are keepers

image.png.1b09b8ffb4c84b1915ee9fcc37e4a359.png

Maths not a strong point.

10 is not more than 12.

18 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Buonanotte is absolutely nothing like Ayew from what I have seen of the two. 

High pressing, positions on the pitch and work rate is what I suspect the similarities are.

Buonanotte had a fantastic debut, on the ball he was great. But he was also great off the ball. He pressed more than Vardy did!

With Ayew the biggest thing I can say is he will put in a shift. When we went down, too many players pulled out of challenges and frankly did not do the hard running. He will. Is that work 8M all in? Not for me to say. Premier League prices are mental.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've heard "hopeful" before. 

Nobody else is signing, it's just the party line Percy has been asked to tag on to placate us. 

This is it. This is our summer right here. 

Us not making another transfer this summer is the best business we can do right now. With our transfer team as it is right now we dont want any more transfers being made.

Did we privately change our head of recruitment?

Because I was under the impression we went through the ordeal we did in getting the one we wanted because he was the don when it came to bringing in top young talent at low prices. Or does he have dyscalculia?

We have signed Bobby de Cordova Reid and now ayew. Last year we spent 10m on coady who can’t get in the side. We’ve also spent 25m on an overpriced spurs reject.

They all need sacking, head of recruitment included.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

“A good appearance record”

”a good appearance record”

”a good appearance record”

lol our scouting criteria

#WelcomeChristianBenteke

#WelcomeMattTargett

#GoodAppearanceRecord 

#PremierLeagueExperience