Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Aside from the obvious lack of vfm offered by this deal, this is yet another signing this summer that doesn't improve our starting XI. Given how tight money is, surely we have to be prioritising the purchase of players who can enhance our starting team, not adding more and more squad fillers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems to me this is Rudkin’s safety net incase other transfers don’t work out. Regardless, massive overpay but I think the player himself is a good addition but not as a starter.

Then we’re screwed cos Percy said he’s having his medical today 

strange that cooper said we’re further away from deals than we were last week and then it’s reported that ayew is having a medical ??

24 minutes ago, jv1 said:

agree to disagree- he isnt a forward- he plays wide- his work rate is really good according to palace fans- his assists record was very good last year as well-  the negativity to it is pointless- ill give him a fair crack at showing he is worth wearing the shirt

You're disagreeing with facts, not an opinion on the first point. Every single mention of he is as a forward, and a winger. When he plays wide he's been playing as a wide forward, like Barnes or Mavididi did/do. He's got a pretty much even split across his career when playing wide or up front (and you'll note that there is a spot for right midfield, so is very much in that wide forward role when he plays).

7 assists last season is decent but hardly 'very good'. And sadly that's a huge outlier where he's generally averaging 2/3 a season. I'm not disputing his all-round play but you cannot have that kind of record as a forward. We need some fresh impetus from a young and exciting player, not yet another person who's good at running around. If it's a 3 year deal for the fee reported, it shows you this club hasn't got a clue

Screenshot_20240822-165441.thumb.png.e664cfbb274de30e0843bb3f15bd8177.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

That we want to get 2 more attackers in before the window closes, on top of Ayew 

They’ve said that every window for the last 5 years, it’s just lip service. We’ll probably just end up with ayew (if we’re lucky or unlucky whichever way you look at it) , and then be frantically linked with every man and his dog by Romano til deadline day. Maybe even with a defeated tweet like “deal between Leicester and x club with x player is OFF. Club was hopeful to get deal done by deadline but something has got in the way and these definitely weren’t bollocks payed tweets to seem like Jon Rudkin actually had a plan to get anybody in after spaffing more ffp crippling money on Jordan 3 goals

17 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Not that happy about ayew but some are going well over the top ..

I will support any player that joins 

Some people on here are embarrassing. 5million for a premier league player 😂 he will do us a decent job I’m ok with it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Then we’re screwed cos Percy said he’s having his medical today 

strange that cooper said we’re further away from deals than we were last week and then it’s reported that ayew is having a medical ??

I mean he’s coming in still, but Rudkin knew he could get this done, so completed the move knowing if other targets as well as Ayew don’t work out that’s he’s covered himself by getting another body in.

32 minutes ago, Micky said:

I wish the moaning ***** would just **** off. Imagine having you lot around the club. You'd all collectively destroy anything good that we are trying to achieve. 

You've been about the biggest moaner in here to be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sankey93 said:

Some people on here are embarrassing. 5million for a premier league player 😂 he will do us a decent job I’m ok with it.

I hear you. But people are minded that Vards is only one serious injury from game over for the season  / career. So they are desperate for a forward signing that covers that catastrophe. Ayew isn't that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Micky said:

I wish the moaning ***** would just **** off. Imagine having you lot around the club. You'd all collectively destroy anything good that we are trying to achieve

Let’s leave that to our DoF.

This deal is ridiculous on so many levels. Wrong profile with no resale value at 33. Piss poor stats. Just ridiculous really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

They’ve said that every window for the last 5 years, it’s just lip service. We’ll probably just end up with ayew (if we’re lucky or unlucky whichever way you look at it) , and then be frantically linked with every man and his dog by Romano til deadline day. Maybe even with a defeated tweet like “deal between Leicester and x club with x player is OFF. Club was hopeful to get deal done by deadline but something has got in the way and these definitely weren’t bollocks payed tweets to seem like Jon Rudkin actually had a plan to get anybody in after spaffing more ffp crippling money on Jordan 3 goals

Like you, I think this will be the last addition to the squad in this window, unless Rudkin is able to do deals for Matt Ritchie or Andros Townsend for £20m each. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I hear you. But people are minded that Vards is only one serious injury from game over for the season  / career. So they are desperate for a forward signing that covers that catastrophe. Ayew isn't that. 

I agree but he’s not being signed for the ST role, I don’t believe so anyways. Let’s hope we get a proper striker in as well. He’s going to a better job then cannon would so I’m happy 

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

And still people will defend the twat of an owner and this cvnt of a DoF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1