Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

So what does Ayew do?

Answer: presses.

Very interesting to see FBRef offer similar players as BDCR and Buonanotte. Almost like Cooper is solely looking for high pressing 10s/wide men.

Would have to imagine he will want the same for a CF.

In a way, does give me confidence the 2nd half vs Spurs was a tactical decision to press high and not just blind luck 

Screenshot_20240822_170717_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240822_170756_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Huth was 30, end up cost us 3m, Id' say is a comparable transfer. 

Stoke fans loved him and spoke highly, Palace fans speak them same about Ayew.

This summer we have brought in 2 x 23, 19, 18, 20 year olds and a 31 and 33.

People are acting like we have signed up dads army 

I think it's fair to say that £3m on a 30 yo CB is quite different to £8m on a 33 yo winger.

• Like 2

Just now, Nick said:

I think you have to be quite special to find out.

I am the man for that job as I am very spec…ahhh, I see what you did there. **** you.

lol

• Thanks 1

Clearly he's not the fans choice, but we are clearly struggling to get our targets over the line with what we're offering. But the more I read the more I'm thinking actually yeah I think he'll do a job here. Hard working, pressing. Cottee was 32.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LVFox said:

So what does Ayew do?

Very interesting to see FBRef offer similar players as BDCR and Buonanotte. Almost like Cooper is solely looking for high pressing 10s/wide men.

In a way, does give me confidence the 2nd half vs Spurs was a tactical decision to press high and not just blind luck 

Makes us not being in for Szmodics even more crazier and people are happy with this but didn’t want SS lol 

Edited by whoareyaaa

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

So what does Ayew do?

Surely PressED??  He's 32, might those stats be deteriorating??

30 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

It's in euros mate, close enough? Or shall I check currency converter.com before I post 

No but I had missed that.

Obviously eyesight is not my strong point.

Edited by sylofox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue Ed said:

Clearly he's not the fans choice, but we are clearly struggling to get our targets over the line with what we're offering. But the more I read the more I'm thinking actually yeah I think he'll do a job here. Hard working, pressing. Cottee was 32.

Cottee had a scoring record that Ayew can only dream of having. 

Ayew's stats look more like those of a CDM - nothing progressive but good at tackling and interceptions!

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'd guess that's come from cooper that they'll try and sign 2 more players. It'll be one max.