Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Must admit this is a tad expensive.

To be honest when we got that recruitment chap from southampton (glover) i was expected us to get some young gems for this money not a 33 year old and the end of his time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Must admit this is a tad expensive.

To be honest when we got that recruitment chap from southampton (glover) i was expected us to get some young gems for this money not a 33 year old and the end of his time

The sad fact is, profit from getting young players is likely worth more in a single season than staying in the league, so I do see a sense of boring logic to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Well I did slate Nixon and said he’s normally wrong about us. I’m a bit sad he was right for once 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day 

Edited by em9999

24 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

If he plays a part in us staying if the PL come the end of the season, quite frankly, I couldn’t give a f**k on his cost, wage, age, perception, lack of goal return, sexy signing or any other doubt. It’ll be worth it.

We’re not in a position to build for the future. We have to live in the here and now. This is the reality. 

We need to get behind this it and trust in the recruitment process. We’re not the club we once were. We’re in an utter dog fight and this is the profile that is most fitting to where we realistically are.

Planning for the future is what we should be doing. Get the costs down, sign younger players who will either be with us a few years or turn a profit. 

Short term is a mess either way so planning for the future is the way to get out of the mess we are in.

• Like 3

I can see why CP fans are sad to see him go. Bit like us and Albrighton. A mini legend but now past their best. He can do a job for us but the price is a little high. That's the cost a possible points deduction has. Ironically the FA is forcing us to spend more. Illegally in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Planning for the future is what we should be doing. Get the costs down, sign younger players who will either be with us a few years or turn a profit. 

Short term is a mess either way so planning for the future is the way to get out of the mess we are in.

If short term keeps you in this division during what is sure to be a difficult season, it’s hard to disagree with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Think we are pretty well placed for the future if we do go down. Stolarczyk, Nelson, VK, Skipp, Alves, Braybrooke, McAteer, Mavididi, Fatawu, Cannon, Richards all tied into decent length contracts. 

We should also realise a decent PSR profit for Hermansen and Faes, whilst Winks, Okoli, Riccy, Vestergaard and Souttar should be able to find a move away if we needed to from a salary perspective. 

If we stay up, we go again next summer and add 2 or 3 first choice players to the squad, and if we’ve done well enough for one of the players to get a big transfer away, so be it, we go back to the model that’s served us so well till Rudkin and Whelan had a massive brain fart. 

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

We have signed 2 x 23, 20 and 18 old so we have brought in a decent amount of young players.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Tete was all exciting and the best things slice bread how did that work out.

I think it's best to judge siging when they have actually played.

Tete didn't work but how much did that actually cost us? We weren't lumbered with him for another three years.

This signing has potential to be better than Tete. It also has potential to be a lot worse. We're not covered.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If short term keeps you in this division during what is sure to be a difficult season, it’s hard to disagree with it.

I agree with that, but do you really think that signing workhorse is the best way to stave off relegation? 

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have signed 2 x 23, 20 and 18 old so we have brought in a decent amount of young players.

Im not certain how much we really wanted the 18 year old in question tbh

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree with that, but do you really think that signing workhorse is the best way to stave off relegation? 

In part yes, but we still do need far more creativity.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I hear the argument. Surely doing this with the security of Premier league safety is the way to do this though? It’ll become significantly more difficult either in the Championsip or falling into the ‘yo-yo’ bracket. 

This just stinks of absolute desperation! And proof top the board and the scouting team are so far out of touch! He doesn’t improve us he is now a championship player at best! I’d rather have a hungry tom cannon in the squad with something to prove and some fight than a player that’s rotted the prem out for years and isn’t really a goalscorer. all it does is show how awful the club is being run atm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1