Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Who couldn't get a game in the championship.

Still scored 2 goals in his time here. Which, according to Wiki, means he managed to match what Ayew managed when he was in the Championship with Villa. lol

Yunus also had a pretty good game against Bournemouth in the cup, so there's a slim chance that if he played a game or 2 against Prem teams this season he might manage to scuff 1 goal in. Which would be enough to match the achievements of Jordan Ayew, who has achieved a one goal prem season on 3 seperate occasions.

EDIT: A big part of the reason he couldn't get a game was because we were trying to avoid triggering the obligation to sign him, because we are right up against the wall financially with PSR problems. Which is another reason why we shouldn't be spending 8 million chuffing pounds on a 33 year old striker with awful stats and no resale value.

Edited by orangecity23

13 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

What if focusing too much on the short term causes a lot more damage long term though? It’s a fine balancing act admittedly. Of course we want to stay up, but as long as the long term future of the club isn’t jeopardised.

Yeah agree, spending everything on youth, would be just as bonkers as spending everything in so-called experience.

10 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

It is when we've supposedly got very little transfer budget left.

We have probably spent nearly £5 million flying the ladies team out to Perth and putting them up for god knows how long

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Quite convinced that 90% of the bed wetters in here have never spent any time watching him play and are basing their entire opinion of him on his wikipedia page.

He is exactly the sort of player you want in your team in a relegation battle and exactly the sort of character that the wasn't in the squad 15-16 months ago.

I watched him play over atleast 15 times, the guy isn't going to add goals for a relegation team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

We have probably spent nearly £5 million flying the ladies team out to Perth and putting them up for god knows how long

Did they bring Concorde back into service for the trip?

5 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Did that involve actually buying the private jet?

At least this replaces Junior Lewis as potentially the worst LCFC signing……ever.

Rudkin needs binning off even more now.  He will be buying ex Drayman Horses next for KP Racing and then, maybe Top will fire him when he sees ‘Dobbin’ come in last after being lapped in the 4.30 at Epsom.

I hope a goal scorer follows this.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I watched him play over atleast 15 times, the guy isn't going to add goals for a relegation team.

Nope, but there's absolutely no way that he's brought in because we think he's going to add goals to our side.

His ability off the ball and to retain the ball is why we've got him.

He's been brought in to help see out games. I can see the logic in going for this type of player. Just can't see the logic in paying a relatively large fee for someone of his age, approaching the last 12 months of his contract.

I'm kind of holding on to the fact that he has an excellent fitness record. I guess, if you look at it a different way, we could sign an injury prone 26 year old and get even less value for money (looking at you, Dennis Praet). I realise I might be clutching at straws here!

Edited by Tielemans63

14 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Even if anywhere near true, which it isn't obvs, losses on Women's team don't count towards PSR.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Quite convinced that 90% of the bed wetters in here have never spent any time watching him play and are basing their entire opinion of him on his wikipedia page.

He is exactly the sort of player you want in your team in a relegation battle and exactly the sort of character that the wasn't in the squad 15-16 months ago.

I agree with this. Just think it’s very steep. Especially with only a year left. 

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You refer to the wrong season - those transfers were made for our second season in the top flight.

Our first season back in the Prem, we certainly leaned on experience pro’s as we signed the likes of Albrighton, Upson, Simpson and Schwarzer - and of course Huth was signed on loan from January.

We also signed a certain legendary Argentinian… as well as Ulloa. 

Right, but going into that season, our previous championship squad had a combined 434 prem appearances, and over 70% of those were from one player (Nugent 64, Waghorn 6, Kasper 8, De Laet 3, Taylor-Fletcher 31, Wood 3, Konchesky 319). Coming into this summer our squad had 1255 (Ward 29, Iversen 12, JJ 63, Wout 31, Coady 176, Kristensen 12, Ricardo 102, Vestegaard 82, Thomas 68, Wilf 192, Winks 128, Daka 53, Vardy 307). Add in BDCR (128), Skipp (77) and Buonanotte (40) and we're at 1,500 prem appearances in our current squd. The "experienced pros" and the much vaunted premier league experience is already well covered.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nope, but there's absolutely no way that he's brought in because we think he's going to add goals to our side.

His ability off the ball and to retain the ball is why we've got him.

Brilliant, so he replaces one of our wingers?  Whats the plan.  He played for a bang average CP team, with great attacking options, we have none.  

Massive gamble with poor output.  This will be Akinbiyi type disgrace.

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Brilliant, so he replaces one of our wingers?  Whats the plan.  He played for a bang average CP team, with great attacking options, we have none.  

Massive gamble with poor output.  This will be Akinbiyi type disgrace.

Doesn't replace any of our wingers. We have Mavididi, BDCR and Fatawu that are probably Premier League standard. This probably allows us to let Alves and McAteer get 30+ games for a Championship club.

Tbf take away the fee and he's probably the type of player who will help us in season that will basically be a big, ugly relegation battle.

Caveat that however in that we buy a proper number 9.

But of course our star striker purchase/ loan will inevitably be Fofana and he is ****ing shit so we are royally screwed

#foxesneverquit

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Cooper might just want to play him more in the Cup competitions mainly..

We aren’t spending nearly £8 million quid on him to play in cup games. 

Cup competitions will be sacked off in the early rounds I imagine with hardly any first teamers playing in them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You dont play neally 250 Premier league games across 8 seasons if you are crap.

He's here to do a job for a couple of years. 

Nobody is saying  he's the long term answer. 

Similar was said about Ryan Bertrand who was 2 years younger.

I am not actually against this signing, but do think there are more potential downsides to up. 

No doubt he was down our list of choices and is costing us more than we want to pay. 

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You dont play neally 250 Premier league games across 8 seasons if you are crap.

He's here to do a job for a couple of years. 

Nobody is saying  he's the long term answer. 

Agree with this. Think this will be a very underwhelming but good signing. Same with Skipp. 

I do think the fee for both is quite bizarre though. Signing them I’m ok with, but the fee’s I’m unsure how we have potentially spuffed 33 million on them.

• Like 1