Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

58 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I would argue that £5m on someone like the top scorer in the Latvian Premier League is a luxury yet it's the sort of signing that sets FoxesTalk's pulses racing.

£5m for guaranteed results in the Premier League sounds like a necessity to me. We know exactly what we'll get from a player like Ayew.

Im glad your not financial advisor.  But love the optimism.

56 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

There seems to be many posters

a) Writing Ayew off before he's even kicked a ball

b) Unaware that the initial fee is £5m, not £8m

c) Unaware of his likely role in the team

I'm not saying he'll be amazing, but at least make an opinion when you've watched him a dozen or so times in a Leicester shirt.

I think it's precisely because we have seen him kick a ball that many of us are so horrified that a big chunk of our budget has been spent on this 32 year old journeyman, in the last year of his contract.  Palace must be laughing!

We know exactly what Jordan Ayew does and doesn't bring.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on even with our incoming this season our amortisation for transfer fees is no more than what it roughly was at the start of the championship.

We have decent enough head room, in that regard.

If we’re thinking relegation is a possibility, they could be planning for the reduced amount allowed in the Championship. Hence the deals mentioned always being related to our survival.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We've heard "hopeful" before. 

Nobody else is signing, it's just the party line Percy has been asked to tag on to placate us. 

This is it. This is our summer right here. 

You're talking about Wales, aren't you?

23 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Jack Clarke off to Ipswich for £15 million to run salt in the wounds. Envious that Ipswich have made some quality signings since promotion. 

You cannot compare us with a well run forward thinking football club.  Until Rudkin goes, nothing will change.

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The melt down is hilarious.

NP revered by all on here, know that experience combined with youth was key to success, he brought in plenty of experienced.

NP was also bringing in young, quality players as a priority.

With Vardy, Vestergaard, Ricardo, Ndidi, Reid, etc. we’re not short on experience. We’re short on quality.

So again, we ask, what is the point of this signing? 

• Like 1

Are we sleepwalking into more PSR issues or is that just me thinking that?

Also, on a side note - why do some posters on here (the ones who seem to rate this odd transfer) seem to end up resorting to bizarre insults? 

A genuine observation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Also, on a side note - why do some posters on here (the ones who seem to rate this odd transfer) seem to end up resorting to bizarre insults? 

Ayew is the best you turnip! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I would argue that £5m on someone like the top scorer in the Latvian Premier League is a luxury yet it's the sort of signing that sets FoxesTalk's pulses racing.

£5m for guaranteed results in the Premier League sounds like a necessity to me. We know exactly what we'll get from a player like Ayew.

If we spend ****ing £5m on Janis Janis we're totally ****ed. Top scorer for Barwell would be better.

Breretin Diaz scored 6 in 14 games for a woeful Sheff Utd team last season, 25 yrs old and went for 7m. We get 33yr old Ayew who's scored 4 in 35 games for 8M. Makes no sense.

5 hours ago, Micky said:

Palace fans know nothing....

Ayew is the perfect player to see a game over the line. A right pain in the arse.

I will miss his dogged dedication, and so I fear will the team.

Ayew is an experienced head and he is one of the most fouled players in the division for a reason, he is a pest.

He is like the glue that holds the squad quality up

Whoever comes in also has to be an upgrade on Ayew for it to make sense as from a reliability point of view he has rarely been injured and consistently produced solid 7/10 performances. Reasonably big shoes to fill methinks.

So he gets fouled. Is he the only player on planet earth we can find who runs around and gets fouled? Sure there’s no young players with those qualities?

The argument isn’t whether he’s liked at Palace, or even if he’s better than we think. It’s whether he offers something significant that we don’t already have in the squad. Otherwise, he’s a pointless waste of money, even if he’s an ok player.

28 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

NP was also bringing in young, quality players as a priority.

With Vardy, Vestergaard, Ricardo, Ndidi, Reid, etc. we’re not short on experience. We’re short on quality.

So again, we ask, what is the point of this signing? 

It's a cheap experienced squad option, at the moment we have Mavididi, Fatawu, McAteer, BCDR, Buonanotte and Alves to cover 3 attacking midfield positions if we  play 4-2-3-1.

6 players to cover 3 positions, 4 of who are 19, 19, 20 and 22 and very inexperienced, so we have a lot of youth already. 

Out of those 6 players, 2 have PL experience BCDR and Buonanotte 4 have played 3 PL games between them.

I suspect we will bring in Ayew and another attacking player who can play central and on the wing who probably another young player.

Then we have two senior pros who to support a group of player with limited PL experience, which give us 8 players to cover for injuries, suspension, rotation, loss of form.

Last year we ran Mavididi and Fatawu into the ground and suffered for it.

It's really not rocket science.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1