Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

5 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

You can feel it coming, can't you? 33 million on Skipp and Ayew committed, "hopeful of getting 2" more attacking players. Next week it becomes "hopeful of 2 more, might need some departures". Deadline day "Hoping for a loan, as soon as a couple go out on loan". Then run out of time, whoops, never mind, at least we've got Ayew in. that'll sort us out until January, surely we'll sell Soumare then, the last 4 times we tried didn't work but we've got a good feeling this time.

Spot on 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

This is hands down the single transfer that has enraged me the most in the last decade. I wasnt this angry when we signed Bertrand or Vestergaard because above all else it just shows we've learned abso ****ing lutely nothing. 

It's a transfer that takes all the hope away that we've turned a corner. 

Cooper is a worse manager than Dean Smith, Ayew is worse signing than anyone Congerton brought in and this time when we get relegated the EFL are going to be ready and waiting to kick the shit out of us and we won't have a squad of genuine talent to bounce us back up. 

Our Sunderland years are literally starting. 

I'll put you down as a maybe.

• Haha 4

Think he can do a more than decent job for us. He’s not a goal-scoring forward but one who will help us win back possession at the top end and create chances for others, works his bollox off, strong, savvy, experienced. He was a regular at Palace under a multitude of managers so they clearly all saw something in him. 

If we can sign at least one more attacker, an out and out goal scorer, this signing will start to make more sense to those who might not be thrilled about it now. He’s not the answer to our biggest problems but an important contributor in our one aim - staying up. I think he can deliver in that context. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Jack Clarke off to Ipswich for £15 million to run salt in the wounds. Envious that Ipswich have made some quality signings since promotion. 

Really envious of this signing, he's scored some great goals for Sunderland and think he's going to grow into a Premier League player

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

You can feel it coming, can't you? 33 million on Skipp and Ayew committed, "hopeful of getting 2" more attacking players. Next week it becomes "hopeful of 2 more, might need some departures". Deadline day "Hoping for a loan, as soon as a couple go out on loan". Then run out of time, whoops, never mind, at least we've got Ayew in. that'll sort us out until January, surely we'll sell Soumare then, the last 4 times we tried didn't work but we've got a good feeling this time.

Of course. The club apologists will defend each notching down of the expectations each time as well and pretend we don't notice.

So lets hold them to it. Two more attackers in next week.

I bet it's something like Doak on loan and that's that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Paying £250,000 for this bloke is a bad deal.

Paying £5,000,0000 + £3,000,000 is a sackable offence when we get relegated.

I’d rather have kept Mark Albrighton if I’m honest! 

If we get relegated I am sure the +3M doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Honestly if people aren't going to see that Rudkin is grossly incompetent after this, they never will. 

Cooper is far from blameless in this, this sort of signing is his idea, but any competent DoF should be telling him absolutely not, the deal doesn't represent good value and you don't need him. If you really want a defensive winger who can't score, we already got you Bobby de Cordova Reid, and he was free.

Like what's his role going to be? run around a bit and win free kicks? we've got players who can do that already. if you really really want to be a team that just wins set pieces and scores from them, you've already got two tricky wingers who will get fouled regularly, you need someone who can take them and someone who can score from them. Sara was both and we didn't bother going back in with an increased bid because we had to save money for Skipp and Jordan ****in Ayew??

We've got basically no goals in the midfield having lost KDH, our only fit striker is a 38 year old who has to have his minutes managed, better ignore those and go all out for a man who gets booked as much as he scores despite allegedly being a forward.

When Cooper gets sacked, and he will pretty quickly because he's out of his depth in the prem, we're then lumbered with yet another unsellable asset just reducing our headroom in PSR, because there's no long range plan with Rudkin, the world's most incompetent DoF. Just let every single manager change the style drastically and rebuild the squad to fix that, let's pretend we've got the commercial income to allow more PSR headroom to do that. We deserve every single points deduction we get.

How anyone can disagree with any of that is beyond me.

I’ve said it countless times but our disregard to PSR when our lack of compliance is a “big reason it’s putting good players off” is negligence and incompetence but yet some on here still defend Rudkin, blows my mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Scenes on here when he bangs in 25 goals for us this season and it turns out he’s just been grossly mismanaged for a decade. 

I’ll have whatever you’re smoking son.

He’s 33 in less than 3 weeks - him having 25 goals/assists (which he’s not managed in the past 3 seasons combined) is about as likely as Rudkin coming out and talking to the fans.

£5m+ addons for a nearly 33 year old for whom I can't see where he fits into the squad?! It's another body (and expensive one) in the squad, I guess. Does he improve us other than that? I just can't see it. 

How are the club going to sell this one to us. What a waste of money. 

A freebie for a season, maybe I could accept it more, but to pay actual money is such a dire business decision. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

This one is genuinely baffling. Ayew had Saudi league written all over him and yet here we are. 

I had a look at his total stats in the Prem and they're not absolutely horrific but it averages out to 6.5 goals per season and around 4 assists. On paper, it's not the worst we could do but it's such an unnecessary transfer and poor value for money.