Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

For those on here that feel a touch perplexed and depressed , for a pick me up go over to Chelsea’s forum, they are beyond perplexed and  depressed , they are beside themselves with anger , hate Marescu and the new signings and want the owners out. Even the R word is being branded about!

• Haha 3

Just now, mazarron fox said:

For those on here that feel a touch perplexed and depressed , for a pick me up go over to Chelsea’s forum, they are beyond perplexed and  depressed , they are beside themselves with anger , hate Marescu and the new signings and want the owners out. Even the R word is being branded about!

Haha. I don't think Maresca has had time to be blamed for anything. That will come in due course. But the ownership / leadership of that club are off their nuts. Totally bonkers!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

They don't rate kdh at all. 'Limited' is the word thrown about

7 minutes ago, K789 said:

They don't rate kdh at all. 'Limited' is the word thrown about

I read the Sky Sports summary of their match last night and KDH was mentioned repeatedly as being the bright spark in Chelsea's side.

I read their forum this morning to see if they agreed and saw the same comment as you.

Looks like they're equally miserable and 'minds made up' as FoxesTalk, which is some going.

54 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:.  

A very weird transfer window.  If we got in a decent number 9, that Greek dude for example, I'd say it's been pretty good.  A 9 and 10 it's been very good.  Neither of those and it's been shite imo because we will have used our resources in areas that aren't as critical.  With Daka out a 9 is absolutely essentially surely.

Fully agree on this.

If we fail to get another decent forward in, it looks like a pretty poor window.

Skipp may well be very decent, it’s just obvious we’re going to be short on creativity and goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

This is what’s wrong with football though. It’s a system that encourages the sale of homegrown talent. 

I also heard that Barnes requested to stay and help us get promoted to which he was told ‘we need to sell you for FFP/PSR’. I’m not sure how true it is, but if it is it’s ridiculous. Boys grow up dreaming of being professional footballers and the ones that make it just become assets. Same with Connor Gallagher at Chelsea

From what I've heard - and this came from somebody close to Barnes - this is indeed true.

4 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

This is what’s wrong with football though. It’s a system that encourages the sale of homegrown talent. 

I also heard that Barnes requested to stay and help us get promoted to which he was told ‘we need to sell you for FFP/PSR’. I’m not sure how true it is, but if it is it’s ridiculous. Boys grow up dreaming of being professional footballers and the ones that make it just become assets. Same with Connor Gallagher at Chelsea

Its extremely unfortunate and I do not blame the club in this instance, but the league and its two tier behaviour.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If it's affordable, then there's no big issue. If it's a two year contract it adds a couple of million a year to the amortisation and bit of wages, so long as there is a large wage reduction for relegation in place, then I don't see the problem there. 

The point is the club could gamble on a 32 year old back in the O'Neil era as there would be no potential penalties imposed by the league administrators. I'm sure that our accountants have it all under control :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Haha. I don't think Maresca has had time to be blamed for anything. That will come in due course. But the ownership / leadership of that club are off their nuts. Totally bonkers!!

Time has never stopped Foxestalk.  Cooper has already got us relegated with less points than Derby…

Cooper or Maresca to be sacked first is an interesting bet

46 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

You mean...they want Rudders in to clean up all the mess?! 👀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll say it again too, our record of purchasing players with Premier League experience has been just as wasteful.

What's the answer then Ric? Even your recommendation (Tete) was far from uplifting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

We paid £7.5 million for Coady who’s hardly played - and yet, I’d argue he’s been value for that fee based on what he’s brought to the club off the pitch.

I’m certain a key aspect that appealed to the club with Ayew is that he’s a leader.

When we were at our most successful in recent years, we had former captains all across the pitch.

Is he a leader though? Genuine question as have no idea other than that he a senior pro who’s been around.

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Is he a leader though? Genuine question as have no idea other than that he a senior pro who’s been around.

Sorry! Realised you were speaking about Ayew!

Edited by dmayne7
Mistake
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The point is the club could gamble on a 32 year old back in the O'Neil era as there would be no potential penalties imposed by the league administrators. I'm sure that our accountants have it all under control :rolleyes:

That's yet to be seen this season, but our net spend hardly screams of risk taking.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Leadership comes in many forms, some are vocal leaders, some lead by example... and by the sounds of it he's at the very least the latter.

• Like 1