Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iancognito

Jordan Ayew (interest confirmed by Percy)

Just now, JonnyBoy said:

this will be a good signing if we sign two good forward players in addition to Ayew, this will be a bad signing if this is the only signing. That is all, done.. no more arguments 

Exactly. He’s a good squad player to have. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

this will be a good signing if we sign two good forward players in addition to Ayew, this will be a bad signing if this is the only signing. That is all, done.. no more arguments 

So just to clarify, if we get two good forward players you'll be happy with Ayew joining too. But if we don't get two good forward players, you'd prefer it if we didn't sign any forward players at all?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

So just to clarify, if we get two good forward players you'll be happy with Ayew joining too. But if we don't get two good forward players, you'd prefer it if we didn't sign any forward players at all?

Ayew does not score goals.   So if no ‘goal’ scorers are signed, signing Ayew only is going to leave us lite in that area.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Ayew does not score goals.   So if no ‘goal’ scorers are signed, signing Ayew only is going to leave us lite in that area.

He's not being signed to score goals - he's being signed for his pressing, work rate and experience, and his ability to push forwards and win fouls in dangerous positions. JonnyBoy's logic seemed to be that if we can't improve our goal scoring ability via quality forward players, we may as well not bother trying to improve in other areas either. And I'm not sure that makes much sense.

• Like 1

Most people who are for this signing seem to think he’s a good signing ‘among 2 other forwards signing’.

Well ok if he signs and we then go and get another striker and another winger/attacking midfielder…where the hell does Ayew fit?!

4th choice striker and 5/6th choice winger?

Fkin’elllllll.

8m down the drain+plus wages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

8m down the drain+plus wages.

It's £5m - it's only £8m if we stay up and if we do it will be a good investment. I hope fans give him a chance, before him being this year's scapegoat.

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

It's £5m - it's only £8m if we stay up and if we do it will be a good investment. I hope fans give him a chance, before him being this year's scapegoat.

Not necessarily. If he contributes very little e.g. he gets a bad injury or is just totally shit (which I don't think he will be but it's not impossible) and yet we stay up regardless, it will still be a bad use of £8m

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

Not necessarily. If he contributes very little e.g. he gets a bad injury or is just totally shit (which I don't think he will be but it's not impossible) and yet we stay up regardless, it will still be a bad use of £8m

A lot of if's there, which I could turn around to that if he helps keep us up. This is not a purchase for a specific position, but more to fit a piece of a jigsaw. There will be games where his experience, ability to hold the ball up, win fouls and press from the front that will be a valuable asset IMO 

We will sign nobody next week.  If we do not, then our esteemed DoF and his Recruitment Team need to be challenged. Hope the Trust  are on to this👺