Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mandela Keita - signed for Parma

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Wasn’t he at OH? Funny if we end up paying loads for him. Pointless having a sister club. 😂

He was and I thought he was worth a look then too.

6 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Wasn’t he at OH? Funny if we end up paying loads for him. Pointless having a sister club. 😂

Was only on loan wasn’t he?

Good passer of the ball with very good defensive stats.

Not sure if he's the one, but it's exactly the sort of profile we need alongside Winks in my opinion. Ndidi should only be a backup option this year if we want to do well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This would be typical of us. Needed competition for Ndidi for 3 years. Was available on loan with a £4m option and now we'll pay £15m for him instead.

Depending on the contract length, it might not actually be so bad (although I agree he could have been cheaper a while back). 

£15m over 5 years is only going to be £3m/year so not that much outlay. 

Very solid defensively and presents as low risk considering his age. Again, it comes back to resale value. We're in a position that if we get 2 solid years out of him, we could get double our money (by Chelsea...) at this rate. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Depending on the contract length, it might not actually be so bad (although I agree he could have been cheaper a while back). 

£15m over 5 years is only going to be £3m/year so not that much outlay. 

Very solid defensively and presents as low risk considering his age. Again, it comes back to resale value. We're in a position that if we get 2 solid years out of him, we could get double our money (by Chelsea...) at this rate. 

I'm not saying it wouldn't be, he's a good player. It's more the decision making. 

have we seen Ndidi try and play his old deeper role again this preseason? It is a worry that he might not be as solid defensively as before. If so this guy would be a good option to replace him.

Edited by honeybradger

I can only assume news filters through slowly and this was our Ndidi replacement had he not signed…. We probably made an enquiry  last month and it’s only just filtering through… with winks, Ndidi, Hamza and Soumarè on the more defensive side, I’d be surprised if this went through…

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He came through at Leuven, they then sold him to Antwerp

What the point in having a sister club if we can't help each other out.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I can only assume news filters through slowly and this was our Ndidi replacement had he not signed…. We probably made an enquiry  last month and it’s only just filtering through… with winks, Ndidi, Hamza and Soumarè on the more defensive side, I’d be surprised if this went through…

I'm starting to think (what someone on here was trying to tell me, yet I was dismissing it!) is true.

Basically, we might not actually play any kind of number 10, at all!

It could be that Cooper will want three (or two in a 3-4-3) hard working, energetic, centre midfielders, who get the ball forward relatively quickly, with the creativity coming mainly from the wings or a 'quarterback' position.

A three of Keita, Hatate and Winks could suit this kind of system. Backed up with squad players, Ndidi, Choudhury, Golding and Soumare, if he sticks around.

Bad news for Alves, I guess

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MPH said:

HLN are quite good - it is who Kristof Terreur works for - so I don’t think that would be the case

He is very comfortable on the ball so I wouldn’t be surprised if he is also seen as competition for Winks as well as Wilf

Soumare is being linked away as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'm starting to think (what someone on here was trying to tell me, yet I was dismissing it!) is true.

Basically, we might not actually play any kind of number 10, at all!

It could be that Cooper will want three (or two in a 3-4-3) hard working, energetic, centre midfielders, who get the ball forward relatively quickly, with the creativity coming mainly from the wings or a 'quarterback' position.

A three of Keita, Hatate and Winks could suit this kind of system. Backed up with squad players, Ndidi, Choudhury, Golding and Soumare, if he sticks around.

Bad news for Alves, I guess

Hatate is more of a creative player who will take a lot of risks with the ball and is quite weak defensively according to his transfer thread. Alves could interchange with that profile arguably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He came through at Leuven, they then sold him to Antwerp

I knew I hadn't imagined it and the name sounded familiar. 

I wondered whether it was simply the Mandela effect. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

I knew I hadn't imagined it and the name sounded familiar. 

I wondered whether it was simply the Mandela effect. 

Ah, the Mandela effect...