Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brownboy93

Elye Wahi

24 minutes ago, KFS said:

@Ric Flair - thoughts on this one? On paper and YouTube he looks like a really good player. But off the field sounds like a wrongun 

He was very highly regarded after his 2022/23 season at Montpellier alongside Mavididi. I wasn't aware of the baggage that surrounds him until today. It's a huge concern isn't it. I'd much rather look at Adam Hlozek.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was very highly regarded after his 2022/23 season at Montpellier alongside Mavididi. I wasn't aware of the baggage that surrounds him until today. It's a huge concern isn't it. I'd much rather look at Adam Hlozek.

1 million times yes. And were we not linked with him before the Euros? We should definitely go for a loan for Hlozek.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I mean he looks decent, but also a bellend, and will cost probably £40m. All in all feels pretty unlikely. He’d get goals though. 

To be fair in the account on the school incident it only says he made them strip. He says because they had been repeatedly taunting him about his dad dying when he was two and he wanted to humiliate them. Also he says that he pushed not punched the girl when they got into an argument and I'm not sure it went to court.

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Finners has already referenced his past issues so no need to go into the details of that. 

In terms of the football side of things, I can’t say I’m surprised that Lens are willing to let him leave. They signed him last summer for a big fee to replace Lois Openda, he came with big expectations after looking like one of the best striker talents in Ligue 1 while at Montpellier, but throughout last season he failed to live up to expectations. He had many games last season where Lens fans were really disgruntled with his performances, his finishing especially at times was abysmal. 

He is also the type of striker I wouldn’t really associate with holding the ball up and linking play. He is more of a poacher who relies on quick movement in the box and running in behind. 

Maybe his price tag at Lens weighed on him too heavily, with pressure affecting his performances. At Montpellier his finishing was arguably one of his strongest assets, while at Lens his finishing at times was very snatchy and became a weak point. 

Sounds like Daka and we know how that's turned out...

3 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Sounds like Daka and we know how that's turned out...

Tbh I was a bit surprised to see him linked as he is quite similar to what we already have. The question mark if we do sign him would be which version will we end up getting. The Montpellier version was one of the best young strikers in France, but if we get the Lens version, we’ll be getting very frustrated with him pretty quickly 👍🏻

• Like 1

I don't think "we've had players on the books in the past with awful histories" means we should go and sign some more.

I agree we don't necessarily have full context, but those are still two very good reasons to steer clear of him, regardless of footballing ability. 

12 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

i mean, if we can avoid signing someone who has been sacked for cajoling lads into tossing off in toilets then, all things considered, i'd say we should. 

WTF, is this guy a peadophile. 

9 hours ago, bald reynard said:

If we really are interested, we should be in the driving seat for this - we're playing Lens soon. I wonder if the match is tied up with the transfer.

No it isn’t is my guess

2 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

It seems gone are the  days of character and lifestyle checks. Surely we can do better than this. We have to maintain our standards. I hope we will.8

are you confusing us for someone else?

• Haha 2