Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brownboy93

Elye Wahi

19 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I mean 

19 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I mean 

14 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

i mean

12 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If he's grown up and Henry thinks he's special then I'm on board.

Thierry Henry also regarded Claude Puel as one of the finest tactical minds in the modern game. 

Just now, SpacedX said:

Thierry Henry also regarded Claude Puel as one of the finest tactical minds in the modern game. 

I mean tbf he's just being nice about someone he knows. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Woah. No. Let's not get all Chinese whispers about this. 

To be extremely clear, three years ago Wahi was accused of punching a woman in the face in a night club. As far as I can tell, no legal action seemed to come of it. 

This lead an investigative journalist in France to go and do a bit of digging on him to write an article about violence perpetrated by footballers because there had been allegations when he left Caen that he'd been kicked out for attacking a coach. 

To be clear, he left Caen when he was 15.

What the journalist allegedly discovered is that there were actually allegations that when Wahi was 14 or 15 years old he had physically threatened other school kids to masturbate in front of him in the toilets. 

Again, there were never any charges brought either at the time or when the article was published, let alone any conviction or civil settlement and he himself was also a child at the time of the most serious accusations. 

Now I'm not suggesting that makes him a nice and wholesome person and I'm not defending anything he may or may not have done. But equally, let's just be clear about what he was accused of at very least. 

And you should be very careful what you post, to avoid any defamation lawsuits..

From a football perspective he’s absolutely the kind of player we should be looking at. A shame that out of all of the young, promising strikers out there, we’re linked to the one with this “baggage”.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Woah. No. Let's not get all Chinese whispers about this. 

To be extremely clear, three years ago Wahi was accused of punching a woman in the face in a night club. As far as I can tell, no legal action seemed to come of it. 

This lead an investigative journalist in France to go and do a bit of digging on him to write an article about violence perpetrated by footballers because there had been allegations when he left Caen that he'd been kicked out for attacking a coach. 

To be clear, he left Caen when he was 15.

What the journalist allegedly discovered is that there were actually allegations that when Wahi was 14 or 15 years old he had physically threatened other school kids to masturbate in front of him in the toilets. 

Again, there were never any charges brought either at the time or when the article was published, let alone any conviction or civil settlement and he himself was also a child at the time of the most serious accusations. 

Now I'm not suggesting that makes him a nice and wholesome person and I'm not defending anything he may or may not have done. But equally, let's just be clear about what he was accused of at very least. 

Wether any of it is true or not. Do we really want a player with that baggage playing for us.

Also if it is all made up why did he not take legal action against the journalist.

That to me smacks of some truths to it or something else altogether may come out of it.

So the thread that is on fire at the moment puts this all in to perspective.

Who would you rather have, Elye Wahi or Jordan Ayew?

I don’t even think that question needs answering, it’s answered itself.

Just a reality check for everyone jumping on the bandwagon of negativity towards Wahi.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Could we 'pull this one off' (:ph34r:) now that West Ham look like they're close to getting Niclas Fullkrug?

obvs not. we aren’t signing nelson because he’s ‘too expensive’ which is very worrying that jon rudkin can’t even find £15 million in our accounts

Just now, comeonyoufoxes said:

obvs not. we aren’t signing nelson because he’s ‘too expensive’ which is very worrying that jon rudkin can’t even find £15 million in our accounts

That's wages, not transfer fees!

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Wether any of it is true or not. Do we really want a player with that baggage playing for us.

Also if it is all made up why did he not take legal action against the journalist.

That to me smacks of some truths to it or something else altogether may come out of it.

Think you're adding 2 and 2 together and not even getting close to 4.

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Monopoly isn’t a modern football game tho bud !!😉😂

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

It’s far too warm for for that load of shenanigans tho Hank 😉😉😜

Perhaps you should be posting in the 'Your Last Pint' thread?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Are Marseille just after all the forwards? They've already signed Greenwood and they're still in for Nketiah aren't they?

The banter if they sign Greenwood and Wahi in the same window lol

• Haha 1