Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Cooper & Miquel To Host Fan Q&A

Obviously the club pre-screen the questions allowing only the most utterly innocuous ones to be actually put to the managers, but do they allow the fans themselves to ask or or does the media manager do it? 

Potential for madlad stuff if it's the former. 

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Totally agree.

And their own website!

I mean, I'm sure some people have an interest in the woman's team, but the vast majority don't.

Thats why they do it, hardly anyone would turn up if the women’s team have their own events like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Totally agree.

And their own website!

I mean, I'm sure some people have an interest in the woman's team, but the vast majority don't.

their own website? lol

its a Leicester City website, not a men’s football website.. they are part of the club just like the development squad are.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Obviously the club pre-screen the questions allowing only the most utterly innocuous ones to be actually put to the managers, but do they allow the fans themselves to ask or or does the media manager do it? 

Potential for madlad stuff if it's the former. 

Dan Bates reads out the question and the name of the fan who asked the question. 

I don't think the questions are prescreened. It looked like Dan got a huge print out of all the submissions and he flicked through on the fly to ask whatever he thought was suitable. 

Edited by brucey

1 hour ago, brucey said:

There is very little overlap between those who attend men's games and those who attend women's games. Most fans attend one or the other. 

In the last event with Enzo and Kirk, they alternated asking each a question. So for a total of 1 of the 2 hours Enzo was sat there awkwardly while Kirk talked about the women's team. The combination felt forced. 

Would be a better use of everyone's time to have the men's section immediately followed by the women's, just like in the upcoming open training session, so anyone who wanted to stay/join for the women's bit could do so. 

Not sure that correct from my experience. 

But you make fair points, personally I don't think it a big deal. 

Edited by coolhandfox

I got a ticket in the ballot along with two pals. And we can all take +1.

cant get tickets in ballot to Fulham or palace away but 400 seats here and I’m in hmmmmm. Makes me think nobody applied

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Question for Steve.

Is it true you get the clubs canteen to serve spaghetti coops with every meal?

If you thought getting spaghetti hoops splattered up your washing was bad enough, imagine finding tiny orange, Steve cooper faces made of semolina and durum wheat on ye Mrs’s pearly whites! Teks it to a whole new level 🤣

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2024 at 10:20, volpeazzurro said:

Possibly because when you have the rare opportunity to have the mens team manager available to answer questions, you want to be able to ask him the most questions possible.

The vast majority of people, whilst wishing them well, have no interest in the ladies team and to them it's a waste of time. Separate events would enable both to answer the most questions from a more focused target audience. 

I assume they'll just pro-rata the minutes allocated to each manager relative to the respective combined attendance figures of their last 10 league games...

5 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I got a ticket in the ballot along with two pals. And we can all take +1.

cant get tickets in ballot to Fulham or palace away but 400 seats here and I’m in hmmmmm. Makes me think nobody applied

As they've added another post-ballot step of 'buying' tickets in the hall, we can actually count what the take up is. 

9 rows of 50 seats on the diagram, last row grayed out as event capacity is stated to be 400 not 450. Current take up looks to be under 100.. 

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I assume they'll just pro-rata the minutes allocated to each manager relative to the respective combined attendance figures of their last 10 league games...

That's my point really though. If the session was for one hour let's say, you'd get 30 minutes with Cooper and 30 minutes with the Ladies manager. Most supporters would far sooner have 60 minutes with Cooper.

Hence better to have two events or separate rooms so the content is more appropriate to it's target audience. It's not a case of disrespecting the Ladies manager but, the truth is that most supporters would have no interest whatsoever to go to the event and listen to Miquel. 

• Like 1

Just now, HybridFox said:

They both spoke really well. I'm pretty positive tbf. Rate the fact Cooper stayed behind and met all the fans as well

Yeah agreed. Obviously it’s all media friendly etc but Cooper first and foremost comes across as a nice guy and I can imagine the players would like him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

They both spoke really well. I'm pretty positive tbf. Rate the fact Cooper stayed behind and met all the fans as well

I was after the Puel one, bodgers  one…then reality hit. 

Edited by fox_favourite