Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
guest123

Matias Soule agent comments

Whether we like it or not we are a club in transition, needing to build back and re establish ourselves in the prem (which may take a number of years, another relegation and promotion).

Whether we ever stood a realistic chance of landing the lad Soule I am not so sure, especially given who we were up against, even on the basis of him using us as a stepping stone.

He is without doubt though the calibre of player we are crying out for.

The transfer window remains open and we could still do business, but I struggle to understand the speculation linking us to Ayew.  Surely there are better options we can attract,  perhaps with less top flight experience, but with equal or greater attributes and resale value?

I hope we can still make some important signings, that show progress and generate some enthusiasm that we can at least be competitive and fight to stay up.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

For me the surprising thing is not that a thoughtful and ambitious young player rejected a move here, but rather that any player with even a modicum of talent would want to jump onto a clearly sinking ship!

A club in our position both in terms of financial leadership and team leadership needs to sell itself to any player worth having, we achieved this in the past, but now sadly we look like what we are, a badly run basket case heading down.

Like most people I've been a staunch supporter of our owner, but his crazy refusal to replace Rudkin and the rest of the useless dead weights really makes me think now that the only way we will ever get back to being the club we were ten years ago is for new owners to come in.

This prospect also fills me with trepidation.

23 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

I hope we can still make some important signings, that show progress and generate some enthusiasm that we can at least be competitive and fight to stay up.

I really hope that too but I have to say those hopes are diminishing by the hour.

On 01/08/2024 at 16:26, Lambert09 said:

I just hope that we didn’t waste much time with that because a quick phone call and it probably would have been known that he wasn’t keen if the agent is this candid 

It seemed obvious for ages that he didn't want to come, Juve wanted to sell him to us.

If the player's reluctant, move on. The reports make it sound like we were begging the guy.

Hang on we had a project. With Enzo that was a good idea it "worked" won the league etc, it's not boards fault that Enzo left, or that the project died. What are they supposed to do make up a new project in a month?  Can't imagine that'd be very good. Then throw in the variable of an unknown points deduction, how do you plan around that?

Now we've had to scrabble about to make a team capable of staying up, we haven't got the luxury of forming a project that's more elaborate than survival have we?

I don't know what people want, a statement of "we're aiming for Europe"  and a 100mil war chest? Doubt we've got a good credit rating with the points deduction, who'd lend us 100mil? Would we even be allowed to borrow it? I really doubt it.

I love dishing it out on Rudkin but how does this agent or his player know about our “plan” if he wasn’t interested in talking ? How does he know what Cooper/his staff etc. want to do. 

Yeah, Rudkin needs to go but I’d take these comments with a pinch of salt. The club were ready to drop £30 plus million on him - that’s not a bad statement. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I love dishing it out on Rudkin but how does this agent or his player know about our “plan” if he wasn’t interested in talking ? How does he know what Cooper/his staff etc. want to do. 

Yeah, Rudkin needs to go but I’d take these comments with a pinch of salt. The club were ready to drop £30 plus million on him - that’s not a bad statement. 

Exactly.  It's all a bit "I didn't listen to you and I didn't like what you had to offer". Total contradiction.

28 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Hang on we had a project. With Enzo that was a good idea it "worked" won the league etc, it's not boards fault that Enzo left, or that the project died. What are they supposed to do make up a new project in a month?  Can't imagine that'd be very good. Then throw in the variable of an unknown points deduction, how do you plan around that?

Now we've had to scrabble about to make a team capable of staying up, we haven't got the luxury of forming a project that's more elaborate than survival have we?

I don't know what people want, a statement of "we're aiming for Europe"  and a 100mil war chest? Doubt we've got a good credit rating with the points deduction, who'd lend us 100mil? Would we even be allowed to borrow it? I really doubt it.

Clearly Rudkins fault.  As is Isreal, the war in Ukraine, Brexit etc

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2024 at 04:07, Heskey2011 said:

Sporting directors are in charge of projects not managers. That’s exactly the point…

Even middling clubs like Brighton and Crystal Palace have had success with it.

On 05/08/2024 at 15:05, Phenom said:

Sporting directors are in charge of projects not managers. That’s exactly the point…

I didn't say managers were in charge of projects, I'm saying we are having to think on our feet, and make a new project that starts with survival, if we get relegated we'll probably need another, different project. 

The project has to fit the situation.  Our situation changed massively losing Enzo and I guess because there wasn't a Enzo type manager available to step in.

On 05/08/2024 at 15:05, Phenom said:

I didn't say managers were in charge of projects, I'm saying we are having to think on our feet, and make a new project that starts with survival, if we get relegated we'll probably need another, different project. 

The project has to fit the situation.  Our situation changed massively losing Enzo and I guess because there wasn't a Enzo type manager available to step in.

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-wanted-me-so-much-player-says-he-was-almost-convinced-to-join-foxes-this-summer/

“Leicester wanted me so much” – Player says he was almost convinced to join Foxes this summer
By Kaustubh Pandey - 9th August 2024

AS Roma have had a busy summer transfer window so far and the signing of Matias Soule from Juventus is seen as a real positive for the club.

It took some effort for them to seal the move, as it did seem initially that Leicester City were leading the race for the Argentine. But the Foxes were beaten in the chase, securing the will of the player.

With Soule now settling in at Roma, he recently spoke to Corriere dello Sport in an insightful interview. He was asked about his decision to join the Roman giants and about interest from Leicester.

He revealed that initially, it was his dream to play in the Premier League but he later felt the affections of Roma and manager Daniele de Rossi, which swayed him into the move to the Giallorossi.

“Initially it was mine [Premier League dream] too. Leicester wanted me so much, both the coach and the sporting director called me to convince me of their project. 
“But then I felt the affection of De Rossi, of Roma, of the teammates who contacted me and I decided from that moment to say no to all the other clubs and to think only of Roma for all these reasons plus one.”

He also revealed that the charm of the Roma fans proved too good to turn down, having previously been left stunned by the passionate fanbase during a game that he witnessed from the stands.

“They are a spectacle, and I’m not just saying that. Last season Paulo [Dybala] and Leo [Paredes] invited me to the Olimpico to watch the Europa League match against Feyenoord. I went in, I heard 70 thousand people singing from the anthem until the end of the match.

“Once I came out I told my brother that I had never seen such passionate fans. An incredible emotion, thrilling. Honestly, I had already thought of Roma, when I still didn’t even know if I would continue at Juventus.”

The youngster went on to state that he hadn’t thought of leaving Juve until they wanted to sell him to a Saudi Arabian club, which was rejected by the player.

And over time, Soule made peace with the fact that his future doesn’t lie in Turin.