Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
guest123

Matias Soule agent comments

I never defend Rudkin, but could there be an element of lost in translation in the comments?

I want a change in the board as much as anyone but our recent history in terms of success should definitely be given more credit than we’re currently getting from circles in the industry.

Some of the comments about no one wanting to join us though is madness, we just need to do what got us to the dance in the first place and look for unproven, hungry young players who want a crack at PL football.

If we have to add the horrible clauses like minimum release fee to get them through the door, so be it.

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Glad most posters aren't rushing to defend the club, those comments are symptomatic of how things are currently being run. His agent is largely speaking facts, and how can he be a mercenary when he actually moved to the club he wanted to go to rather than take the money? 

if we all think it then of course external parties will see the same. Future looks bleak and bookies have priced as as a certainty to drop… obviously history shows that’s not always the case but I think we are all aware our standing in the game is low right now and it’s on the management and directors to convince players otherwise 

27 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I never defend Rudkin, but could there be an element of lost in translation in the comments?

I want a change in the board as much as anyone but our recent history in terms of success should definitely be given more credit than we’re currently getting from circles in the industry.

Some of the comments about no one wanting to join us though is madness, we just need to do what got us to the dance in the first place and look for unproven, hungry young players who want a crack at PL football.

If we have to add the horrible clauses like minimum release fee to get them through the door, so be it.

I think the player already did his time at a relegation threatened club. It’s fair for him to want to step up and consequently was aiming for a club pushing for europe… and simply he is good enough for that. 

We are not that team anymore and I don’t see that as insulting just realistic from him. I just hope that we didn’t waste much time with that because a quick phone call and it probably would have been known that he wasn’t keen if the agent is this candid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t be bothered anymore so why should a player be? lol 

I have no motivation with us anymore and I’ve been there when we was relegated to league one and I was there in league one.

But the lack of ambition by the club has really put me off. 

I can see us being the whipping boys this year. 

• Like 2

The fact he says "He didn't even want to listen to the Leicester City proposal" shows we've only done one thing wrong in that instance, and that's to show interest.  You can't argue that we've messed up in our proposal or in our "project". He'd already decided before he even knew anything about it.

2 hours ago, RYM said:

Totally. If they came out and said actually for 5-7 years we are going be a Norwich and bounce up and down at best but we are developing youth, we aim to have 5-6 youth products in the first team by X the fans would mostly be patient. The issue is there is no plan, their deluded ideas about being a top 6 club screwed us up and we are now where we are. Likely to go down with a worse squad than before and from there, goodness knows!

If you have a plan, a strategy and an identity you become attractive to players, managers, staff, fans and sponsors. 

It's a rudderless ship with Rudders himself at the helm.

Has any club come out with a statement like that?

It does seem we are shocking with communication but I don't think I've seen a club come out with anything like that 

3 hours ago, RYM said:

Quite a damning statement that, tells a story of the lack of planning, ambition and direction we have through Rudkin.

Tells the story of an unprofessional and unscrupulous agent who is prepared to shit on people he has just been working with in public to try and make him self look good without realising he's making himself look quite bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RYM said:

Totally. If they came out and said actually for 5-7 years we are going be a Norwich and bounce up and down at best but we are developing youth, we aim to have 5-6 youth products in the first team by X the fans would mostly be patient. The issue is there is no plan, their deluded ideas about being a top 6 club screwed us up and we are now where we are. Likely to go down with a worse squad than before and from there, goodness knows!

If you have a plan, a strategy and an identity you become attractive to players, managers, staff, fans and sponsors. 

It's a rudderless ship with Rudders himself at the helm.

A lot of our fans would absolutely not be patient with the club if they said this

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Has any club come out with a statement like that?

It does seem we are shocking with communication but I don't think I've seen a club come out with anything like that 

More the point of we don't have any sort of plan, so if we had one and that was relayed the fans, players, sponsors etc know what we are aiming for.  Best examples I can think of are Brentford and FC Nordsjælland. It's all scalable.

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Tells the story of an unprofessional and unscrupulous agent who is prepared to shit on people he has just been working with in public to try and make him self look good without realising he's making himself look quite bad.

Not sure I agree Jon 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Remember Charles Aranguis saying similar things about us  in 2015 when he decided on Bayer Leverkusen..we did ok without him

league title nailed on then!

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A lot of our fans would absolutely not be patient with the club if they said this

For sure, I agree but you'd know where we were heading and why. I was at Brentford when they were edging towards the Premier League and there was a lot a shite to watch in the process but the fans there trusted the owners vision and science behind it all, and rightly so. They knew why certain players were sold, on the bench, loaned out or in etc. That's kind of a unique model and they haven't had our successes so the patience for the promise land were different but having a plan definitely buys you time and purpose.

• Like 1

its no surprise and i take no offence he didnt want to come but his agent would have been glad of the interest forcing Roma to cough up so thats why he(agent) maybe strung us along a little rather than outright tell us to piss off.