Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

4 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Deals will happen, players will come in. 

The lad from Watford is on his way and I expect a few more soon. 

Let's not get to negative around here, back the team and give Cooper is fair deserved time. 

I'm praying one of them is a decent goal scorer. 

Just now, Guest said:

No emphasis at all on trying to get the team tactically ready for the season then?

Again, I don't think people are pessimistic about the upcoming season primarily because we've lost a couple of friendlies - I personally don't give a shit at all about losing narrowly to Palermo and Augsburg. The squad is starved of creativity and our plan to remedy that seems to involve nullifying two of our three biggest creative threats from last season, having sold the other one. Our strikers are a 37-year-old who may or may not be fit for the start of the season, someone with 26 minutes of top flight experience and Daka. In midfield we are relying on Ndidi getting back to a level he's not been at for about three years. With the season starting in a fortnight we've made four signings and the net result is that our starting eleven is slightly worse. We have an as yet unspecified points deduction hanging over our heads.

I think they are all valid concerns and have a lot more to do with why people are feeling negative than losing 1-0 to a mid-table Bundesliga team.

It’s like beating your head against a brick wall trying to make this point mate. There’s just a lot of people who simply think it doesn’t matter because the result doesn’t affect the season, so nothing to fret about.

• Like 3

Hope it works for Cooper but he's adored by Forest fans while Dean Smith is still loved by Villa fans while Leicester's loved my will always be Pearson.

Just can't see Cooper achieving anything here here.....we really needed someone fresh up and coming here . I would have rather gone for the West Brom manager but we didn't have the money to pay the baggies off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

No emphasis at all on trying to get the team tactically ready for the season then?

Again, I don't think people are pessimistic about the upcoming season primarily because we've lost a couple of friendlies - I personally don't give a shit at all about losing narrowly to Palermo and Augsburg. The squad is starved of creativity and our plan to remedy that seems to involve nullifying two of our three biggest creative threats from last season, having sold the other one. Our strikers are a 37-year-old who may or may not be fit for the start of the season, someone with 26 minutes of top flight experience and Daka. In midfield we are relying on Ndidi getting back to a level he's not been at for about three years. With the season starting in a fortnight we've made four signings and the net result is that our starting eleven is slightly worse. We have an as yet unspecified points deduction hanging over our heads.

I think they are all valid concerns and have a lot more to do with why people are feeling negative than losing 1-0 to a mid-table Bundesliga team.

Still lots of time to change that.

You have no idea of the training load they are putting on the players, they could be pushing them really hard, which is leading them to be leggy.

The manager has already mentioned we are still training hard match day -1 rather than the normal routine.

It was always going to be a very hard season.

• Thanks 1

Nothing looked good today, or against Palermo.

1) Slow build-up. Saw a bit of Leeds against Valencia at half-time. Leeds so much quicker than us.

2) We couldn't defend corners very well. Please not again.

3) No creativity in midfield, even with Winks playing.

4) Never looked like scoring. Just not creating chances.

5) I haven't been convinced with what I've seen from Okoli so far.

6) Cooper already appears to be selecting players ahead of others, when everyone on here would do the opposite, e.g. Soumare/Choudhury rather than Alves.

All the ingredients for relegation. It's early days obviously, and trying not to be another doom and gloom merchant, but the signs really aren't encouraging 😬

1 minute ago, Thefoxman said:

Daka is a waste of space! I'm 40 and not great at football but 100% offer more than that clown.

Need a Striker ASAP to give us a fighting chance.

He does work hard trying to win the ball back but his main job as a no.9 is to score goals but he doesn't. 

• Like 1

As others have said, the results dont matter, but the performance and Cooper's muddled thinking does. He's nullified one of our main attacking outlets by moving Mavidi into a crowded CM where he's half the player he is on the wing. To compound that he'd rather play Ndidi as a CAM, then either Alves or Golding. If these guys dont get game time in meaningless friendlies, when are they. I was quite positive when Cooper took over, but that's eroding work by week.

• Like 1

Striker and number 10 and we’ll have a fighting chance. Club have to get a move on though. They’ve had all summer to sort this. I feel a little for the manager because it’s so blatant how short we are in  attacking areas. 

• Like 2

Just now, sm1 said:

As others have said, the results dont matter, but the performance and Cooper's muddled thinking does. He's nullified one of our main attacking outlets by moving Mavidi into a crowded CM where he's half the player he is on the wing. To compound that he'd rather play Ndidi as a CAM, then either Alves or Golding. If these guys dont get game time in meaningless friendlies, when are they. I was quite positive when Cooper took over, but that's eroding work by week.

Who else can he play in number 10 though? Mavididi is probably our best player and most creative player so you can understand the thinking. 

Aside from off the field stuff (Of which disgusts and angers me), it feels weird to be the more positive person on here for once, maybe it's because i've not seen any pre-season whatsoever (And I feel alot better for it, let me tell you!) but I took a conscious effort not to, because as a fan, for fans, pre-season is a load of bollocks.

I think our team does need alot of work, a few more signings, I do think we'll struggle, but it's expected. 

People need to reassess their opinions of us, much like the damage of Peter Taylor lasted years and years(!), the damage was done the longer Rodgers (And others, who are still here) was here and people (on and off the field) allowed that. 

People say they see little plan, well as I say i've not seen any pre season, but I assume (And hope) theres been less playing out nonsense, would people rather see that - because I see little plan with that. Unless i'm up for a rude awakening and theres even more* playing out nonsense. *Not possible.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3