Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

Just now, Richmondfox said:

We must have the least effective full backs in the league with him and JJ. One ignores players in good positions and passes back, the other gets in good positions and passes back.  

Makes me miss Fuchs and his dangerous crosses

• Like 1

Utter garbage these. Regardless of how poor we might be, we'll struggle to score here, as literally everytime we look like threatening they just cynically foul us. Hideous to watch, especially as the ref won't do shit as it's a friendly 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Really, wow. Maybe the train would’ve been cheaper. 

Pre season though isn’t it, just a kickabout and fitness test, still over two weeks away from start of the season. I went to leuven a few summers back and it was great fun, had a skinful of Stella. Couldn’t believe some lads behind me were annoyed about the performance! 

the flights were horrendously priced, and then my wife started to talk about going with me as well, just because she'd never been germany. shrewsbury and palermo were bad enough without spunking a grand to get there

hopefully by fulham away i'm a bit happier with the style of play but currently worried about a very long season

7 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Considering this is the standard of opposition he faced in the Austrian league, Daka still looks like a competition winner

Augsburg are miles ahead of any Austrian side. Shrewsbury were closer to that level. He didn’t look great against them either, mind:ph34r:

Average going forward yet again…. looks like Winks isn’t going to be as vital a cog this season either as he was last everything seems to be going over his head 🤦🏼‍♂️…. Going to be a long hard season but we all knew that 

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Makes me miss Fuchs and his dangerous crosses

Yep. No messing around just whip it into a dangerous area and something might happen. That would be better for Daka, just get in the way and try to poach something. 

Don't think it's been that bad, not as much as some are making out 

Very very much like last season, lots of the ball but not much cutting edge 

Midfield being bypassed slightly too easy though 

Is this pitch about 2 inches long as those excruciatingly slow balls out from the back, especially from Justin are pointless.

Mavididi looks good when he can get on the ball in space. I really hope Cooper realises he's got to set the team up to find Mavididi out wide rather than centrally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

I know it's only pre season and you shouldn't really read anything into it, but Derby's record may be under threat this season lol

Look at the bright side, the points deduction will be irrelevant AND we go into the history books yet again!

• Haha 1

If we’ve got any chance of staying up we need to be extremely lucky with injuries, a few players up front to have the season of their careers, to get good at set pieces and to bring some creativity into the squad. Just can’t see where the goals are coming from.