Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

2 minutes ago, brookfox said:

If we’ve got any chance of staying up we need to be extremely lucky with injuries, a few players up front to have the season of their careers, to get good at set pieces and to bring some creativity into the squad. Just can’t see where the goals are coming from.

If someone can injure every senior player for every opposition team before each game, we can play their youth teams, or get a 3-0 win by default :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm pretty relaxed about the score in a friendly or some of the individual performances. Don't care too much. Shouldn't read too much in to them. 

But I do think it's fair to be alarmed about what clearly is Cooper's idea for the shape given it's largely how we've played in most of these games and it's naff. 

It's not a shock though. It was largely pointed out when we were linked with him but then people started convincing themselves he's actually super flexible and only played that style because of forest's bad players. 

We've looked shocking in pre season before and been fine. Though that could be pretending the same tbf 

Pushing VK up whilst JJ stays back is utterly pointless. I've never seen Viktor offer any attacking threat. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a FB, not a WB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Don't think it's been that bad, not as much as some are making out 

Very very much like last season, lots of the ball but not much cutting edge 

Midfield being bypassed slightly too easy though 

How about too slow 

Poor on and off the ball

Link up play in the final third woeful

Creativity in and around the box uninspiring 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Just got home and found a stream but really cba to read 10 pages of dross :D How did the 1st half go? 

Reading 10 pages of dross would have you feeling better than having watched the first half.

It's all a bit uninspiring.

• Sad 1

The only thing I can hang my hat on is the fact we probably won’t dominate possession in many Premier League games.

Still, we pretty much have nobody who can make a killer pass to break open a defence, if he doesn’t give Alves at least 30 minutes in this game, then :@

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really disappointed with Steve Cooper so far....was expecting some kind of positives from the players getting excited to play for him

Really, we have gone from Enzo + backroom staff to this.. last season we had an identity I just can't see the same this season.

Losing Enzo is a massive dent and then replacing him with a polar opposite

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Just got home and found a stream but really cba to read 10 pages of dross :D How did the 1st half go? 

Much of the same as we played and lost to inferior teams last season....

Lots of the ball, little ideas on how to score.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is how we’ll lose games to the bottom half teams can’t score can’t defend set pieces 

• Like 3

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really disappointed with Steve Cooper so far....was expecting some kind of positives ithe the players getting excited to play for him

i was at least hoping for a bit of a dunkirk, backs to the wall spirit, ala martin o'neil, and them looking like they want to run through brick walls for him (yes i know it's a friendly), but they just look a little confused and lost currently

• Like 2