Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

Just now, Mark said:

We’re not even having any shots on goal, there’s nothing happening. Club have messed up in many ways but this appointment doesn’t inspire the fans or the players, it’s only a matter of time till he’s gone at this rate

I agree. 

He isn’t inspiring as a coach and he’s an ex Forest coach. 

Also absolutely no reason for us to be playing Soumare, he with Ward were main factors in our relegation so after we gained promotion without him why’s he back? GET HIM GONE (preferably with Cooper)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Where the Enzo haters now btw? Cooperball worse and doesn't even offer any chances to get you excited🤣

I didn’t hate Enzo. I quite liked him as a chap, but simply wished he had a plan B to help us stop getting caught out so much towards the end of the season.

Cooper was a manager I never wanted for us. With Enzo leaving and an undetermined points deduction looming, we need a bit of magic. Not a guy with around 55 PL matches under his belt. If Forest had received a similar points deduction to us in 22/23, they’d have been relegated.

The sad truth is that Leicester isn’t a great prospect for good managers at the moment, and Cooper was probably the best option 😢

The optimistic take is we have time to bring in a couple of important players, all our international players are now back and building fitness but I can’t help but feel we have a hell of a lot of work to do (new players, organisation, patterns of play) before  we are anywhere near competitive.

The season we stayed up under O'Neil for first time in the PL we lost too Kettering, PAOK and Dundee Utd.

However we did manage to beat the mighty Shepshed Dymano, Penzance and Torpoint Athletic.

We were always going have a tough season, but friendlies mean nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I didn’t hate Enzo. I quite liked him as a chap, but simply wished he had a plan B to help us stop getting caught out so much towards the end of the season.

Cooper was a manager I never wanted for us. With Enzo leaving and an undetermined points deduction looming, we need a bit of magic. Not a guy with around 55 PL matches under his belt. If Forest had received a similar points deduction to us in 22/23, they’d have been relegated.

The sad truth is that Leicester isn’t a great prospect for good managers at the moment, and Cooper was probably the best option 😢

I wanted that bloke Brighton got, at least the supporters at his previous club adored him

fabian-huerzeler-head-coach-fc-900844269.jpg

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

The worrying thing is the lack of real rumours. Striker? Zip.

Attacking midfielder? Time wasted on uninterested Soule.

Rudkin tax bringing us down time after time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Not sure how you single him out, he was the only defender that did any defending, could have been worse score without him. Can't think of anyone played better than him.

I singled him out as he’s the bottleneck from defence to attack. Often he doesn’t even look forward, slows everything down and passes back. Fatawu was waiting for an overlap several times and he just stood there watching. 

This isn’t a new observation, he has been like this for at least 3 seasons. 

• Like 1

I'll never try and quash someone's optimism going into a new season as ultimately what good is football without a bit of it. But **** me Leicester will try their best to. Shit performances, squad is in a state.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

The season we stayed up under O'Neil for first time in the PL we lost too Kettering, PAOK and Dundee Utd.

However we did manage to beat the mighty Shepshed Dymano, Penzance and Torpoint Athletic.

Were we at least creating chances in those games that we lost though?

We have lost the last 2 and created barely anything which is the issue, not the actual result

Friendlies don't mean entirely nothing, at least with Enzo we saw patterns to our play and how we were going to create chances, so far we haven't really seen anything substantial

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Brought in a few key players last minute that season if I remember right.

Well that was totally uninspiring.

Also If you are not able to bring in quality players who are going to enhance the teams performances don’t fcuking bother , we have enough dead rubbers in the squad already.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Were we at least creating chances in those games that we lost though?

We have lost the last 2 and created barely anything which is the issue, not the actual result

Friendlies don't mean entirely nothing, at least with Enzo we saw patterns to our play and how we were going to create chances, so far we haven't really seen anything substantial

Did you go? 

I went Kettering, but not there others!