Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

1 hour ago, Mark said:

We’re not even having any shots on goal, there’s nothing happening. Club have messed up in many ways but this appointment doesn’t inspire the fans or the players, it’s only a matter of time till he’s gone at this rate

If we get a large points reduction to start with, there’s a possibility we could be relegated by Christmas

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Aside from off the field stuff (Of which disgusts mean), it feels weird to be the more positive person on here for once, maybe it's because i've not seen any pre-season whatsoever (And I feel alot better for it, let me tell you!) but I took a conscious effort not to, because as a fan, for fans, pre-season is a load of bollocks.

I think our team does need alot of work, a few more signings, I do think we'll struggle, but it's expected. 

People say they see little plan, well as I say i've not seen any pre season, but I assume (And hope) theres been less playing out nonsense, would people rather see that - because I see little plan with that. Unless i'm up for a rude awakening and theres even more* playing out nonsense. *Not possible.

People need to reassess their opinions of us, much like the damage of Peter Taylor lasted years and years(!), the damage was done the longer Rodgers (And others, who are still here) was here and people (on and off the field) allowed that. 

Mine and your opinions continue to be aligned. I decided to watch today, first bit I've watched this preseason. It wasn't great but it wasn't any different to what I was expecting from a preseason game. To be honest I'd thought nothing of it until I signed in to here and see the continued meltdown. 

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, adam said:

That LTID fella is a complete pillock. Is he on here?

he seems a nice enough fella but his alan partridge is a touch annoying and his likes a sexual innuendo which is a little weird as well but think his hearts in the right place.

39 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

Daka is a waste of space! I'm 40 and not great at football but 100% offer more than that clown.

Need a Striker ASAP to give us a fighting chance.

Enter, 74 year old Jordan Ayew…

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

If we get a large points reduction to start with, there’s a possibility we could be relegated by Christmas

If the Premier League do this, they’re basically destroying their own competition by making anti competitive. I just can’t see them going as heavy as many people think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Fitness is the only objective, we can look like Brazil or Coalville it doesn't matter.

Disagree on that. If fitness is the only objective you can run fitness drills that are better than playing matches.  This should be the time Cooper is assessing his tactics and getting players used to their role in the side, where opponents add dynamism.  You don't need the dynamic of opposition to get fit.  Minutes in legs is obviously a reason, but if it were the only reason there'd be no point in playing an actual game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Disagree on that. If fitness is the only objective you can run fitness drills that are better than playing matches.  This should be the time Cooper is assessing his tactics and getting players used to their role in the side, where opponents add dynamism.  You don't need the dynamic of opposition to get fit.  Minutes in legs is obviously a reason, but if it were the only reason there'd be no point in playing an actual game.

How does a new manager assess 25 players in four games whilst conditioning  them and getting minutes into the legs at the same time? Absolutely stupid pre-season in my opinion. Cooper has been working with one hand tied behind his back since he came in. 

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Really doesn't work that way.

Listen to any pro they will tell you the only way to be match fit is to play.

Of course he's implementing he's tactics, but the actual result and performances are irrelevant.

I've seen teams look brilliant in pre season  and have a dreadful season and visa versa.

The season we got relegated from the PL we won the last 4 pre-season games and beat Sevilla in the last one how did that work out.

This season was always going to be difficult.

Edited by coolhandfox

12 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Who else can he play in number 10 though? Mavididi is probably our best player and most creative player so you can understand the thinking. 

He can try one of the young lads, Alves or Golding. If they aren't given an opportunity now, when are they? Playing Mavididi in CM is not an issue, if we have someone else who can do what he can on the wing, but we don't. So we lose both ways, no creativity on the wing or in CM. Today on paper he played as a LW, but in reality VK was pushed up to a LW and Mavididi played inside him, this nullified his strength of running at players. I just expected Cooper to have already picked up on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxsake said:

Great to see Cannon get a full 90 along with Alves.

Top stuff from Daka too, I take it all back: a hattrick and a couple of assists! I had you all wrong mate.

You could roast a chicken with Soumare's heatmap, that bloke doesn't stop running! 

Can't wait for this season to start! 

You had me going there, you rotter.

Only just remembered this friendly was on so just 'tuned' to FT to see what had happened.

Yours was the first post I happened upon.

:mad:

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He can try one of the young lads, Alves or Golding. If they aren't given an opportunity now, when are they? Playing Mavididi in CM is not an issue, if we have someone else who can do what he can on the wing, but we don't. So we lose both ways, no creativity on the wing or in CM. Today on paper he played as a LW, but in reality VK was pushed up to a LW and Mavididi played inside him, this nullified his strength of running at players. I just expected Cooper to have already picked up on that.

I don’t think alves or Golding are going to be playing in the premier league yet … maybe later in the season. He’s just been left high and dry by the club. I agree Mav is better on the wing but if the young lads aren’t ready for the premier league for whatever reason, what can he do really? He’s already said he’s having to play players out of position which he wouldn’t ideally do. It’s a shame but as usual the club aren’t helping anything 

14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I know the results don't matter, but surely the way we are playing does.

We've not signed a single player who's improved the starting 11.

This season is going to be horrific.

Yup when we sign over 30 year olds from Fulham on a free you know we're f**ked.......while Fulham are spending over 30m on a few players 🙄

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate lack of options are a concern and i'm going to get a "who else we gonna play" attitude back but does anyone think some of the players we've played in the friendlies will actually play in the league?

I only ask this question because people do realise for comparison and example;

Coady

Kristiansen

Daka

Praet

Madivadua

Justin

Nelson

Souttar

Soumare

Iheanacho

Maswanshise

Castagne

All featured, in every friendly, last pre-season.

How many minutes did they get in the league? I tell you what, I'll even let you combine their minutes? I don't know the answer, but with confidence, I can say not many. 2 of them left on loan, 1 of them left permanent.  

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I don’t think alves or Golding are going to be playing in the premier league yet … maybe later in the season. He’s just been left high and dry by the club. I agree Mav is better on the wing but if the young lads aren’t ready for the premier league for whatever reason, what can he do really? He’s already said he’s having to play players out of position which he wouldn’t ideally do. It’s a shame but as usual the club aren’t helping anything 

I think like some others have said it feels like it's a direct plea to those above him to sort it out. I don't really believe he's having to play players out of position because we do have players for it. 

He probably doesn't want to put Alves in the 10 and him score a hat trick and have Rudkin say he'll do then. 

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Really doesn't work that way.

Listen to any pro they will tell you the only way to be match fit is to play.

Of course he's implementing he's tactics, but the actual result and performances are irrelevant.

I've seen teams look brilliant in pre season  and have a dreadful season and visa versa.

The season we got relegated from the PL we won the last 4 pre-season games and beat Sevilla in the last one how did that work out.

This season was always going to be difficult.

Match fit and match sharp are two different things. Any pro arguing that you only get fit by playing doesn't understand fitness.  If I have you running up kilimanjaro all day every day for the summer, you'll be fit as a fiddle when you come to play the game.  But your touch might be rusty and you might be running around like a headless chicken not knowing where to be, but you wouldn't tire!

I'm not really bothered about the results of the games we play, but the system is important.  So far the system in all of our friendlies seems to be to at odds with the skillsets of the players being tasked with doing whatever they're doing. 

20 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

That's bollocks though isn't it?

We've literally lost 1 or 2 players from the first 11.  Notably KDH, less notably Doyle, and I say less because he went from 1st choice to a rotation as the season went on.  So if we discount Doyle and have JJ in his place as we did last season anyway, he's literally tasked with replacing KDH.

So why can't we play Golding in the role of KDH?  It's one change.  Everyone else could play the same roles they've played last season. Everyone can continue in what's been a proven system.  Why do any of them need to be played out of position?  Golding would likely be a downgrade, but he is still a CM.  So he's not out of position either.  The players are out of position because they're playing the system Cooper wants to play.  Which is fine.  We're not married to play the Enzo way.  But if you change the system and that means playing players out of position, that's on you.  He's not having to.  It's a decision. His decision.  He should own that.

25 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Yup when we sign over 30 year olds from Fulham on a free you know we're f**ked.......while Fulham are spending over 30m on a few players 🙄

Looks like we are doing a Norwich or West brom etc.Budgeting to get relegated.Take the Premier league money No significant signing,no big wages.make a profit ,wipe the slate clean.Good business? 

Not very exciting for fans but could provide the reset required for the club going forward.and if by some fluke we manage to stay up....then even better

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Steve’s taking the ****ing piss here. No Sammy B again but rolls out Hamza and Soumaré and plays Wilf for a full 90 and moves him to the number 10 position with Alves and Golding sat there.

Get to **** Steve. **** off back to NG postcodes ****. 

It's absolutely criminal. For every criticism of the state of the squad, if I knew this was the idea for Ndidi (destroyer or nothing!!!!) and we'd do it at the expense of giving players like Alves a go in games like this then I'm out. What the **** is the point? I'd completely forgotten Alves was out of contract in a year. You're right. Very much a risk he goes for nothing on this evidence. If he can't get a proper go in a game like this what hope has he got for the real thing? Your only chance of keeping him beyond this year is a loan out where he can forget about us for a bit.

I'm seriously unimpressed with just about every facet of this club. More red flags than at a Morocco game.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You had me going there, you rotter.

Only just remembered this friendly was on so just 'tuned' to FT to see what had happened.

Yours was the first post I happened upon.

:mad:

Sorry mate 😅 I'm so bummed about it all.. just a little gallows humour to fight the tears

• Haha 1