Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

55 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think like some others have said it feels like it's a direct plea to those above him to sort it out. I don't really believe he's having to play players out of position because we do have players for it. 

He probably doesn't want to put Alves in the 10 and him score a hat trick and have Rudkin say he'll do then. 

Alves playing in the 10 and scoring a hattrick is what everyone would want! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JimJams said:

That's bollocks though isn't it?

We've literally lost 1 or 2 players from the first 11.  Notably KDH, less notably Doyle, and I say less because he went from 1st choice to a rotation as the season went on.  So if we discount Doyle and have JJ in his place as we did last season anyway, he's literally tasked with replacing KDH.

So why can't we play Golding in the role of KDH?  It's one change.  Everyone else could play the same roles they've played last season. Everyone can continue in what's been a proven system.  Why do any of them need to be played out of position?  Golding would likely be a downgrade, but he is still a CM.  So he's not out of position either.  The players are out of position because they're playing the system Cooper wants to play.  Which is fine.  We're not married to play the Enzo way.  But if you change the system and that means playing players out of position, that's on you.  He's not having to.  It's a decision. His decision.  He should own that.

I don’t think he wants to play Golding from the start and that’s fair enough. He likely wants to bed him in over the season, it’s a lot to ask an 18 year old to start every week in the premier league having had hardly any experience. He needs players 

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I don’t think he wants to play Golding from the start and that’s fair enough. He likely wants to bed him in over the season, it’s a lot to ask an 18 year old to start every week in the premier league having had hardly any experience. He needs players 

This would be fine if the senior players were performing well but Cordova Reid did not look comfortable at all playing centrally. When things aren't working it's better to try players out in pre season rather than looking for an answer midway through. He should at least give Alves or Golding a proper run out at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I get that. But I'm saying that at most he has to play 1 guy out of position or play someone in there like Golding to be almost a placeholder currently.  Playing players out of position is his choice. It's not being forced on him.  Though tbh, he's not even playing them out of position strictly speaking but he is changing their roles within their position.  None of our back line are out of position, but they're playing the roles differently.  VK is still playing as a fullback. He's just playing high up the pitch.  Ricardo and JJ are both playing RB, but they're not inverting.  They're not out of position though technically.

• Like 2

Given our impending big points deduction, I honestly think there is a chance that we'll break Derby's record low points tally this season. Getting promoted and losing your manager and best player is a recipe for disaster, especially as there is no sign of our bringing in an adequate replacement for said best player. Can't remember a time when I felt this negative about a coming season. 

• Like 4

Didn't watch today as I can't be arsed with pre season, but bottom line is we don't have enough quality at all. I'd say we've lost our best player and not replaced him, and have much less quality than when we were relegated, with no Barnes, Maddison or Tielemans. Where are the goals coming from? Apart from Vardy we have no proven goals in the team. I would go as far as to say only Winks, Ricardo, Hermansen and Vardy are definitely prem level, there's questions over EVERY other player. When you look at who we will be up against it's worrying in the extreme. On top of that is a points deduction at some point too, which depending on the timing could be demoralising. I think Spurs will run riot and it's a long season ahead.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

I can’t stand watching JJ play, 9/10 he passes back and when he does go forward he stops still after passing to Fatawu offering no overlap so the ball gets sent back or lost. 

But I heard him on the RL Christmas podcast at the kids hospital and he came across as a really nice lad.

It's genuinely a shame. Somebody on here pointed out about him and I can never unsee it. He has become a genuinely boring player. Like almost drained of confidence but I feel like it's a way he's been coached to play. 2019-2021 he was a flawed, but exciting player. Bloody hell he got an England cap. A Hungarian equivalent wouldn't be called up by them now.

• Like 3

Being this close to the season, it’s definitely cooper showcasing we need more players. 

What I will say is, the phrase @Ric Flair used just after the relegation, malaise is bang on….. there’s a general air of malaise about the club…. It’s like they’ve still not woken up and are still sleep walking into a new season not grasping the full situation. 

It’s like we would rather fight the PRS punishment rather than prep for it…. What has really annoyed me, is it’s clear we aren’t getting the deduction until the season has started, it’s probably not coming until about November time…. So naturally you would hope we’re preparing to get ahead of the game, and start the season swinging and fighting to ensure we’ve got plenty of points on the board before it comes……

But I simply don’t trust us to approach the season like that, I actually think we’re winging it……. Leaving it to chance and hoping Cooper can perform a miracle. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's genuinely a shame. Somebody on here pointed out about him and I can never unsee it. He has become a genuinely boring player. Like almost drained of confidence but I feel like it's a way he's been coached to play. 2019-2021 he was a flawed, but exciting player. Bloody hell he got an England cap. A Hungarian equivalent wouldn't be called up by them now.

After his injuries it seemed to have been coached out of him but also like he stops himself from attempting anything.  I think what’s frustrating is we have all seen how he used to play and what he’s capable of.  He can get forward and whip a good early cross in or get into a shooting position but that was a few seasons ago. Against Norwich when Enzo played him for 20 mins at RW, he looked like a new signing. 

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He has a very good opportunity to try Alves or Golding in these friendlies though. Whilst we have absolutely no attacking midfielders, it's a chance to see what they're like in proper game environment for 60+ minutes alongside our best players. So many young players have broken through based on taking their chance in pre-season.

Not to mention that it also helps the team patterns of play to learn ahead of the new season. Right now, everyone's on their arsed, starved of any creativity and I can't imagine much of it has been a worthwhile exercise yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I think the league is a bit weaker than it was a few seasons ago. If we get behind the team we should pick results up at home, but there lies the problem 

Convincing City fans to get behind their team unless they're playing dazzling football?

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Convincing City fans to get behind their team unless they're playing dazzling football?

Hoping we can recreate the atmosphere at the city ground when cooper was in charge of forest. With the added spice of clappers 

Whilst it was great that this was shown on ESPN+ out here, I would still like to somehow get those 90 minutes of my life back.

I miss when we used to play trialists in preseason games in a pre-internet world and we all had to figure out who the hell they were. Like Darius Adamczuk at Notts County, I think.  And some Italian lad who looked like Jesus at... I want to say Northampton? That was something to distract from the boredom. All we had here was a very pleasant looking hill.

3 hours ago, jimsmallman said:

Whilst it was great that this was shown on ESPN+ out here, I would still like to somehow get those 90 minutes of my life back.

I miss when we used to play trialists in preseason games in a pre-internet world and we all had to figure out who the hell they were. Like Darius Adamczuk at Notts County, I think.  And some Italian lad who looked like Jesus at... I want to say Northampton? That was something to distract from the boredom. All we had here was a very pleasant looking hill.

Was a nice hill.

9 hours ago, Foxy_jim said:

Didn't watch today as I can't be arsed with pre season, but bottom line is we don't have enough quality at all. I'd say we've lost our best player and not replaced him, and have much less quality than when we were relegated, with no Barnes, Maddison or Tielemans. Where are the goals coming from? Apart from Vardy we have no proven goals in the team. I would go as far as to say only Winks, Ricardo, Hermansen and Vardy are definitely prem level, there's questions over EVERY other player. When you look at who we will be up against it's worrying in the extreme. On top of that is a points deduction at some point too, which depending on the timing could be demoralising. I think Spurs will run riot and it's a long season ahead.

Tried to warn on here about selling KDH, he badly needs replacing and we are just so bad in this area right now as a club.

No question we need to replace Daka as well, instead he is being played in friendlies.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Deals will happen, players will come in. 

The lad from Watford is on his way and I expect a few more soon. 

Let's not get to negative around here, back the team and give Cooper his fair deserved time. 

Panic signings at end of window or quality?

14 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

I can’t wait for another season of watching JJ get the ball, stop it and pass back. 

Wow I feel this comment with every fiber of my being. This is going to happen countless times and I'm going to scream into the void every time