Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

18 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

I singled him out as he’s the bottleneck from defence to attack. Often he doesn’t even look forward, slows everything down and passes back. Fatawu was waiting for an overlap several times and he just stood there watching. 

This isn’t a new observation, he has been like this for at least 3 seasons. 

Maybe he doesn't always get the options to be progressive, that's partly down to tactics and the rest of the team though. He is a good defender though not the best going forward, but I thought on the whole he had a very good game defensively, many a block and tackle in the game was him doing that work. That's why I thought it strange to single him out, as the creativity was seriously missing in other areas and it's not really his main job. The lad has come back from a serious injury in recent times too, I think he is the least of our problems.

Edited by squidsworth

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Tried to warn on here about selling KDH, he badly needs replacing and we are just so bad in this area right now as a club.

No question we need to replace Daka as well, instead he is being played in friendlies.

Losing KDH isn't the problem, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up the new Drinkwater, he's taking a huge risk by joining Enzo at Chelsea, Enzo might like him but is he really good enough for the "big 6"?

If Enzo doesn't perform, then Chelsea could be looking for a new man by Christmas and KDH could find himself in the reserves

I do believe we enough in midfield to create enough chances and that's where I agree with the 2nd half of your comment. We have absolutely nothing up top in the 9 position after Vardy, who we can all accept will be a bit part player. 

No question Vardy is a true legend, but he's become our biggest problem in the last 2 or 3 years, maybe even longer. No decent striker was going to want to come here and be 2nd choice, so we're left with Daka who no one wants.

Bobby, Mavadidi and Fatawu should cause problems for opposing defences, even Kristiansan and Ricky P, but without the focal point at No9 we're going to struggle to put away what will undoubtedly be the limited opportunities. 

If we're switching to a 2 man central defence, and those 2 are going to be Faes and Vestergaard, then we're in all sorts of trouble. Kristiansan will always be caught up field, Faes will go diving in like he does, leaving Janick as the last man. 

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Tried to warn on here about selling KDH, he badly needs replacing and we are just so bad in this area right now as a club.

No question we need to replace Daka as well, instead he is being played in friendlies.

All good but we had no choice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’m having horror flashbacks of Brendan’s final season watching the highlights

Literally said to a few lads last night that the performance very much reminded me of the relegation season. 

Fed up of hearing people say pre-season is only for conditioning, yes that’s true for teams that already have an identity, for new managers pre-season is vital for implementing your blue print of how you want your team to play. Look at how many new managers comment on the effect not having a full Pre-season with a team can have. 

The performances haven’t been good enough and although I respect Cooper being honest about us not being premier league standard with those performances I do question whether that’ll be good for the players confidence prior to even playing a league game.

Still bothers me that we didn’t get Carlos Corberan, genuinely felt he was perfect for the next few seasons. 

• Like 2

People shouldn't read too much into preseason games. They're for conditioning of players, getting them up to match fitness working on formations, Educating players on what's expected from them in their position with and without the Ball. To also try players out in different positions to see how they perform there.  But also for players to develop an understanding of what the requirements in other positions are and develop a broader understanding of the game as a whole.

I do believe Cooper is a good Coach but a few things worry me.

1.  He want's even more players, when he should be saying I want a first team squad of 16 to 18. The rest are squad fillers. Here's a list of those who are surplus to requirements.

Then use any income from there Sales to improve the quality of the squad further in the next Window.

2. Anytime I see him he standing with his hands in his pockets, Not a good look. I cant rever emember seeing O'Neill, Ranieri or Pearson do it. 

You can be close to players but they have to know who the Boss is and not just literally.

Succesful teams usually have a settled 14 to 15 regulars which each one of them knowing whats expected of them when coming on to play.

Yes if your the big Clubs challenging in Europe etc you may need a couple more players, But we're not challenging for anything more important than surival.

To his credit he did get the better of the Forest sqaud and saved them from relegation. So anything is possible. 

Maresca's squad is still mainly intact and so all I feel was really needed was to replace KDH with a Quality midfielder and sign a quality Striker.Maybe a mobile CB.

Then continue Enzo's work with a few tweaks where he see's the need too. Like going long sometimes when a pass is on. If only to keep the opposition from compressing us in our own box.

He has a big 2 weeks coming up as I'd expect to see Players starting in their best positions and to see our Starting team against Spurs playing in the last Friendly against Lens.

There's a lot to get right before kickoff and unlike Enzo he has had the time with the players to know his best team and formations etc. So no excuses.

Lets hope he can work a similar kind of magic as Enzo and keep us up.

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Get KDH back here for £10m when Enzo gets sacked. Lovely jubbly

I am 100000% certain that KDH will be back here within 30 months whether that’s permanently or on some kind of loan. 

• Like 1