Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It just infuriates me. I don't know how you can watch this as a professional football coach and not see it's obviously not an intelligent use of the space on a pitch. 

With Mavididi's skill set, why are you sending him off to go and stand around in a crowd of defenders central in the pitch. 

Even if he gets the ball there what do you want him to do. He isn't James Maddison, he's not going to turn on a dime and slot a little through ball in or something. 

He's utterly wasted coming inside. 

The majority of Mavididi's career has been as a second striker. He's best in and around the box, not on the wing.

2 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Stephys had a bit of a stinker on the ball so far to be fair

Genuinely think he’s isn’t going to make the step up. He’s not quick enough in speed of thought for me. 

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

this system stifles our best attacking players, the two wingers. such a waste

Faes is holding onto the ball too long and ignoring VK when he moves into space. By the time Faes decides to pass after running with it, VK and Mavadidi are too close together. VK also seems scared to put any sort of cross in

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Imagine parking the bus against us in a ****ing friendly though. Good god Ausburg. 

This is the thing I think counter attacking wise we would be alright against teams that came at us, with a team sitting back we are in a world of trouble 

I don’t actually think it’s that bad, it’s the first pre season game I’ve seen and I’d expected a lot worse. We’re not creative but we’re not completely incompetent on the ball either. Some players mean the system isn’t perfect and I don’t expect us to do well at the start of the season, but I did expect worse.

However, their striker running through on goal and our defenders backing off so that he can get a shot away p1sses me off massively.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Who is the commentator lol. Sounds like a mashed up Scottish/American accent.

The ground and weather looks nice, maybe should’ve thought more about going 

not with flights being over 500 quid

see we still brilliant at defending corners as well 

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The majority of Mavididi's career has been as a second striker. He's best in and around the box, not on the wing.

He's played as a central attacking midfielder where Cooper is trying to get him to go in possession in less than 10% of his career games.