Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Saturday 3 August v FC Augsburg pre-season friendly

2 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

guys calm down we are playing the team who finished 11th in bundesliga last season

11th in the bundesliga would be relegation fodder in the prem. Don't pretend Augsburg are a decent side, they are bang average at best and would lose to nearly every side in the prem, except us of course. 

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

not with flights being over 500 quid

see we still brilliant at defending corners as well 

Really, wow. Maybe the train would’ve been cheaper. 

Pre season though isn’t it, just a kickabout and fitness test, still over two weeks away from start of the season. I went to leuven a few summers back and it was great fun, had a skinful of Stella. Couldn’t believe some lads behind me were annoyed about the performance! 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Bloody hell it's a friendly relax abit. You've got 9 months coming up to be miserable  

I'm pretty relaxed about the score in a friendly or some of the individual performances. Don't care too much. Shouldn't read too much in to them. 

But I do think it's fair to be alarmed about what clearly is Cooper's idea for the shape given it's largely how we've played in most of these games and it's naff. 

• Like 4

We were told that we weren’t going to change much. And so far, true to their word.

few incoming signings, lots of possession, inability to break teams down that sit low and create in the final third, and give away cheap goals from errors and set pieces!

• Like 1

VK is not particularly good at getting forward, and he's also occupying space that would be better utilised having Mav in there to drive into the box.  Cooper obviously wants Mav to play the Johnson role of supporting the striker but he's not getting any joy, he's in the area Reid should be in.  Everyone seems to just shift into someone else's spot to allow someone else who's not as good to occupy the space they should be in themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

I mean that was definitely a foul on Fatawu

Garbage this ref. I know it's only a friendly but how many times is he going to let fouls go unpunished. We always seem to research our friendly opponents well and make sure we are playing absolute cloggers. Perhaps it's all part of the plan and they can blame injuries when we are dreadful this season 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will Kristiansen ever put a cross in with his left foot? So frustrating!

From the Brenan Rodgers school of football he is!

We must have the least effective full backs in the league with him and JJ. One ignores players in good positions and passes back, the other gets in good positions and passes back.