Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Craig Shakespeare Sadly Passed away

Not been on the forum for a few hours and just seen this. 

Absolutely gutting! I've always said that if you took any one piece of the 15/16 season away it wouldn't have happened. That goes for Shakey too. 

Devastated for his family, no matter how much joy he brought us, it's nothing to what he gave them and what they've now lost. 

• Like 4

Writing on social media, Schmeichel said: “Devastated beyond words. An absolutely fantastic coach, one of the best I have ever seen, but more importantly, an incredible human being. He taught me so much, and I am just thankful to have worked with and known him.”

Jamie Vardy, the club’s star striker, also paid tribute, writing: “I don’t have the words right now. Just gutted. RIP Shakey.”

Andy King, a City player throughout Shakespeare’s initial eight-year spell at the club, said: “Devastated to hear the passing of Shakey. Not only was he one of the best coaches I had the pleasure of working with, he was an amazing human.

“He was there at Leicester through it all and I can safely say none of the success over the years he was there would’ve happened without him. You won’t hear a bad word said about him by anyone. RIP Shakes and thanks for everything you did for me.”

The tributes continue to pour in. Title-winning midfielder Danny Drinkwater said: "Absolutely gutted at the news. A needle in a haystack of the sport, one of the most genuine humans I have ever had the pleasure to work for and with! Gutted. RIP Shakes."

The 2016 right-back Danny Simpson said: "Gutted. Words can’t describe what this man did for me and my career at Leicester and beyond. I'm so thankful to have had him in my life. He was an unbelievable coach but an even better human being. RIP Shakey."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 5

Shouted out oh no! when I heard the news last night - Truly heart-breaking.  

That 1st game Vs Spurs we need to show what he meant to us and how incredibly well thought of he was by us all. 

A truly wonderful man and thoughts go to his friends and family for such a huge loss. 

Follow the boys and Shakeyo is one of my favourite lines ever. 

RIP Shakey and thanks for everything you were immense. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner