Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Craig Shakespeare Sadly Passed away

7 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Classy from Maddison to lay some flowers with Vards before the game.

Also lovely to see Nige and Steve Walsh at the ground today, this is the club that those 3 amigos built and got a send off from the fans and players that he deserved.

The bloke in between them looked like Shakey perhaps his brother?

I generally put my personal believes aside and support Union FS no matter what.

I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but to me, “Rest Easy” was a bit flippant and just seamed like the group trying too hard to be cool with the sunglasses again. 

Just be a normal adult and talk to people as you would as an individual. 

9 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Classy from Maddison to lay some flowers with Vards before the game.

Also lovely to see Nige and Steve Walsh at the ground today, this is the club that those 3 amigos built and got a send off from the fans and players that he deserved.

I met Nigel and Steve as I was coming in. Got massively starstruck! He's such a humble man, made time for a chat and photo with fans despite being on crutches. With Shakey, our holy trinity at the club - a statue I'd love to see to personally

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

I generally put my personal believes aside and support Union FS no matter what.

I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but to me, “Rest Easy” was a bit flippant and just seamed like the group trying too hard to be cool with the sunglasses again. 

Just be a normal adult and talk to people as you would as an individual. 

That’s nit picking a bit. The group put a lot of hard work into these displays and nothing about that is “flippant” 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Oh wow thats a shame you thought that.

I can certainly say it was a million miles away from something trying to be ‘cool’.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

I thought it was appropriately informal, it wasn't a funeral, we as fans are not related to him. It's phrase you might use for the passing of a long term buddy/mate

3 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

That’s nit picking a bit. The group put a lot of hard work into these displays and nothing about that is “flippant” 

I’ll hold my hands up and admit I got this one wrong. Now that it’s mentioned, I like the thought of our fans wishing Shakey well as if he were one of our mates. 

Appreciate the replies here. And I appreciate the sentiment from UFS. Thanks, all. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, pkonline said:

Interestingly a lot of talk about Sven last few days and his new documentary, so we may well be facing some more devastating news about another former manager :cry:.

Am sure the club have got a tribute message to him drafted somewhere.

Am not sure if Sven's tenure at the club was a positive one or not - Am slightly siding with that it was, due to the global attention of him being at the club.

Edited by Wymsey