Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Craig Shakespeare Sadly Passed away

Guest Chocolate Teapot

What a bloke. Seville truly was one of the night of our lives. So incredibly sad. I'm just gutted.

Such sad news, always came across as one of the good guys.

Was involved in most of the greatest days/nights we have experienced when supporting Leicester, he should go down in history as one of the legends of this football club.

Rest in Peace Shakey.

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

I knew Craig Shakespeare a little bit. 

I grew up in Lichfield,  and him and his family lived at the bottom of the road I lived on with my parents and siblings. I think he first lived there whilst he was a player at West Brom, buying the house from a certain Carlton Palmer no less! 

My Dad and I, as obsessive football and Leicester fans were of course, obsessed with the player and then coach who lived at the end of the road! A nicer bloke you honestly could not wish to meet. So down to earth, always gave you time, put you at ease in his company. When he got the job at Leicester he’d always get us tickets and sometimes tell us snippets about what was going on at the club and the players.  We often took his son to games with us, as he couldn’t go with Dad on the coach! 

Shakey had a MASSIVE influence on us winning the Premier League. I’d never disclose just how much on here as it’s private, but I think one day some of those title winners will tell the story. 

I remember once chatting to him whilst we were both out walking our Labradors , about Jamie Vardy. I said to him how good I thought Vardy could be. This was the middle of the great escape season. Shakey replied ‘Yep, he can play for England. We keep telling him he can be whatever he wants to be. He has EVERYTHING’. I really think him and Nigel had a huge influence on helping Jamie Vardy be the footballer he became (and still is). 

This one has really hit hard. Devastated for him and his family. RIP Shakey 

Thanks for sharing that mate. He really does seem like a special man. Feel properly shook by this one

Definitely hit hard and come as a shock this one. I had forgotten the news from October with the diagnosis and even then nothing more was said (not that it should be when it’s peoples private and personal lives).

An understated legend for the day part he played at the club in numerous spells. Looking at all the tribute shows how well he was thought of in the game even if not the main face apart from his spell in 2017.

Nice words from the club and hopefully they follow it up with recognising his achievements and through either tributes/memorial of some kind or all of the above.

It was a privilege to have him at the club and see his work. RIP Shakey 💔

they need to get some shakey in the pre match montage for the new season. thinking two balls under the arms, or his handshake with Simeone where you  can see he wanted to break him. GWON CRAIG! love the man. RIP

• Like 1