Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Craig Shakespeare Sadly Passed away

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Am sure the club have got a tribute message to him drafted somewhere.

Am not sure if Sven's tenure at the club was a positive one or not - Am slightly siding with that it was, due to the global attention of him being at the club.

We played some great football and he brought in a couple of players that would go on to be very important for us, including one of our most important signings ever.

He seems like an intelligent and charismatic man and he's a proper football guy too. Fantastic career. 

• Like 3

Ranieri's tribute to Shakey from the match programme:

"I was very upset when I heard the news that Craig had passed away this month," he told the club's official matchday programme. "I still can't believe it, I don't realise, I'm saddened, for him and for his family. He was my precious collaborator as we lived a magnificent adventure together.

"I sometimes speak of the Leicester City electricity - and Craig was one of the many people who gave us a spar. When you experience memories like that together, you have a bond forever. Our dreams came true and he was a big part of our glorious success.

"Craig as a man was always positive. He always supported me totally in our job. He would always arrive at the training ground with a smile and a laugh. He, also, was so talented and so strong in his job.

"As a manager, you cannot ask for more from an assistant. He gave me everything I needed, and he was so, so respected by everyone at the club - the players, the staff, the supporters, everybody.

"I know that the first lines of Craig's Leicester City story were written before mine and there were many chapters afterwards, but for the time we spent together, I am so grateful. I think it is very special to see all the words and all the tributes from people in football over the last weeks - it shows you who Craig was.

"It shows you the type of friend, the type of colleague, he was to so many, at Leicester City and everywhere else. I am lucky to have known Craig and shared that magical time together. I hug you with my thoughts, Craig, and so does your family."

There were tributes by others like Wes, Pearson, Kingy, Steve Walsh, Vardy and Schmeichel in the programme if anyone can post those too

• Like 2
  • Sad 1