Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

BANG! That’s how we get a new player!

Not sure whether to despair or not at the minute with the lack of transfer activity, but I don’t know whether I need to seek solace in the fact that any players joining are rarely stated in the media, but from nowhere fees are agreed along with terms etc for somebody ‘out of the blue’ - like Deordova-Reid.

That’s not to say that next player will be any good, but does anybody else notice that this is how we do business now, so doesn’t get despondent over lack of action?

Transfers are now not getting leaked which is great and how it should be. 

But like probably 90% of how fans feel, we seem to be miles off a team that is capable of finishing in 18th place at present. Massively concerning. 

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Yes but then I remember the transfer window of 22/23 when I waited patiently and BANG we did fvck all other than sold Fofana and got Faes in as a replacement.  

I hope the OP is right, but that window still haunts me. 

How could you forget Alex Smithies?

they've ballsed it up havent they?

sorry to repeat myself but this isnt a squad that needs tweaking, more like  5/6 quality additions which i knew was never going to happen:nono:

what a shower, manager walks out on us to be replaced by forest reject and we dont even back him with some decent transfers.

Derbys unwanted premier league record is quaking in its boots...........

2 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Transfers are now not getting leaked which is great and how it should be. 

But like probably 90% of how fans feel, we seem to be miles off a team that is capable of finishing in 18th place at present. Massively concerning. 

I think we are capable of finishing 18th, but unfortunately that would mean we'd be relegated. Whether or not we have a team capable of finishing 17th place, is a different matter. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sdb said:

I think the problem is we need about 5 BANGS!!! between now and 10 days' time. Oh and the fact that we've not signed someone new that improves our XI for over a year!

Not strictly true as we signed Fatawu at the end of August last year. Get what you're saying though, we didn't/couldn't strengthen in January and haven't signed anyone yet this summer (Fatawu aside) that would be a guaranteed started every week this season. 

40 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I think we are capable of finishing 18th, but unfortunately that would mean we'd be relegated. Whether or not we have a team capable of finishing 17th place, is a different matter. 

Hahaha great spot, blame my digits for the typo. Although we definitely are not finishing 17th with the current squad