Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Yaser Asprilla - signed for Girona

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

DM is not a priority

DM is definitely a priority, you could see the quality we've lost there when Papy Mendy bossed our Winks/Choudhury midfield in the Lens game. If Ndidi cant rediscover his form/Cooper doesnt play him there then it has to be one of our main positions to target, Choudhury wont cut it for us as a starter and Winks doesnt have the defensive ability we need in that position for next season.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

DM is definitely a priority, you could see the quality we've lost there when Papy Mendy bossed our Winks/Choudhury midfield in the Lens game. If Ndidi cant rediscover his form/Cooper doesnt play him there then it has to be one of our main positions to target, Choudhury wont cut it for us as a starter and Winks doesnt have the defensive ability we need in that position for next season.

Good lad. 

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

you have to be joking?

DM is not a priority because we at least have players in that position. It would make no financial sense to go after another DM and leave such a gaping hole in the AM area…. Winks, Hamza and Ndidi  can all play in the DM role.. all 3 at least have prem experience… but what prem experience do we have in the AM role?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

you have to be joking?

DM is not a priority because we at least have players in that position. It would make no financial sense to go after another DM and leave such a gaping hole in the AM area…. Winks, Hamza and Ndidi  can all play in the DM role.. all 3 at least have prem experience… but what prem experience do we have in the AM role?

What experience do we have in the AM role?

Bobby, Argie with Alves as an option to drip feed in.

There isn’t a ‘gaping hole’. 

No he’s not joking, and neither am I. 

If winks is injured or like last year he gets overused, who plays there? 

And don’t say Ricardo, Maresca is no longer in charge and Cooper and his staff aren’t coaching us in that way. 

If you read up I stated Striker first, LB second and DM third.

Soumare is useless. Hamza is a walking yellow/red card with very limited ability. 

Id love Braybrooke to get chances. 

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

you have to be joking?

Cooper has barely played Ndidi in the DM role. Can he still play that position at a high level? I'm not so sure.

Winks isnt a DM, if we're not in possession and we're not pressing as a unit (which we arent under Cooper) he doesnt offer much. He's only useful when we are in possession. 

Hamza is Hamza, he struggles to make a forward pass.

Someone like Mandela Keita would be transformative for our team, we need someone who is comfortable on the ball and also combative in midfield.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

soumare,wilf and hamza  to name a few 

Sammy braybrooke can play there?

Soumare, Wilf and Hamza can play there, sure.

All are dogshit at PL level though, so it depends on your expectations for the season I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Soumare, Wilf and Hamza can play there, sure.

All are dogshit at PL level though, so it depends on your expectations for the season I guess.

Soumare held himself against real and barca, shutting out the likes of kroos,modric and gundogan. Surely he can play against the likes of Luongo, Smallbone and James Cundle?

We definitely do want another DM as discussed above, but I’d have it below a striker, a creative midfielder and maybe an attacking left back/pacey left sided CB on the priority list 

Edited by FoxesWalk

11 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Brentford, Frankfurt, Fulham, Porto and us still in the running according to the original tweet, from a Colombian journalist, over 200k followers. 

So we've got no chance...need to get an answer quickly and if it's a no (let's face it, it will be) then move on. Come on Rudkin stop dribbling the custard down your suit and do your job!!

Edited by fox_favourite

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Jesus wept 

are our options a bit shit? yes, but we actually have options. we've got one creative CM in Buonnoatte who's made a single senior start. Much as people rate Alves, the kids total senior experience is a single sub cup appearance. it'd be nice to improve the options there but really the only position you wouldn't say that about is the wings and maybe in goal depending on how long Stolarcyk is unavailable 

Edited by The Doctor

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I think you guys are kind of arguing different perspectives.  Seems Muzzy wants a deep lying playmaker, which we do lack, rather than just a defensive shield.

I want competition for Winks yes but also for Ndidi as I don’t rate Hamza at all. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

are our options a bit shit? yes, but we actually have options. we've got one creative CM in Buonnoatte who's made a single senior start. Much as people rate Alves, the kids total senior experience is a single sub cup appearance. it'd be nice to improve the options there but really the only position you wouldn't say that about is the wings and maybe in goal depending on how long Stolarcyk is unavailable 

You're talking like we're planning on scoring goals. That doesn't seem like the objective this season - 38 points might keep us up depending on the points deduction.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I want competition for Winks yes but also for Ndidi as I don’t rate Hamza at all. 

I mean on that basis we might as well be in for a CB because Faes is awful and Vestegaard isn't that good when not on the ball, so we need competition for Coady/Okoli. We're not getting 5 or 6 deals over the line so the priorities have to be positions where we've got next to nothing - only Cannon fit as far as strikers, only Buonnoatte as far as creative midfielders

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You're talking like we're planning on scoring goals. That doesn't seem like the objective this season - 38 points might keep us up depending on the points deduction.

how are you getting to 38 points without scoring goals? sure as shit aren't gonna pull off 38 0-0s

1 hour ago, Micky said:

It absolutely is a priority. If you can't see it, you are naive. 

Daft lad! 

everywhere needs strengthening.  But we HAVE DMs, even if people don’t think they are good enough.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

What experience do we have in the AM role?

Bobby, Argie with Alves as an option to drip feed in.

There isn’t a ‘gaping hole’. 

No he’s not joking, and neither am I. 

If winks is injured or like last year he gets overused, who plays there? 

And don’t say Ricardo, Maresca is no longer in charge and Cooper and his staff aren’t coaching us in that way. 

If you read up I stated Striker first, LB second and DM third.

Soumare is useless. Hamza is a walking yellow/red card with very limited ability. 

Id love Braybrooke to get chances. 

umm… I wouldn’t say Alves is ‘ experience’ lol

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean on that basis we might as well be in for a CB because Faes is awful and Vestegaard isn't that good when not on the ball, so we need competition for Coady/Okoli. We're not getting 5 or 6 deals over the line so the priorities have to be positions where we've got next to nothing - only Cannon fit as far as strikers, only Buonnoatte as far as creative midfielders

Whole new squad should be bought in based on that logic. 

Forget about creativity and goals I hope Rudkin is prioritising another DCM. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Micky said:

Winks isn't good enough for the premier league in a defensive midfield role. He's not robust enough in his play. He needs an aggressive athlete alongside him. 

didnt he play that role for England? But not good enough for Leicester? Right o