Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Yaser Asprilla - signed for Girona

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

didnt he play that role for England? But not good enough for Leicester? Right o

Winks will do fine as a deep-lying playmaker, but we need a proper DM to play alongside him. Wilf used to excel at that but there are huge doubts over his ability to do so now.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Micky said:

Not good enough to play the combative role. 100%

We were talking about a DM though weren’t we? That roll you are talking about is slightly different…we might not  be playing that all out combative roll… with the lack of creativity we have in the middle , it’s possible he might get pushed forward a little as he can at least pass a bit and pull the strings from not quite so deep… the glaringly obvious fix of course would be to buy an AM who’s a nailed on starter.. but for some reason , baring in mind our lack of finances people think the solution is to buy another DM lol

Edited by MPH

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Winks will do fine as a deep-lying playmaker, but we need a proper DM to play alongside him. Wilf used to excel at that but there are huge doubts over his ability to do so now.

that might be part to the fact his role hasn’t been an out and out DM for a bit… we’ve had him running everywhere.. sit him in from of the defense to mop up, let Wings be the deep lying play maker and surely that’s a better solution than buying another DM? Especially considering our lack of finances… we need some creativity in the middle for more than we need another DM..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Well he had to drop down to the Championship for a reason didn’t he.

well, he spent the season before signing for us on loan in Serie  A and was decent for sampdoria but wanted a permanent move not more loans..

but we are not talking about England level any more… we are are not even talking about a top 6  team player..  just someone who’s going to keep us up and we could definitely do much worse and with limited finances, it’s just ludicrous to suggest replacing him over strengthening other positions..

besides, he fell out with Mourinho who bought several very expensive CMS and that’s what limited his playing time- it was  not that long ago that Athletico Madrid were sniffing round him.. as well as playing in. Decent sampdoria side in serie A.

Edited by MPH

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

well, he spent the season before signing for us on loan in Serie  A and was decent for sampdoria but wanted a permanent move not more loans..

but we are not talking about England level any more… we are are not even talking about a top 6  team player..  just someone who’s going to keep us up and we could definitely do much worse and with limited finances, it’s just ludicrous to suggest replacing him over strengthening other positions..

besides, he fell out with Mourinho who bought several very expensive CMS and that’s what limited his playing time- it was  not that long ago that Athletico Madrid were sniffing round him.. as well as playing in. Decent sampdoria side in serie A.

I don’t know about his time at Sampdoria, so can’t really comment on that. I do know they finished rock bottom with a pretty shocking points total and didn’t take up the option to sign him. Granted - Relegation would have decided that for them.

I like Harry but you need to play to his strengths. Other aspects of his game are pretty poor in my opinion. 

59 minutes ago, MPH said:

We were talking about a DM though weren’t we? That roll you are talking about is slightly different…we might not  be playing that all out combative roll… with the lack of creativity we have in the middle , it’s possible he might get pushed forward a little as he can at least pass a bit and pull the strings from not quite so deep… the glaringly obvious fix of course would be to buy an AM who’s a nailed on starter.. but for some reason , baring in mind our lack of finances people think the solution is to buy another DM lol

I think you’re getting confused.

In a 4-2-3-1 the double pivot is generally referred to as DM’s as primarily they shield the back 4.

A DLP can play in a DM slot. 

44 minutes ago, enmac said:

Leicester are a warning of what can go wrong for clubs on limit of budget | Jonathan Wilson https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/aug/17/leicester-warning-what-can-go-wrong-on-limit-budget?CMP=share_btn_url

"Worse, though, is the taint this casts on those fifth-place finishes, the sense that for a non‑super-club to compete at all, they have to take a cavalier attitude to the regulations."

I'm not really sure how to take this ending paragraph? Given we didn't fail any of those years, and only failed the year we were relegated, when the wheels/exhaust/everything fell off. 

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I think you’re getting confused.

In a 4-2-3-1 the double pivot is generally referred to as DM’s as primarily they shield the back 4.

A DLP can play in a DM slot. 

what I AM saying is that  this area just isn’t the priority. An AM is..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"Worse, though, is the taint this casts on those fifth-place finishes, the sense that for a non‑super-club to compete at all, they have to take a cavalier attitude to the regulations."

I'm not really sure how to take this ending paragraph? Given we didn't fail any of those years, and only failed the year we were relegated, when the wheels/exhaust/everything fell off. 

we didn't fail those years but we lumbered ourselves with the wages that would cause the failure, we overstretched to achieve them and then it caught up with us

• Like 3

Packing the squad with another deep midfielder seems pointless to me. 

We have enough options there.

OK none may prove to be good enough, but do we really need another wage on the books meaning we carry more deadwood in a position we are well packed in already? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Packing the squad with another deep midfielder seems pointless to me. 

We have enough options there.

OK none may prove to be good enough, but do we really need another wage on the books meaning we carry more deadwood in a position we are well packed in already? 

Agreed. Obviously a striker and some more options out wide are really needed but a proper central midfielder, who can carry the ball, chip in with goals and play in a more advanced role is absolutely pivotal to me. Maybe that's Buonanotte but still think we need another 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

BBC Sport Gossip claiming that Porto are favourites to sign him. Close thread. Nobody wants to join us.

We are so unattractive to players, we are like that congealed kebab you find in the fridge, the morning after a skinful.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, murphy said:

We are so unattractive to players, we are like that congealed kebab you find in the fridge, the morning after a skinful.

Or the kebab you wake up covered in, that’s all in the bed sheets and that.

• Haha 1