Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Yaser Asprilla - signed for Girona

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

Story of our summer. But Girona journo. 

Other reports say he wants to stay in UK etc. 

Italian Club PR sources are in general purveyors of bull sh+t.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

I'm concerned the "couple" that Cooper insinuated were hopefully close were referring to Asprilla and Ayew as doesn't sound promising. One is a familiar feel of collapsing and another massively underwhelming.

I think the two that slipped by were probably Hozelock and Zaha. Hlozek seemed all but wrapped up before it fell through. I bet that was one of them, at least.

That's not to say I think we'll be signing Asprilla, though!

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think the two that slipped by were probably Hozelock and Zaha. Hlozek seemed all but wrapped up before it fell through. I bet that was one of them, at least.

That's not to say I think we'll be signing Asprilla, though!

I was referring to comments made post Spurs tbf, he said he was hopeful about a couple of players I believe!

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Have you got The Knack of doing this?

Yes.  I get very confused these days from supporting this Club for 5 decades. 

7 hours ago, LestaLad said:

“Girona FC is currently the top candidate to sign Colombian winger Yáser Asprilla (20).
The player is willing to come (in this sense we have an advantage over Leicester City) and the terms of the contract with the player would not be a problem but negotiations need to be held and an agreement reached with Watford FC.
Although the GFC is willing to make an unprecedented financial effort in the club, there is a gap between what we currently offer and what the English team demands. Formulas are being sought to make the transfer cheaper.”

Sounds like even he don’t wanna come hahaha

On balance Girona is probably a nicer place to live. There is a nice Med coast which perhaps just shades Skeggy, and Barcelona is a short journey by high speed rail. 

But he'll miss out on better curries I would have thought.

37 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

On balance Girona is probably a nicer place to live. There is a nice Med coast which perhaps just shades Skeggy, and Barcelona is a short journey by high speed rail. 

But he'll miss out on better curries I would have thought.

The problem here is Watford and his Agent are unlikely to accept an offer that does not fill their pockets.    Wait for 'I only want to go to Girona' incoming.

• Like 1

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/girona-fc/20240821/1002301918/yaser-asprilla-gran-apuesta-girona.html

Yaser Asprilla seems to be Girona's chosen one to make the big investment in the extreme before the closing of the transfer market. The Colombian talent that provides its services to Watford of the Championship, of the second English division, was immersed among several suitors to get the 20-year-old and Rennes, who already started talks with the raries, ended up breaking the negotiations for a matter of commissions between representatives.

Leicester and Porto, were the other strong ones next to Girona, which urgently needs a winger for the Champions League. Both have already withdrawn from the bid, even with Porto making public its impossibility to invest the minimum of 20 million pounds they ask for from British lands.

The English team will not make it easy to sell and Girona is not the favorite in terms of budget, but it will also depend on the player and the project that is put in front. The club is clear that it will make two strong investments to finish reinforcing the sensitive casualties of the summer and Yaser Asprilla becomes the priority for the Catalans, although it remains to be seen if the agreement, not easy, comes to fruition.

Reading between the lines, we won’t pay what Watford want. Girona have potentially got to a point where they’ve agreed wages. Is he sold of the project? Who knows! 

With the La Liga FFP laws, I’m not sure how Girona afford him to be honest.