Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

This thread is providing a public service with out it enabling FTs to vent there'd be riots on here.

The forum would be torn to threads.

I could actually have gone to riot in Weymouth last night.

I chose not to-  I saw that the Police had imported half of Hampshire Constabulary to come to play...   and I trained with those guys-  they really DO want to smash some skulls in an organised manner!

1 hour ago, bovril said:

The British far right are without doubt the stupidest in Europe. I suppose we should be thankful. 

Well not really. They're merely the footsoldiers for the well spoken, well dressed middle / upper middle class instigators / agitators.

Thicker they are the more maleable they are.

Pretty much the blueprint for the rise of fascism through the ages.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

A lot of people in this country are just alcoholic yobs. You see the destruction every weekend. We are an aggressive and often a very racist society that likes smashing stuff. Don't know whether it's always been like this but as I posted the other there is a greater tolerance for this kind of thing here than anywhere I've been.

At the same time there's increasing poverty, poor education and now ethnic grievances. Not an ideal mix. It's like 19th century Odessa

I don't want to comment on the racism aspect but I've long thought we have a very immature attitude to alcohol in this country. Some so called adults are a bit like if you let a load of 5 year olds loose in a sweetshop without supervision. They would likely gorge themselves and be sick soon after. As per far too many adults on any weekend do with booze.

12 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Well not really. They're merely the footsoldiers for the well spoken, well dressed middle / upper middle class instigators / agitators.

Thicker they are the more maleable they are.

Pretty much the blueprint for the rise of fascism through the ages.

Their spiritual leader is Tommy Robinson.

I'm not saying they're not dangerous. We've seen this weekend that they are. But they are stupider and less organized than most of the far right in Europe, in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Appreciated this, but I do like the channel.

Thanks for this. Absolute gem of a statement of current events and how we got here. Applies to the US as well. Watching your PMs speech gave me the same feeling as when Hillary Clinton called me and the rest of the working class deplorables. It's been the stick for a very long time for the poor and middle class. Never the carrot always the stick. Things change eventually. Here we are.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’ve not argued that they are two different types of protests. But with respect most of what has gone on has nothing to do with the deaths of those girls in Liverpool.

A huge number involved are opportunists attempting to hijak their deaths for their own ends, and much of what you see has little to do with immigration. 

Smashing up Greggs, bottling police etc are just yobs out to smash stuff up and has nothing to do with any “cause” whether you agree with it or not.

There are huge numbers of perfectly nice people who just yearn for a UK like the one they used to know. They might miss the finer intricacies of immigration, but not feeling at home on your home town is understandable.

You're currently making excuses for people that are committing arson with intent to endanger life and assaulting minority ethnic individuals in the street. I find that quite incredible.

If they want a UK like the one they used to know, they should convince people to vote for it. We just had an election, people didn't vote for it. Ignoring that and saying that we have to do what they want, or face violence and destruction, is literally terrorism.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’ve not argued that they are two different types of protests. But with respect most of what has gone on has nothing to do with the deaths of those girls in Liverpool.

A huge number involved are opportunists attempting to hijak their deaths for their own ends, and much of what you see has little to do with immigration. 

Smashing up Greggs, bottling police etc are just yobs out to smash stuff up and has nothing to do with any “cause” whether you agree with it or not.

There are huge numbers of perfectly nice people who just yearn for a UK like the one they used to know. They might miss the finer intricacies of immigration, but not feeling at home on your home town is understandable.

100% this.

These knuckle draggers see it as an opportunity to misbehave in a mob and cause damage and have a ruck with the cops.  If the price of admission is shouting a few racist remarks, so be it, but their prime motivator is to cause trouble.  These aren't protests ffs, just idiots being idiots.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think I also said pretty clearly that (a) the protests weren't clearly associated with the event that triggered them (hence the Duggan riots comparison) and (b) that immigration policy was going to be important because people do have some valid concerns.

If you live in a community that you barely recognise because the powers-that-be have dolloped a load of immigrants into it and expect you to deal with the obvious social consequences of that, then no doubt you'll feel a sense of loss or even insecurity somewhere along the line.

But I don't believe that a sensible, empathetic person with those concerns would have been going along to evidently extreme right-wing riots designed to intimidate swathes of people.

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

100% this.

These knuckle draggers see it as an opportunity to misbehave in a mob and cause damage and have a ruck with the cops.  If the price of admission is shouting a few racist remarks, so be it, but their prime motivator is to cause trouble.  These aren't protests ffs, just idiots being idiots.

This is a coordinated campaign of domestic terrorism.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Can it really be labelled as this?

It's not as if there has been any attempted murder to another's life, has there?

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Please don't dress it up as something it's not.  These are criminals who see it kick off somewhere and think that they want a piece of the action.

Just now, nnfox said:

Please don't dress it up as something it's not.  These are criminals who see it kick off somewhere and think that they want a piece of the action.

You think everyone at these terrible riots is a pre-existing criminal?

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It's not as if there has been any attempted murder to another's life, has there?

People have literally set fire to hotels KNOWING there are people in there. 

Reports of an Asian man being stabbed, too, in Liverpool (?). 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Setting fire to a hotel with people in it doesn't constitute terrorism? :blink:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I think there are too many feral people in this country 

It doesn't help that mental health services in this country vary a lot in terms of quality..

Edited by Wymsey

21 minutes ago, so1 said:

Thanks for this. Absolute gem of a statement of current events and how we got here. Applies to the US as well. Watching your PMs speech gave me the same feeling as when Hillary Clinton called me and the rest of the working class deplorables. It's been the stick for a very long time for the poor and middle class. Never the carrot always the stick. Things change eventually. Here we are.

If you vote for Trump you are deplorable. If you vote for Trump and are poor then you are an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You think everyone at these terrible riots is a pre-existing criminal?

I think it's fair to say that most of the ones causing the trouble probably have some sort of criminal history.    It's not like they've studied immigration policy at home for years and decided enough is enough, and without ever committing a crime before, I'm now going to throw bricks at cops and set hotels alight.