Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

Just now, Daggers said:

Setting fire to a hotel with people in it doesn't constitute terrorism? :blink:

Well, admittedly, I didn't read the article about a hotel fire - so you could have a strong cade, now..

Just now, nnfox said:

I think it's fair to say that most of the ones causing the trouble probably have some sort of criminal history.    It's not like they've studied immigration policy at home for years and decided enough is enough, and without ever committing a crime before, I'm now going to throw bricks at cops and set hotels alight.

No doubt those making the most trouble likely do, but there will still be plenty of journeymen who are along for the ride.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Imagine a scenario where the filthy rich in this country decided to give it all away and the millions of people on benefits or living below the breadline were given a lump sum of money as a gift.

Imagine it was say £25k each. Enough to pay off debt, put down a deposit, invest, etc. 

I wonder how many people would go out and buy a flash car, book a luxurious holiday or piss it away on drugs and booze instead. 

I get the concept of financial equality but in practice I’m not sure it would really fix anything in this country.

Financial education is the key and our kids should be taught about money and finance from an early age. It should be as important as English and Maths. 

There is a campaign to have the super rich pay a 1% wealth tax and this would fund most public services, not what you are asking for, but the knock on effect of such a tax would be astronomical. Giving money to people is risky I tend to agree as people are stupid, I know I am.  :thumbup:

• Like 4

Just now, Wymsey said:

It doesn't help that mental health services in this country vary a lot I'm terms of 

I agree but too many people don't know how to behave at the best of times and then in a mob whipped up by others the results are horrible 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's not just a case of giving people free lump sums like they've won the lottery, though, it's about investment in to places where it's needed most, and being able to raise the standard of living for people to bring the have nots closer to the haves.

You’ve got my vote Deb 

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Divide and conquer of the working classes is the oldest trick in the book, just find it so sad it's working so well in 2024.

I wonder how many involved don't work and also how many did not bother to vote in the recent election. 

29 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's sad but not surprising its reached this point. If it doesn't get stamped out soon it'll snowball further. Too many idiots want to be involved just to smash stuff up 

Not cold enough ……..

(btw, I think you’re right)

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Incidentally, anyone who thinks Starmer is bluffing about coming down like a ton of bricks on these verminous cretins needs to look at his record during the 2011 riots. He was absolutely merciless.

Agree.

Wonder what Rishi would've done..

9 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Incidentally, anyone who thinks Starmer is bluffing about coming down like a ton of bricks on these verminous cretins needs to look at his record during the 2011 riots. He was absolutely merciless.

Proving we have learned nothing from history. That won't stop it, it'll just put it on simmer for a while before it bubbles back worse down the line sadly. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Their spiritual leader is Tommy Robinson.

I'm not saying they're not dangerous. We've seen this weekend that they are. But they are stupider and less organized than most of the far right in Europe, in my opinion. 

I wasn't  talking about Tommy Ten Names but a valid point as a comparator.

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Agree.

Wonder what Rishi would've done..

The Rwanda plan would be underway and perhaps he'd have doubled down on it. 

Also, as a legit British Asian, he's kinda got some gravitas in creating calm. 

Tories were a bad bad bad government. But Sunak himself was a decent guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Proving we have learned nothing from history. That won't stop it, it'll just put it on simmer for a while before it bubbles back worse down the line sadly. 

I totally agree, you do not fix this ill placed rage by raging in response, as only those who seek division get what they want.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Plenty more names to add to the list from Birmingham this evening by the looks of it.

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Also, as a legit British Asian, he's kinda got some gravitas in creating calm. 

Sorry but he literally didn't care about that. If he did, he would have realised his parents were immigrants and not created such a harsh anti-immigration plan such as reporting them to Rwanda... 

• Like 3

Kicking off in Alum Rock Birmingham apparently.

NOT a place the EDL boys should venture if they had even half a brain cell.

If it escalates there  it will get proper messy.