Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Kicking off in Alum Rock Birmingham apparently.

NOT a place the EDL boys should venture if they had even half a brain cell.

If it escalates there  it will get proper messy.

Surprised they haven't tried it sooner, the usual go somewhere they know they'll get a reaction, antagonise the locals and play victim when they inevitably get the reaction

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

It’s getting to me just been for walk around the block and as I turned into my road there’s a guy hanging around just back from the corner smoking a fag with tattoos all over his face wearing a Union Jack shirt and my first thought was don’t look get home and lock the doors. 

Paranoia or justified ?

I think a bit of both with everything going on at the moment, sometimes you only need to look at someone and they take offence, but the vast majority of people are good people.

Hopefully everything will calm down soon, it's a real shame people are feeling like this just going about their normal business :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Surprised they haven't tried it sooner, the usual go somewhere they know they'll get a reaction, antagonise the locals and play victim when they inevitably get the reaction

Thats not exclusive to either side of the extreme political spectrum. Even worse is it tends to work. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Nothing has been the same since covid, then cost of living crisis and social media plus MSM is a tool being used to create all of this divide between people massive psyop on going

also not long before covid people from countries all over the world where rioting against government's now they are fighting against each other plus throw in some wars, order restored

Edited by whoareyaaa

47 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Well I was partnered at work today with my colleague Ibrahim.

As you might guess, he's a Muslim. A very obvious Muslim with his topi on and his long beard. I don't usually work with him and I did wonder if it was because everyone else was nervous of working with him.

But there was no problems and my round is about as white as you can get in Leicester, though perhaps tellingly, it's white middle-class... upper working class at least.

Life goes on.

Fear is the mind killer.

We’re all human beings and 90%+ of us are basically genuinely good people  just wanting to get on with everyone else, and to help where we can and when it’s needed. 

Good god.Im watching Sky news in Plymouth.

some fat 50 year old goading the Police and falling on his ass at least 3 times.

Lad with his England flag the wrong way around and now trying to break into Poundland.

We really have some classless,clueless idiots.What an embarrassment .

i bet the majority haven’t got a scooby doo what they are protesting/fighting about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I like your stuff @davieG but is this satire?

'get home and lock the doors'....do you live in a down-market 1960s built hotel? 

Eh? I think it's full and valid to feel a bit unsafe right now with everything going on. 

Say the wrong thing to one of these individuals and you'll never know what they might do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Well I was partnered at work today with my colleague Ibrahim.

As you might guess, he's a Muslim. A very obvious Muslim with his topi on and his long beard. I don't usually work with him and I did wonder if it was because everyone else was nervous of working with him.

But there was no problems and my round is about as white as you can get in Leicester, though perhaps tellingly, it's white middle-class... upper working class at least.

Life goes on.

Fear is the mind killer.

Forgive me if I've got the wrong person but you're a postie, right? Were you partnered with him for his safety? Or is it just something that's done every now and then? 

I think Britain is to pretty much immediately stop issuing licences for export of anything considered weaponry to Israel.

not a surprise. Won’t make much difference because not much heads there from here. but it’s certainly symbolic. It reflects updated legal advice.  I would have thought that a ban on licences for ‘offensive weapons’ would have been a better decision. 

I wonder if we end up in a war, we might find that Israel won’t sell us the most advanced defensive weapons available that we might like to buy …..

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Kicking off in Alum Rock Birmingham apparently.

NOT a place the EDL boys should venture if they had even half a brain cell.

If it escalates there  it will get proper messy.

Looks like it’s kicking off badly in Birmingham. Doesn’t seem to be any police around though????

3 minutes ago, Soar Fox said:

Looks like it’s kicking off badly in Birmingham. Doesn’t seem to be any police around though????

You won't be seeing it mainstream news either

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That's definitely him, isn't it..

Am sure Plymouth will just have a word with him and slap him on the wrist..

Currently hiding upstairs while my wife gets cross with my father in law who has apparently just declared that the country is "full". Not quite as dramatic as when she called him a c*** for his climate change denialism, but I'm staying out of it. 

I'm not suggesting people take sides in this but for context this man was telling us earlier about the protracted eBay spat he'd gotten into with a seller who hadn't sent him the "disc" he'd ordered when it was perfectly clear from all of the correspondence that it was a digital download that he was buying, and this it not his fault and there's no way he's apologising for the negative feedback he's given out

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Soar Fox said:

If govt officials don’t condemn thuggery wherever it occurs and whoever is responsible then they’ll Just feed the conspiracy theories on the right 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daggers said:

20240805_222039.jpg

I figure the point here is to demonstrate the disparity of Reform voters along with the general disgust in these actions, but it’s a bit of a vague question. Why should the sentences be harsher? (Or more lenient?)

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If govt officials don’t condemn thuggery wherever it occurs and whoever is responsible then they’ll Just feed the conspiracy theories on the right 

I think that's partly what they're counting on and it will work. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MPH said:

so what exactly is a normal punishment for rioting as opposed  to a harsh punishment for rioting?

Normal= throw them off a cliff.

Harsh= make them watch enzoball For life in a cell.

I joke of course. So much hate, unease in the world right now we could all use with some good, happy news.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Some pretty horrible videos coming out of Birmingham now. 

Really?  Any showing smashing up or burning of shops? Or religious centres/schools/hotels attacked? Not seen any.

Just people coming out to defend their community from a  far right threat to show up.

• Like 3