Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

A mate of mine is massively into 9/11. Not in a conspiracy sort of way but he went to the memorial last year and it had a profound effect on him, in a way that visiting holocaust museums didn't (I suspect because we're still feeling the impact of 9/11 in real time)

One thing he has said is that he feels that is that a lot of the anger and division, currently, stems back to that. I'm inclined to agree. I was about 12 when it happened. I'd grown up in Leicester and visited a fair few other countries, prior. There didn't feel like the level of mistrust and division that there is now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

How Asian men in a BMW were attacked during violence in Hull. - BBC News

This could be any one of us brownies  next, me, StanSp, Singh....Its fecking disgraceful.

Time for you good decent white folk to stand up against the minority of knuckle draggers.

Told my 15 year old to stay at home as she wanted to go cinema with her mates- sad and worrying times.

Seriously worrying. 

I'm hoping it doesn't filter down south at any time in the next week or so. Perhaps it'll die down and fizzle out after police continue with their arrests and deter people, but I'm also worried it's got to a point where it'll actually carry on and there'll be small pockets of trouble within cities, as opposed to large scale riots. 

Now this might be a bit cynical but whenever there has been trouble caused by Muslims (either individual attackers or groups), there's more often than not calls for 'mosque leaders' or 'community leaders' to come and ask for peace and speak on behalf of Muslims to put a stop to it all. 

Where is that now for the other side? Where are the 'white' religious leaders calling for this peace now? Some may come back and say 'well it's not all the white folk that are bad'. Which pretty much makes the point for the other side too in what a ridiculous thing it is to suggest one mosque or its imam to come out and speak for everyone to represent. That's not the issue! 

If anything, I've seen more Muslim community leaders come out and speak for peace and talks, whereas SYL and Farage, Tice and Anderson just stoke up the hate. As someone said before, I hope that the Muslim community don't fall into the trap further, if at all. They're not the bad guys (and never were in the sad Southport incident either). This division has been stoked up to attack them and make them look bad to empower the far-right. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The whole religious angle misses the point - its not about plans and towers, it's not about mosques, it's skin colour.

If this lot somehow achieved their aim of sending every Muslim somewhere it wouldn't stop. Then they'd be kicking out the other brown people...then the black people...then they'd remember the yellow people...then it'd be the turn of the eastern Europeans and anyone on the LGBGT+ spectrum.

Finally, they'd discover their lives are still shit and they'd been wrong all along.

I stated earlier about the Imans needing to intervene but after reading a couple of the posts after and this one, its bang on nail on the head.

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seriously worrying. 

I'm hoping it doesn't filter down south at any time in the next week or so. Perhaps it'll die down and fizzle out after police continue with their arrests and deter people, but I'm also worried it's got to a point where it'll actually carry on and there'll be small pockets of trouble within cities, as opposed to large scale riots. 

Now this might be a bit cynical but whenever there has been trouble caused by Muslims (either individual attackers or groups), there's more often than not calls for 'mosque leaders' or 'community leaders' to come and ask for peace and speak on behalf of Muslims to put a stop to it all. 

Where is that now for the other side? Where are the 'white' religious leaders calling for this peace now? Some may come back and say 'well it's not all the white folk that are bad'. Which pretty much makes the point for the other side too in what a ridiculous thing it is to suggest one mosque or its imam to come out and speak for everyone to represent. That's not the issue! 

If anything, I've seen more Muslim community leaders come out and speak for peace and talks, whereas SYL and Farage, Tice and Anderson just stoke up the hate. As someone said before, I hope that the Muslim community don't fall into the trap further, if at all. They're not the bad guys (and never were in the sad Southport incident either). This division has been stoked up to attack them and make them look bad to empower the far-right. 

There is no 'white community' and therefore no white religious/community leaders in the UK. 

• Like 2

I’ve never had a Twitter/X account but I genuinely struggle to understand why most of its clientele have stayed there and not migrated to another platform since Musk released the hounds.

3 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

anyone else worried this is going to permeate into the football in the coming weeks? 

Alcohol, cocaine, football, nice weather- what could possibly go wrong...

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

There is no 'white community' and therefore no white religious/community leaders in the UK. 

This is my point really - it shouldn't actually need anyone to come out and make a statement. 

But there's always one side asking for Muslim community leaders to come out and say something. As if all of those speak for the radicalised Muslims (they don't and shouldn't). 

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

anyone else worried this is going to permeate into the football in the coming weeks? 

I think it may well do. To the extent of even being a bit hesitant about going to the training session today. 

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

thought about this earlier, drink/drug fuelled football "fans" staying out looking for trouble after games perhaps 

9 minutes ago, kenny said:

Nice weather?

Most of this wouldn't be going if it was p1ssing it down or freezing- They would be sat at home watching Homes under the hammer.

Sun= Booze...agro- Its not rocket science

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Seriously worrying. 

Flat-roof pub landlords.

Why do these absolute goons that are rioting insist on bouncing about? I've noticed football hooligans and chavs do it too when they sense or create aggro. Watch the footage. 

Sorry, but there’s already a well established Venn diagram for football fans and thick-as-pigshit, dregs-of-society.

These kind of attitudes have already permeated football just because of the type of people the sport attracts, they’ll just feel more emboldened.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think that's a bit of an over reaction with the greatest of respects. 

The training session will basically be a kids summer camp, as family friendly as you could hope for.

I really hope it is, I'm just not sure what will potentially happen as they are just looking for an excuse. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

The whole religious angle misses the point - its not about plans and towers, it's not about mosques, it's skin colour.

If this lot somehow achieved their aim of sending every Muslim somewhere it wouldn't stop. Then they'd be kicking out the other brown people...then the black people...then they'd remember the yellow people...then it'd be the turn of the eastern Europeans and anyone on the LGBGT+ spectrum.

Finally, they'd discover their lives are still shit and they'd been wrong all along.

You forgot the Scots, Welsh, and Irish.

It always seems to me to be a particularly English trait.