Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I really hope it is, I'm just not sure what will potentially happen as they are just looking for an excuse. 

I'd be absolutely astonished and dissappointed if theres any trouble at the open training session. Fear not, in any case, there will be 1,500 showsec's in yellow jackets to keep 200 kids at bay from a pitch invasion - so you're safe. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Why do these absolute goons that are rioting insist on bouncing about? I've noticed football hooligans and chavs do it too when they sense or create aggro. Watch the footage. 

I assume it’s the effects of adrenaline pumping through their veins.

The blood literally draining from their rational neo cortex brain and going into their arms and legs causing them to bounce around ready for a fight (or flight/run away)

• Haha 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who's "they"? I'm not sure what you're inferring will happen?

"they" as in the same type of drug fulled, nothing better to do type which we've all seen on various different platforms. 

Thought that was pretty obviously but I guess not. 

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

A mate of mine is massively into 9/11. Not in a conspiracy sort of way but he went to the memorial last year and it had a profound effect on him, in a way that visiting holocaust museums didn't (I suspect because we're still feeling the impact of 9/11 in real time)

One thing he has said is that he feels that is that a lot of the anger and division, currently, stems back to that. I'm inclined to agree. I was about 12 when it happened. I'd grown up in Leicester and visited a fair few other countries, prior. There didn't feel like the level of mistrust and division that there is now. 

I think it's a fair point.  I'm watching 'Turning Point - The War on Terror' on Netflix at the moment (there's also one about the Cold War which I thought was very good).  As soon as 9/11 happened, the game changed in a big way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

"they" as in the same type of drug fulled, nothing better to do type which we've all seen on various different platforms. 

On a Tuesday afternoon to a ticketed training session? Like I say I think you're worrying needlessly. 

• Like 2

All I can say, everyone is keep recording those fools that are rioting, damaging innocent property and you absolutely must must must record the racist violence too. The police are also recording lots of footage.  Hopefully they’ll have their day in court. They are still arresting people who were involved in the Jan 6th riots here in the states. So don’t give up on the police. The next step, of course is that the army will get called in. And they won’t mess about. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

25 minutes ago, hejammy said:

There won’t be any trouble whatsoever at a club event essentially for kids 

This all seems quite detached from down here in leafy Herts - we tend to keep our scrotes locked up in a small area of the city and they can’t afford to travel out of it.  (That’s a joke btw).   Even where I work in borehamwood - one of the most deprived parts of the county, there hasn’t been anything at all. 

Would it be too much of a generalisation to say that the trouble has tended to be where there is either a big reform vote or a large immigrant community.  the immigrant communities are not responsible so that must equate to trouble makers being brought into the area.  Those areas with a big reform vote are those same areas where there was a large brexit vote.  These people complain that they aren’t being listened to - yet the largest political decision of the last 50 years was made by them in 2016.  Perhaps they can point us to the sunlit uplands which are a consequence of them being listened to back then ??

The 2 arrested in Leicester have been named and charged. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/two-charged-after-leicester-protests-9461782

I sit here writing this in a place that I know I won't be targetted by this, but if misinformation causes stuff like communities coming out to defend their streets like in Bolton or Birmingham, whilst understandable it will cause more misinformation by the right wing morons who make up stuff, like the claim a muslim stabbed someone in Stoke or this bull about their being a "Muslim Defence League." 

I think the police said it yesterday, and I bet it becomes a larger note, these counter protesters are not helping because it splits resources and makes it harder when they have to do investigations. Last night in Plymouth you saw loads of people on both sides of the road on Sky News masked up. If you are there to protest against racism or fascism, why hide your face unless you have some other motive? 

• Like 1

Iran and Jordan issued a notice to airmen saying "might want to avoid our airspace" until 10pm tonight.  Just what the Middle East needs is more missiles being slung around.

Think Mr Musk needs to be quiet more on this situation in the UK, and focus on ensuring his X brand tries to stop online hate, misinformation etc..

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Iran and Jordan issued a notice to airmen saying "might want to avoid our airspace" until 10pm tonight.  Just what the Middle East needs is more missiles being slung around.

This is happening each day now.  Yesterday, Jordan advised usa and Iran that their airspace should not be violated.  In April they allowed the USA, France and U.K. to shoot down the drones and missiles over their airspace. It’s possible that they even intervened themselves.  Egypt also came out and commented that they would not allow any use of their airspace. This will make the usa and Israel’s task of intercepting objects fired from Iran and Iraq almost impossible as they won’t be able to engage until they have actually crossed the river Jordan.  Debris would also then be falling across more populated areas than Jordanian deserts. 

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You forgot the Scots, Welsh, and Irish.

It always seems to me to be a particularly English trait.

There are anti Catholic marches in Glasgow every year 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

It's grandstanding I think. 

Lebanon and Israel is the same. Israel knows right now they have US backing, so are able to prod and poke stronger than Lebanon knowing the US will help them. 

30 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

The 2 arrested in Leicester have been named and charged. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/two-charged-after-leicester-protests-9461782

I sit here writing this in a place that I know I won't be targetted by this, but if misinformation causes stuff like communities coming out to defend their streets like in Bolton or Birmingham, whilst understandable it will cause more misinformation by the right wing morons who make up stuff, like the claim a muslim stabbed someone in Stoke or this bull about their being a "Muslim Defence League." 

I think the police said it yesterday, and I bet it becomes a larger note, these counter protesters are not helping because it splits resources and makes it harder when they have to do investigations. Last night in Plymouth you saw loads of people on both sides of the road on Sky News masked up. If you are there to protest against racism or fascism, why hide your face unless you have some other motive? 

One of the cretins is from Bushby- Literally a 5  minute walk from me and near where my 11 year old lad went playing with some of his(white) friends?

So will "cretin" have a go at "Brownies" who he lives near  or will he wind his neck in when he's not with his bredren?

38 minutes ago, Raj said:

One of the cretins is from Bushby- Literally a 5  minute walk from me and near where my 11 year old lad went playing with some of his(white) friends?

So will "cretin" have a go at "Brownies" who he lives near  or will he wind his neck in when he's not with his bredren?

Sounds like you're in a dodgy area Raj, time to move out!!

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29706765/shocking-footage-gang-palestinian-flags-punch-man-kick-head/amp/

Barely getting a mention on the TV neither is it being headlined on any major news site, just a few generic words in articles further down the pecking order. 

Commented on this earlier - we don’t have any context as to whether the guy attacked had done anything to provoke them ???

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Commented on this earlier - we don’t have any context as to whether the guy attacked had done anything to provoke them ???

Neither do we have context as to what promoted the guy to go/stay outside.

Smart person would’ve stayed indoors but the resulting attack is just sickening. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29706765/shocking-footage-gang-palestinian-flags-punch-man-kick-head/amp/

Barely getting a mention on the TV neither is it being headlined on any major news site, just a few generic words in articles further down the pecking order. 

This is a classic example of whataboutism. 

We denounce all violence. Remember the more extreme Muslim groups are also far-right in nature. Extreme conservatism melts brains. Being more liberal is better for your mental health and better for others mental health.

• Like 4