Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29706765/shocking-footage-gang-palestinian-flags-punch-man-kick-head/amp/

Barely getting a mention on the TV neither is it being headlined on any major news site, just a few generic words in articles further down the pecking order. 

They're both wrong, that goes without saying. But if a corner shop and the Bank of England both got robbed on the same day, would you expect them to appear side by side on the front pages the next day? They are reporting it, you're just upset it's not being equated with trying to burn down hotels.

Incidentally the BBC report of this incident mentions that when it was reported that the perpetrators were Muslim, representatives from the local mosque visited the pub, apologised and offered to pay for the damage.

Hopefully the right wing groups have been doing the same?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They're both wrong, that goes without saying. But if a corner shop and the Bank of England both got robbed on the same day, would you expect them to appear side by side on the front pages the next day? They are reporting it, you're just upset it's not being equated with trying to burn down hotels.

Incidentally the BBC report of this incident mentions that when it was reported that the perpetrators were Muslim, representatives from the local mosque visited the pub, apologised and offered to pay for the damage.

Hopefully the right wing groups have been doing the same?

Take a breath. 

Nice bit of presumption and exaggeration in bold 👍🏼

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Seriously worrying. 

I'm hoping it doesn't filter down south at any time in the next week or so. Perhaps it'll die down and fizzle out after police continue with their arrests and deter people, but I'm also worried it's got to a point where it'll actually carry on and there'll be small pockets of trouble within cities, as opposed to large scale riots. 

Now this might be a bit cynical but whenever there has been trouble caused by Muslims (either individual attackers or groups), there's more often than not calls for 'mosque leaders' or 'community leaders' to come and ask for peace and speak on behalf of Muslims to put a stop to it all. 

Where is that now for the other side? Where are the 'white' religious leaders calling for this peace now? Some may come back and say 'well it's not all the white folk that are bad'. Which pretty much makes the point for the other side too in what a ridiculous thing it is to suggest one mosque or its imam to come out and speak for everyone to represent. That's not the issue! 

If anything, I've seen more Muslim community leaders come out and speak for peace and talks, whereas SYL and Farage, Tice and Anderson just stoke up the hate. As someone said before, I hope that the Muslim community don't fall into the trap further, if at all. They're not the bad guys (and never were in the sad Southport incident either). This division has been stoked up to attack them and make them look bad to empower the far-right. 

You're bedford based aren't you 

Apparently they went for Yardley immigration centre? (Not sure what they'd achieve from seeing how miserable immigrants lives inside there are 

And they might head for Queens park on weds 

Surprised there isn't any noise from luton

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Assaulted a police officer but denied being part of violent disorder lol

Yet more evidence that the British far-right are the thickest far-right in the world. And the far-right more generally are the missing link in evolution between apes and humans, so being the thickest among them is like being the fattest person at Slimming World.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, westernpark said:

If Disorder carries on, does the football get postponed this week?

I doubt it. 

13 minutes ago, polarbear said:

You're bedford based aren't you 

Apparently they went for Yardley immigration centre? (Not sure what they'd achieve from seeing how miserable immigrants lives inside there are 

And they might head for Queens park on weds 

Surprised there isn't any noise from luton

Yeah I've heard about the QP stuff. 

They don't dare go near Luton lol

Not sure about Yarls's Wood. It's a bit out in the sticks as opposed to in a town centre, so not worth their hassle lol

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Probably hoping that gives them something else to do. 

It will depend how stretched the police are surely? 

With Sky reporting there may be 30 demonstrations tomorrow and that may stretch the police, the Palestine march in London on Saturday and then add Millwall and QPR both being at home, they will drop the football to cover gaps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raj said:

Most of this wouldn't be going if it was p1ssing it down or freezing- They would be sat at home watching Homes under the hammer.

Sun= Booze...agro- Its not rocket science

Chucking bricks at the screen every time Dion Dublin appeared.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Assaulted a police officer but denied being part of violent disorder lol

My initial reaction is this probably true in regards to the protest. 

I'm pretty sure Blackpool had the quite extensive local homeless spice heads joining in because it looked fun without having any idea what the **** was going on. 

32 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

It will depend how stretched the police are surely? 

With Sky reporting there may be 30 demonstrations tomorrow and that may stretch the police, the Palestine march in London on Saturday and then add Millwall and QPR both being at home, they will drop the football to cover gaps.

Yeah didn't think of it like that to be fair. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Musk now sueing companies that boycott advertsising on Twitter for lost revenue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/06/technology/x-antitrust-suit-advertisers-elon-musk.html?unlocked_article_code=1.A04.iwoh.jMOxsiqoY_zG&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

In other news....I am off to sue Margot Robbie for not marrying me.

Mr. Freedom suing when people do what they want again? 

• Like 1

Good grief, just seen the Stephen Nolan interview on X with a member of the Belfast public. 

Unbelievable, I'd like to think someone from his circe of friends has had a word, but I'm guessing they all have the same views.