Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

At what point did I say they should talk to them and if they don't they should keep going? lol

I think parliament should be called and parliament should discuss things. Its quite simple. 

The idiots running around battering a Greggs window havent got anything to give up bar free gingerbread men and yes I think they should give them up like any sane person. 

If we recall parliament, you’ll just have Lee Anderson yawping “two tier Keir” a million times on his grift. There’s zero point, let the police do their work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

You brought up talks several times, mentioning first that it would rapidly de-escalate things, the obvious implication being that it won't de-escalate if they don't do talks. So if it's not justified either way why couldn't you just say they have to stop?

And this is far more serious than idiots battering a Greggs, and you know it.

Do you not want de-esculation? Because I do. I want it to stop. I dont want to feel threatened because 'I'm not from here'. How else do you suggest they stop it? 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If we recall parliament, you’ll just have Lee Anderson yawping “two tier Keir” a million times on his grift. There’s zero point, let the police do their work. 

Nothing has to come of the talks just act like you're having them. 

20 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Talks about the issues at hand. Instead of pouring gasoline on the fire, starve it of oxygen. He's refused to call parliament to discuss it. Why? 

They want the divide. 

If you recall Parliament, or sit down to talk with Tommy Robinson and co., then you're demonstrating that destruction is the way to the negotiating table. The PM is trying to demonstrate that people aren't going to spring to action just because you bully minorities and smash up a few town centres. If he did, it would be a spectacular show of weakness. Anyone vaguely informed on the issue must be aware that dealing with this problem is going to require a long-term strategy rather than panicky populist gestures. And a few years in power, let alone a month, isn't long enough to implement anything.

But what about the Muslim riots that might follow if we did sit down with these people? When Muslim protesters brick a few church windows and blow up another concert hall, will that be time to sit down and have a sensible head-to-head with their extremists? Was it the last time? As a general rule, sensible politicians don't readily negotiate with terrorists until they are ready to stop being terrorists.

And what do you think might be a set of constructive, practical measures that we could take to deal with these people's concerns? If you want to sit down and talk things over, you need some ideas that might actually work. But I doubt there'll be many of them among the shards of glass and burning buildings tomorrow night.

7 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

If you recall Parliament, or sit down to talk with Tommy Robinson and co., then you're demonstrating that destruction is the way to the negotiating table. The PM is trying to demonstrate that people aren't going to spring to action just because you bully minorities and smash up a few town centres. If he did, it would be a spectacular show of weakness. Anyone vaguely informed on the issue must be aware that dealing with this problem is going to require a long-term strategy rather than panicky populist gestures. And a few years in power, let alone a month, isn't long enough to implement anything.

But what about the Muslim riots that might follow if we did sit down with these people? When Muslim protesters brick a few church windows and blow up another concert hall, will that be time to sit down and have a sensible head-to-head with their extremists? Was it the last time? As a general rule, sensible politicians don't readily negotiate with terrorists until they are ready to stop being terrorists.

And what do you think might be a set of constructive, practical measures that we could take to deal with these people's concerns? If you want to sit down and talk things over, you need some ideas that might actually work. But I doubt there'll be many of them among the shards of glass and burning buildings tomorrow night.

I'm not saying bring Tommy Robinson in, I havent suggested that at any point. I'm suggesting that mp's go into parliament and have a discussion. 

You're right long term education and planning is needed. But we also need a something the put the fire out and not stir it up further. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not saying bring Tommy Robinson in, I havent suggested that at any point. I'm suggesting that mp's go into parliament and have a discussion. 

You're right long term education and planning is needed. But we also need a something the put the fire out and not stir it up further. 

Do you think recalling parliament would put the fire out? It's hard to imagine, considering some of the inflammatory language that's been used by certain MPs recently. And, like I say, what - practically - do you think they'd be able to thrash out in a parliamentary session?

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Do you think recalling parliament would put the fire out? It's hard to imagine, considering some of the inflammatory language that's been used by certain MPs recently. And, like I say, what - practically - do you think they'd be able to thrash out in a parliamentary session?

I dont belive they need to come to an actual conclusion. Just start dialogue on the topic. It'll appease the less extreme enough. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Re Elon Musk:

Aside from all the anti-Starmer shite he's been peddling, he's also been bigging up the apparent fact that X/Twitter is now the number one source of news in the UK.

Now, I'm not a conspiracy nut, but it's occurred to me that since time immemorial most news is bad news. It attracts way more attention than positive news stories.

With that in mind, as the owner of X/Twitter, Musk has a vested financial interest in keeping as many eyes on his platform as possible. Could stoking the fire as he has been doing just be another attempt at increasing his already obscenely vast wealth?

Let's also take into account that, hopefully, this Labour government will attempt to extract more tax from the extremely wealthy in our society. It's absolutely no surprise that Musk is anti-Starmer.

How many powerful media moguls have been to the left of centre? Certainly not Rothermere, Murdoch, and now Musk.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont belive they need to come to an actual conclusion. Just start dialogue on the topic. It'll appease the less extreme enough. 

It seems to me that parliament has barely discussed anything other than immigration for the last 5 years, further discussion will only appease this lot if Starmer was to announce the immediate deportation of all Muslims.

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

In my daily life, I see British Muslims far more ‘integrated’ (whatever that means) these days compared to 10 to 20 years ago. I have Muslim colleagues in the office that are sound, I see Muslims on my countryside walks, I see them watching cricket and supporting football teams. In fact my biggest gripe is that most Muslim lads I know support the rich teams rather than their local teams. Disgusting. 

Immigration levels are unsustainable (we all know that) and we need to develop our economic model in a way that doesn’t have to rely on migration from abroad, but the integration question is a red herring. We are far better than at any point in the past. 

:appl:

Edited by PAULCFC

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Do the Muslim community really believe that the EDL are in bed with zionists ?? 
Robinson likes to attach himself to the Jewish community and pro Israel groups but he is continually knocked back by organisers and told he isn’t welcome. He comes from a political space where Jews have been traditionally despised. 

if the Muslims think that the EDL protests are being manipulated by supporters of Israel (not to say that there aren’t isolated cases) then they’re as deluded as those on the right who have been protesting this week on the back of social media lies.  

Who is Luqman ?

Throw the book at them. Make a statement that this sh1t is not what the county is about. The idea of England going back to Alfred the Great is being pissed on. All involved are nothing but a waste of oxygen and I hope they lose everything they have. 

Edited by casablancas