Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Also in the news

58 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe that's true to some extent. But I remember David Blunkett's crusade against the asylum seekers "swamping" the UK, and the attacks on EU migrants in the early years of the coalition government.

I think maybe it seemed better in the past exactly because people accepted it more. 

Appreciate I'm probably looking at things through rose-tinted glasses, but I can't remember a time  (Oldham/Bradford in the early 2000s being the possible exception?) when mobs were doing the kind of stuff we've seen in the past few days, purely with racist motivation.

Fvck knows, but I'm genuinely worried for non-white mates and their families tonight, and I've never felt that way before.

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Appreciate I'm probably looking at things through rose-tinted glasses, but I can't remember a time  (Oldham/Bradford in the early 2000s being the possible exception?) when mobs were doing the kind of stuff we've seen in the past few days, purely with racist motivation.

Fvck knows, but I'm genuinely worried for non-white mates and their families tonight, and I've never felt that way before.

Oh yeah definitely I agree that the violence these last few days is worse than anything I've seen. I was talking about racism "not being acceptable" when we were growing up which I disagree with. 

But certainly this is something that feels quite new and extremely disturbing.

• Like 1

Thankfully not in the UK but this hits deep for me as I am of mixed race and a visible minority. My brother is in England and I am worried about him, my neice and nephew who are visible minorities as well. 

My brother is incredibly strong but that means nothing when 100+ racist nutters can pull you out of a car and stomp on you.

What exactly is the government doing to help minorities feel safe? The threat of jail isn't going to stop people so unless you get more boots on the ground nothing will change.

Bunch of thick cvnts!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Saw a great suggestion earlier. If these hooligans do anything violent or make racist gestures, then the police spray them with that blue security dye. Then, if any of them turn up to work this week looking like a smurf, they should be instantly sacked. 

They should be arrested, however long that takes.  Get them all in jail.

Saw a great suggestion earlier. If these hooligans do anything violent or make racist gestures, then the police spray them with that blue security dye. Then, if any of them turn up to work this week looking like a smurf, they should be instantly sacked. 

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Thankfully not in the UK but this hits deep for me as I am of mixed race and a visible minority. My brother is in England and I am worried about him, my neice and nephew who are visible minorities as well. 

My brother is incredibly strong but that means nothing when 100+ racist nutters can pull you out of a car and stomp on you.

What exactly is the government doing to help minorities feel safe? The threat of jail isn't going to stop people so unless you get more boots on the ground nothing will change.

Bunch of thick cvnts!

Oh, it will do; coppers are out there every day currently kicking in doors of people who have been identified as taking part in any trouble. When word gets around your casual louts will soon get back inside. When the numbers go, your proper scummy lot won't have the numbers and will also slink away back to their little holes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

There isn't any space. 

In fact we're probably releasing some new ones to join in because of an horrific lack of investment in any infrastructure for decades. 

4 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’m out of the country at the moment, first time I’ve started seriously looking at property abroad. Sickening watching violent thugs drag down my home

Me too. Have been thinking and looking at it for the last year but fast track is now definitely the plan

40 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

There isn't any space. 

In fact we're probably releasing some new ones to join in because of an horrific lack of investment in any infrastructure for decades. 

They will be releasing loads of people to make more room. It was only 4 weeks ago they basically said they are full. 

58 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

There isn't any space. 

There might be if ......

A prisoner who has served almost five times his original sentence for a laptop robbery still has no prospect of being released.

Abdullahi Suleman, 41, from Cardiff, is still in prison after being handed an Imprisonment for Public Protection, external (IPP) sentence in 2005.

These were handed out between 2005 and 2012 to try and keep the most dangerous criminals behind bars, but scrapped after criticism, such as the fact less serious offenders were getting caught up in the provision.

Suleman is one of the 2,734 prisoners who remain incarcerated after receiving an IPP sentence - 1,132 of whom have never been released, according to the latest data, external.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Whilst I expect Starmer to help deliver the right framework to enact justice on these thugs, social media and especially Twitter must be clamped down upon, if he wants a suitable legacy from this vile display of right wing aggression. 
I see people on here claiming such and such about social media being quite frankly horrid over the last few days, as someone who doesn’t have any form of social media (except Foxes Talk and Untappd), get off it! Your life will be better for it.

While I agree it can be an absolute cesspit, you seem to be able to get a lot more information about things that mainstream news. 

The sad part about social media (especially X) is the sheer amount of bots (Russian?) that have infiltrated it and been able to inspire and dictate what happens on our streets... 

• Like 2