Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

With our opening game just over two weeks away.

Not sure if it’s just me who is starting to panic about our lack of starting 11 signings?

Surely we need to announce a new CM (KDH replacement) in the next couple of days to integrate them into the squad?

• Like 3

I like to think that I am a rationale fan (most of the time) but I can’t think that any of our signings vastly improve our starting 11.

Then you take into account we’ve lost last seasons’ Player of the Season and biggest link is that of a 32 (33 next month) Ayew.

Worrying times even for the biggest fan of Top and co.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Not sure if it’s just me who is starting to panic

No it's not just you.

Not enough being done to make the necessary improvements to the squad. Unfortunately I see a long hard season ahead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Seem to remember a lot of hysteria and panic last pre season, we started the season with the rained off pre season tour In Thailand with wanya and Kasey starting the season on the wings but it all came together.

Not so much of an issue when you're moving down a division. Fairly significant if you're going up a division. 

When all our direct competitors have strengthened fairly well, our meandering approach is a huge concern. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trooky said:

It's a wasted opportunity, with only 2 weeks until the season starts and we haven't strengthened the squad sufficiently yet. 

IMO it's better to get your business done early so you have maximum time to prepare for the opening games.

It's too early to panic, but it's so frustrating following Leicester recently.

Perhaps panic is the wrong terminology and frustration with the wasted opportunity as you rightly put is the better way to describe our current reality.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Seem to remember a lot of hysteria and panic last pre season, we started the season with the rained off pre season tour In Thailand with wanya and Kasey starting the season on the wings but it all came together.

Obviously you would like to get your business done early but that isn't always realistic and I honestly think we are a player or two shy of having a competitive side (in terms of staying up). Like most of you I am not totally happy with where we are but the message board has more or less been in a constant state of panic for about the last 3 years and to be honest I find it a bit boring.

A player or two shy? We relied on KDH as our only 8 so need at least 2 CM’s.

Plus a CF who actually scores goals or at the least the opposite of Daka and holds the ball up.

As for the bit boring comment, you could say that the most obvious decline in the three year period that you referenced was like a slow motion car crash, so surely a justified thought process?

Just now, Stopharage said:

Not so much of an issue when you're moving down a division. Fairly significant if you're going up a division. 

When all our direct competitors have strengthened fairly well, our meandering approach is a huge concern. 

Not how people saw it at the time. To be honest we wouldn't have got promoted without signing mavidivi and fatawu and they both came quite late in the window. Let's judge the window at the end of it.

33 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

With our opening game just over two weeks away.

Not sure if it’s just me who is starting to panic about our lack of starting 11 signings?

Surely we need to announce a new CM (KDH replacement) in the next couple of days to integrate them into the squad?

Another fine example of some cracking foxes talk logic. 

• Like 1

Never in a month of Sunday's does this current squad survive in the Premier League.

We need some quality, and sharpish.

Have we actually signed one player who we truly believe has improved the starting line up? (Don't say Fatawu as that was a done deal months ago)

The only time to panic is when you’re at fosse park, and you’ve gone to let out a cheeky fart, and it backfires, you’re touching cloth and you’re some distance from the toilet, the other half has been reeled in by a curry’s sales person and is tying to sell them a shark hand held small hoover. 

Thats a time to panic. 

• Haha 1

I’m very worried because:

we still haven’t signed a striker so left with the same ones we had when relegated

we still haven’t signed a midfielder to replace our best player

todays team is the same defence that was absolutely useless when we got relegated (less ward)

Never mind the points deduction coming things ain’t looking great right now 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

This thread will quickly descend into two camps and become an argument about whether you’re a proper fan or panic merchant.

Before it does… My feeling is that it’s difficult to feel positive about our great club right now.

We seem to have no long term vision / plan / leadership, and take the easy low effort route all too often.

To appoint the most local out of work football manager after weeks of delay seems to summarise our lacklustre business. 

With little early transfer activity, the players are back to training and have burnt through the friendlies without any obvious first team signing being made.

We’ve only signed players in our strongest positions, have a weaker squad than we had in the league below… it’s difficult to be positive right now - expressing that will be seen as panic by some. For me it’s just another example of the grinding under-performance of our Board. 

Firstly, a great post.

Secondly, I didn’t post my concerns to create a debate about what type of supporter everyone is, you’re sadly right that you get labeled for even muttering a different thought process on here it seems.

I just wanted to see if I was being OTT with my concerns and perhaps panic is a bit extreme but the direction of our club is definitely cause for concern in my eyes.

For the record, I’d love to be proven wrong just can’t get at all excited for this season with our signings so far, match day ticket hikes and charging to watch pre-season “training sessions” etc.