Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Well - our academy will be getting tested at this rate.

Who knows - could that end up being a blessing disguise? 

Pre season training for 25/26 getting them all first team game time for our promotion push! 

One little thought is just imagine how much worse it would have been had we not been promoted if they’ve ****ed it up this badly with the new sponsorship, prem TV money etc etc at their disposal. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

At this point looking at the utter incompetence of Rudkin and our batshit crazy approach to recruitment and the relative strength of every other team in the division I would just abandon any hope of staying up this season and focus on a clean break next season using parachute money to bring in strong champ level players, to complement Braybrooke, Alves, Nelson and Stolarczyk and try and get the supporters excited and engaged with the club again. Don’t saddle us with more shite this season we won’t be able to shift and won’t want to be here next. it’s a fools errand and our squad is already saturated with people who will want to **** off when we are relegated. No more please. 

Make no mistake we won’t be this seasons Sheffield United, we will be significantly worse than that. Buckle in for 9 months of being laughed at with in particular Ipswich, Forest and Southampton fans taking the absolute piss out of us . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Sankey93 said:

We’re doomed. Weaker squad than last year and they don’t care one bit we’re going straight back down!

It’s significantly weaker as well.

It’s basically a reserve side for the team that went down. 

We’ve lost Iheanacho, Praet and KDH, would have a chance of starting.

Looking at who’s left from the relegated team and last season, we’d have Barnes, Maddison, Castagne, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Perez, Mendy. Not Amartey though, he was horrendous! 

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Not only frustrated with our pre-season (on and off the field) but after Cooper saying how much we needed quality added to our squad yet we get this lame 3rd launch PR 🙈

IMG_2531.jpeg

Probably were hoping to announce a new signing holding it

I hit the panic button as soon as our promotion was guaranteed.

It was clear halfway through last season that things weren't going to go well this year, regardless of the league we found ourselves in.

The club is in a mess, bigger than any other club in the premier league, due to our size and income and the PSR mess. We'd already sold out better players due to relegation and then sold another to balance the books again for this year. We have no real financial power to bring anyone half decent in and out transfer strategy the last few years shows that we have no real way of finding hidden gems like we used to. We're stuck trying to get anyone we can in. I wouldn't mind, but on paper we're only a striker short of having a half decent chance, but seeing what we have in pre season, 1 fit striker on the books who has seen about 19 seconds on football in that pre season and having created very, very little going forward anyway, that even prime Ronaldo ( Brazilian or Portuguese) would struggle to score in this team, we're in for a very long season and right now our aim should be just getting to 12 points to avoid the unwanted Derby County record 

This was always coming once we knew of a pts deduction..

this season was a case of taking our medicine..relegation and hopefully be in a better position to come back..

im surprised we’ve done and linked with  as much business as we have tbh..

who would want to come here anyway ?

We are Leicester city..nothing ever done the easy way…

I hope the Trust are going to ask the Club for a dossier on what Dufkin and the Recruitment Team have been doing since the day our promotion was confirmed. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

1 signing in the last 36 days and that was a loan for a kid.

Absolute f***king joke of a club.

15 days left until the window closes and we probably need at least 4-5 deals doing minimum? F***king no chance.

While we know the need for 4 - 5 players recruited, we also need to factor in the likely same number of players sold/ sent out on loan. With two weeks left the mind boggles, that’s a whole summer’s worth of work. 

I think we will still sign 3-4 players on loan from the top 10 clubs in the league. The problem is they will be the scraps that other clubs don't want, e.g. I could see Casadei back here.

Even such signings could make a difference, but them not being here for preseason is a big blow and will cost us points.

For me the way to stay up was to have a great system that the team was familiar with, which would mean that a team with a worse squad than those around them could punch above their weight. If Ipswich survive, that will the way they do it. Sadly I feel like we will end up with a poor squad who don't have a familiar system, and will have many young players instead of veterans who know what it takes to survive in the league. And with such a squad, the end result is fairly predictable.

It goes without saying I hope I am totally wrong and we somehow find some momentum from nowhere and use it to get some blood and guts into the team.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think we will still sign 3-4 players on loan from the top 10 clubs in the league. The problem is they will be the scraps that other clubs don't want, e.g. I could see Casadei back here.

Even such signings could make a difference, but them not being here for preseason is a big blow and will cost us points.

For me the way to stay up was to have a great system that the team was familiar with, which would mean that a team with a worse squad than those around them could punch above their weight. If Ipswich survive, that will the way they do it. Sadly I feel like we will end up with a poor squad who don't have a familiar system, and will have many young players instead of veterans who know what it takes to survive in the league. And with such a squad, the end result is fairly predictable.

It goes without saying I hope I am totally wrong and we somehow find some momentum from nowhere and use it to get some blood and guts into the team.

Of course I hope you are wrong. But its rare you see teams leave it this late to figure it out and make it work.

It reminds me of that season, all be it they were trying to fight for title, when arsenal went in totally unprepared, thought they could wing it and got battered by united and signed arteta/mertesacker etc. in a panic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

Of course I hope you are wrong. But its rare you see teams leave it this late to figure it out and make it work.

It reminds me of that season, all be it they were trying to fight for title, when arsenal went in totally unprepared, thought they could wing it and got battered by united and signed arteta/mertesacker etc. in a panic.

Good analogy

It’s no guarantee that Ipswich will stay up, but look at their signings!! At least they’ve bought youngish players.

We’ve chucked the towel in and we’ll be in the bottom 3 all season. Perhaps we’ll get a one nil win at home to Southampton!!!

We are going to be utterly embarrassed all season. Just get used to the humiliation and all your mates taking the piss!!