Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I am sorry if we appointed Potter then yes those players would have joined us, but with Cooper no chance!

Not only this but Potter would have had his own targets that were most likely different and therefore probable to get over the line, its a butterfly effect! Seeing no positives of appointing Cooper so far!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Not only this but Potter would have had his own targets that were most likely different and therefore probable to get over the line, its a butterfly effect! Seeing no positives of appointing Cooper so far!

If only Top had the foresight to sack Rudkin and appoint a competent director of football instead of Rudkin to work with Potter (Potter allegedly suggested a change).

• Like 1

The only variable that makes me question our inertia is the 'points noose' that hangs over our heads. How much of the clubs perceived passivity could be levied against their fears that this season will be made meaningless when the Prem hit us with a record deduction. And we are in effect already preparing to be a championship club again. 

I don’t think these would be relegation saving signings but seeing Ipswich get Szmodics, Phillips and Broja at least gives them a chance, with only £10m on actual transfer fees. I know the loans will incur costs but compared its not a lot.

Banners on Monday. Protests on Monday. The fact we’ve seen no repercussions for the calamity that is the PSR issue, Rudkin has been coasting for so so so long, and zero communication from the club, its time.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

If only Top had the foresight to sack Rudkin and appoint a competent director of football instead of Rudkin to work with Potter (Potter allegedly suggested a change).

I think If Enzo was still in charge I think he would have wanted some of them changes being made. There was noise from him that he wanted better footballing operations with the club.

With Enzo going and cooper coming in. It's gone back to being... All is fine when In reality it's nothing but an absolute car crash 

• Like 2

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I think If Enzo was still in charge I think he would have wanted some of them changes being made. There was noise from him that he wanted better footballing operations with the club.

With Enzo going and cooper coming in. It's gone back to being... All is fine when In reality it's nothing but an absolute car crash 

Exactly, we are set up to fail more and more, rinse and repeat, Cooper is the fall guy. But even then I can see Cooper walking.

There is no point in panicking. Calm heads are key. 

Imagine getting to the end of window and finding yourself in a position to sign very good players who are not available at present. 

We are playing poker. It's a risk but it could land us in a very fortunate position, especially when the likes of Ipswich have already spent most of their budget.

• Haha 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Exactly, we are set up to fail more and more, rinse and repeat, Cooper is the fall guy. But even then I can see Cooper walking.

Cooper is absolutely the fall guy but fair credit to him for taking what in all honesty and impossible job.

People saying why would anyone want to play for cooper yet last year or couple years ago at forest they made like 40 signings.

It's not cooper.. it's the board and incompetent director of football. There has been a number of mess ups over the years and they should rightly be targeted but this season it's clear we don't want to spend much and are totally preparing to be a championship club

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

Imagine getting to the end of window and finding yourself in a position to sign very good players who are not available at present. 

We are playing poker. It's a risk but it could land us in a very fortunate position, especially when the likes of Ipswich have already spent most of their budget.

I can see your point, but we are notoriously slow at doing deals and have never been good late in the window…I hope I’m wrong 

4 minutes ago, Micky said:

Do you know who our DOF is?lol

u1xi3mv1oxid1.jpeg?width=832&auto=webp&s

The Athletic do this survey every season.

Nearly 1 in 3 Leicester fans excited for the upcoming season and are full of optimism.

Absolute jokers. The sort that Rudkin, Whelan and Top love to have around.

• Like 2

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

I can see your point, but we are notoriously slow at doing deals and have never been good late in the window…I hope I’m wrong 

We aren't. We are fans in our own bubble who want to believe that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Micky said:

We aren't. We are fans in our own bubble who want to believe that. 

We’ve just seen an example of a player being linked, days go by after a bid has been submitted and then another club seemingly do the deal in 48 hours. 

I’m so positive usually but we’ve been promoted since mid April and it’s Mid August, 4 months to do business before 12pm today and it’s been comical. 

I give Rudkin the benefit of the doubt usually but there can be no doubt here. This window has demonstrated his total ineptness. 

Utterly out of his depth,  kept afloat only by his ego and evident powers of manipulation.   

We have no choice but to make his position at this great club untenable. 

Love Top Hate Rudkin

Edited by Levi Port

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

How different it could all be. Literally everyone can see it. It seems, as with Rodgers, Top always putting friendship first. Lacks any ruthless edge to run a successful football club. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Nobody does.. but why blow &15 million of it on a bang average cb in a position we didn’t need a signing?

how are you defending the club????!

It's a matter of opinion. And that's yours. 

I see other foxestalk members still saying all our CB are

rubbish or too slow and we need another. 

If we didn't make this signing people would be moaning even more with one less player to go with. 

I'm not defending anything just look at our situation.

Newly promoted club with a squad that looks thread bare quality wise at best

Pointx deduction hanging 

And all the issues we have/had financially. 

We are hardly a great proposition for players of the standard some are suddenly expecting us to bring in with it seems like a bottomlesspit of money to do it. 

A sense of realism is lacking by some.

Just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

We’ve just seen an example of a player being linked, days go by after a bid has been submitted and then another club seemingly do the deal in 48 hours. 

Because we aren't going to blow our budget now and limit further spending. Seems sensible.

1 minute ago, Micky said:

Yep. Do you know how many fans and clubs would swap their recent history with us in a heartbeat.

Forget history, think of the present.. history means f**k all now, yes it's nice to reminisce our title win. But right now under the stewardship of Top and Rudkin as our DOF we have regressed big time.

• Like 1