Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

According to Tanner (it was written before the Hlozek fell through):

With two weeks left of the transfer window there is still time for Leicester to find some similar solutions and, while there is concern among the fanbase, and Cooper has expressed his desire — and that of his players — to have reinforcements quickly, there appears to be little panic internally at Leicester — although the clock is ticking.

The belief is this window could explode towards the end, in the final few days, as other clubs look to move players on with their own finances in mind.

Leicester hope to be in the thick of it — and they need to be.

🤣

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5702809/2024/08/16/leicester-city-transfer-window-psr/

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

With two weeks left of the transfer window there is still time for Leicester to find some similar solutions and, while there is concern among the fanbase, and Cooper has expressed his desire — and that of his players — to have reinforcements quickly, there appears to be little panic internally at Leicester — although the clock is ticking.

The belief is this window could explode towards the end, in the final few days, as other clubs look to move players on with their own finances in mind.

🤣

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5702809/2024/08/16/leicester-city-transfer-window-psr/

IF and it’s a big if as it’s coming from Tanner, that this is true, I have never heard something so stupid in my life. Have they learnt nothing from leaving it until last minute?

You’re trying to tell me we are capable of signing 4/5 players in two days let alone the ignorance of being underprepared for a start of a season. 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

🤣

Jesus H Christ. 

really hope spurs put double figures past us on Monday to wake up these morons 

So. Looking at just the credible sources here. 

There's a very real chance we've tried to do deals for Zaha, Ioannidis, Bergwijn, Hlozek, Nelson and Asprilla and we've failed at all of them? 

Great stuff. 

Even being realistic and accepting that it's normal for a football club to have several irons in the fire at once, this is bleak. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

🤣

If that’s true it is utter contempt from the board. We’re hardly an attractive proposition as it is. We get battered at home first game, more than likely the second and we become even more unattractive with a points deduction looming. 

This really is flabbergasting stuff. I see no alternative but to protest Monday night. 

• Like 3

Which Journeyman will we get on loan this time? 

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I see no alternative but to protest Monday night. 

There won't be one for almost certain sadly. We could beat Derby's lowest point record and we would still have half the stadium saying how we should be thankful and grateful because of the miracle achieved 8/9 years ago. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I'm confused as to what people really expected? 

a basic level of competence and not, 16 weeks after confirming promotion, having a weaker squad than the one that went to Preston to win the title 

• Like 4

I can only think that we are in for fairly high level players who are waiting to see all offers before making a decision, but that there will come a point in the final 2-3 days of the window that either the parent club will push the player to leave or the other offers won’t materialise and the player will make a decision to join us. Very high risk strategy IMO

6 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Which Journeyman will we get on loan this time? 

There won't be one for almost certain sadly. We could beat Derby's lowest point record and we would still have half the stadium saying how we should be thankful and grateful because of the miracle achieved 8/9 years ago. 

If this protest did happen it will at least publicise the diabolical way the club has been managed. When this is shown around the world it will highlight what an incompetent shower that is running the club.

Just now, kingpower said:

I can only think that we are in for fairly high level players who are waiting to see all offers before making a decision, but that there will come a point in the final 2-3 days of the window that either the parent club will push the player to leave or the other offers won’t materialise and the player will make a decision to join us. Very high risk strategy IMO

If you were a high level player would you prefer to be managed by Cooper or Potter? Fact is unless we splash the cash we are not a realistic option for these high level players.

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

🤣

And that is the issue! 

They are reactive but not proactive 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If you were a high level player would you prefer to be managed by Cooper or Potter? Fact is unless we splash the cash we are not a realistic option for these high level players.

Don’t underestimate the pull of playing in the Premier League and the wages we can offer. In most cases those factors will always trump who the coach is.

and by high level, I probably mean high ceiling I.e. Under 25  who can improve and who we can sell on for profit further down the line e.g. Hlozek, Fotis, Asprilla, O’Riley etc 

Edited by kingpower

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Why did we pay money for an average CB, when we had a glut of average CBs already on our books? If we have pittance, it needs using wisely. 

And there is the issue. What at our club currently looks wise, strategic and carefully thought out? 

Absolutely nothing. HMS Shambles left port a while ago!

Yeah, that is a head scratcher. If he was a left footed CB then I could kind of understand it but seems a bizarre buy 

10 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I'm confused as to what people really expected? 

Well, some common sense would have been helpful. We have a limited budget. We know and accept that. So why spend (and I’m guessing here) a quarter of it on a centre back when we have loads of centre backs?

I was expecting some logic. 

• Like 2

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

Well, some common sense would have been helpful. We have a limited budget. We know and accept that. So why spend (and I’m guessing here) a quarter of it on a centre back when we have loads of centre backs?

I was expecting some logic. 

Buying a centre back made complete sense as we badly lack quality in that area. Whether Okoli has improved us is another question.

9 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Don’t underestimate the pull of playing in the Premier League and the wages we can offer. In most cases those factors will always trump who the coach is.

and by high level, I probably mean high ceiling I.e. Under 25  who can improve and who we can sell on for profit further down the line e.g. Hlozek, Fotis, Asprilla, O’Riley etc 

I am sorry if we appointed Potter then yes those players would have joined us, but with Cooper no chance!

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Buying a centre back made complete sense as we badly lack quality in that area. Whether Okoli has improved us is another question.

The thing is bar JJ, all of those defenders are or have been internationals. Some at the recent euros. So they aren't all gash. They have proven ability. But does that come together effectively in a blue shirt - perhaps no. But surely a good coach can mould that. Okoli wasn't a priority to me. A CAM was.