Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

11 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I don’t think these would be relegation saving signings but seeing Ipswich get Szmodics, Phillips and Broja at least gives them a chance, with only £10m on actual transfer fees. I know the loans will incur costs but compared its not a lot.

Banners on Monday. Protests on Monday. The fact we’ve seen no repercussions for the calamity that is the PSR issue, Rudkin has been coasting for so so so long, and zero communication from the club, its time.

Banners from the very very small % who want  change will change nothing.

Like it or not 95% of the fan based as a whole will be happy still going ,cheering them on regardless.  Unfortunately the few disgruntled here don't make the majority of the fanbase. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Forget history, think of the present.. history means f**k all now, yes it's nice to reminisce our title win. But right now under the stewardship of Top and Rudkin as our DOF we have regressed big time.

Read that back. It's hilarious.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

The thing is bar JJ, all of those defenders are or have been internationals. Some at the recent euros. So they aren't all gash. They have proven ability. But does that come together effectively in a blue shirt - perhaps no. But surely a good coach can mould that. Okoli wasn't a priority to me. A CAM was. 

There’s a big difference between being picked for your country in the Euros and playing in the PL. I don’t think Vestergaard is a PL quality defender - we only gave him a new contract because Maresca wanted him, then Maresca buggered off. Cheers Enzo 👍

Faes is a bombscare with a poor attitude and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Coady’s fitness cannot be relied upon. Nelson has huge promise but is very young. The jury is out on Okoli but the early signs are not particularly promising. 

Unless we improve our defence between now and the end of the transfer window, I can see us having the worst defensive record in the PL this season.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Banners from the very very small % who want  change will change nothing.

Like it or not 95% of the fan based as a whole will be happy still going ,cheering them on regardless.  Unfortunately the few disgruntled here don't make the majority of the fanbase. 

I don’t think people realise how the tide is turning against those in charge of Leicester City. Basically anyone I speak to that follows the club is already expecting relegation and thanks to Enzo outing those in charge, in the media before he left, it’s becoming apparent that the majority of issues are caused at board level to the common fan. Only 1 in 3 Leicester fans are optimistic according to the Athletic, so that’s two thirds of fans already in a negative space about the club. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

It's a matter of opinion. And that's yours. 

I see other foxestalk members still saying all our CB are

rubbish or too slow and we need another. 

If we didn't make this signing people would be moaning even more with one less player to go with. 

I'm not defending anything just look at our situation.

Newly promoted club with a squad that looks thread bare quality wise at best

Pointx deduction hanging 

And all the issues we have/had financially. 

We are hardly a great proposition for players of the standard some are suddenly expecting us to bring in with it seems like a bottomlesspit of money to do it. 

A sense of realism is lacking by some.

Just my opinion. 

And the club though mate. They are bidding for the likes of Soule still, and not recalibrating their recruitment strategy to reflect the current position. There are players in the championship and those in the PL not getting game time that are viable. You can’t blame the fans for unrealistic expectations when the club are not showing any self-awareness. 

14 minutes ago, Micky said:

Yep. Do you know how many fans and clubs would swap their recent history with us in a heartbeat.

so, you're proposing living in the past like forest rather than taking action to fix the obvious issues?

16 minutes ago, Micky said:

Read that back. It's hilarious.

I am not fixated on history, it seems like a lot of posters are harping on about King Power as they cannot do no wrong because we won the title and had a couple of top 6 finishes in the premier league, that's history.

It's the present and future we need to be concerned about, and right now unless Top and King Power, sell up we will be a yo-yo side at best.

9 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

And the club though mate. They are bidding for the likes of Soule still, and not recalibrating their recruitment strategy to reflect the current position. There are players in the championship and those in the PL not getting game time that are viable. You can’t blame the fans for unrealistic expectations when the club are not showing any self-awareness. 

I've heard it all now!

Moaning we are not spending but moaning we are bidding for players at the same time. 

And you know we are still bidding [if we ever have] for Soule how? 

Normally there is a reason  players are not getting  game time for their own clubs. 

This route will only swell our squad with more substandard players and players on big wages coming from the Premier league. 

Build your squad with championship quality players and yiu end up a championship club. 

You quote "self-awareness?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I am not fixated on history, it seems like a lot of posters are harping on about King Power as they cannot do no wrong because we won the title and had a couple of top 6 finishes in the premier league, that's history.

It's the present and future we need to be concerned about, and right now unless Top and King Power, sell up we will be a yo-yo side at best.

Agreed, it’s such a pathetic response to fans genuine concerns about where this football club is headed. “Yeah but 10 years ago we won the league”. All that matters is the here and now, at one point Woolworths was one of the biggest retail businesses, then through piss poor management and not future proofing, they went bust.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don’t think people realise how the tide is turning against those in charge of Leicester City. Basically anyone I speak to that follows the club is already expecting relegation and thanks to Enzo outing those in charge, in the media before he left, it’s becoming apparent that the majority of issues are caused at board level to the common fan. Only 1 in 3 Leicester fans are optimistic according to the Athletic, so that’s two thirds of fans already in a negative space about the club. 

I bet 95% are happy supporting their team cone Monday at the groud. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

But it won't matter if we are a Yo-Yo side (a club going constantly between the top 2 leagues)because if we go down it won't matter we were in the Premier league the year before because that in your words is "History" so you won't be worrying as you love in tbe present not the past. So you need to really stop worrying by your own thesis. 

So in a nutshell, we can’t sign players because we are skint and this PSR stuff. We are in this position because the Dof gave outlandish contracts to players, and £10m a year to Rodgers.

Also, we have a potential points deduction!!

Just relegate us now and save the embarrassment of being hammered every game.

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

u1xi3mv1oxid1.jpeg?width=832&auto=webp&s

The Athletic do this survey every season.

Nearly 1 in 3 Leicester fans excited for the upcoming season and are full of optimism.

Absolute jokers. The sort that Rudkin, Whelan and Top love to have around.

Everything is fine though, we’re a well run club on and off the pitch. I’ll be down on Monday waving my King Power flags, banging my clapper and making sure I leave on 80 minutes to avoid the traffic

Blue Army 

IMG_0711.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

Everything is fine though, we’re a well run club on and off the pitch. I’ll be down on Monday waving my King Power flags, banging my clapper and making sure I leave on 80 minutes to avoid the traffic

Blue Army 

IMG_0711.jpeg

You got ut spot on!

Exactly the way 95% will still think. 

Imagine how big a statement it would make if the fans boycotted the first game of the season. It would be HUGE and send a clear message that we are not happy and something needs to be done. 

Ofcourse it won't happen, we are one of the most docile fanbases in the country but it's fun to imagine having a backbone. 

49 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

It's a matter of opinion. And that's yours. 

I see other foxestalk members still saying all our CB are

rubbish or too slow and we need another. 

If we didn't make this signing people would be moaning even more with one less player to go with. 

I'm not defending anything just look at our situation.

Newly promoted club with a squad that looks thread bare quality wise at best

Pointx deduction hanging 

And all the issues we have/had financially. 

We are hardly a great proposition for players of the standard some are suddenly expecting us to bring in with it seems like a bottomlesspit of money to do it. 

A sense of realism is lacking by some.

Just my opinion. 

And who’s fault is the points deduction and ffp struggles!? It’s certainly not the fans. 

the board deserve every ounce of criticism coming there way. They have made this club a laughing stock and still are employed. Enough is enough. 

16 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You got ut spot on!

Exactly the way 95% will still think. 

I accept that some people don’t over analyse everything the club does,  like I (unfortunately for my mental state) do, and I’m sure most of the posters on here also do. They’ll be plenty of folk who are happy supporting whatever Leicester do come rain or shine. I envy them in a way, they probably didn’t watch the Lens game 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

u1xi3mv1oxid1.jpeg?width=832&auto=webp&s

The Athletic do this survey every season.

Nearly 1 in 3 Leicester fans excited for the upcoming season and are full of optimism.

Absolute jokers. The sort that Rudkin, Whelan and Top love to have around.

Do you remember when we used to top this surveys? 😢

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Yep. Do you know how many fans and clubs would swap their recent history with us in a heartbeat.

We won’t have a future if we keep deteriorating at the current rate. You should be concerned with were we are going not what we have done. 

the current ownership is stinking the place out and the recent history was quite clearly not planned by Top but Vichai.