Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

52 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

It’s mid august, season kicking off today, and as a promoted side we’ve not signed 1 player who improves our starting XI. 

when you think about it, this was obvious from end of last season.

we knew enzo wasn't happy and wanted out, he was clearly told he'd have next to no transfer budget and KDH would have to go.

you cant blame him really

Edited by splinterdream

6 hours ago, frany104 said:

We won’t have a future if we keep deteriorating at the current rate. You should be concerned with were we are going not what we have done. 

the current ownership is stinking the place out and the recent history was quite clearly not planned by Top but Vichai. 

I'm not concerned. It's sport. Get used to it as you have no control. 

I'm slightly more concerned about mpox to be fair. 

What an absolute sh!t show! There’s no hope of us staying up. Non what so ever. 

surely they knew months ago we’d be getting promoted! How the **** have they not had deals in place weeks ago. 

In any other business they would have all been sacked a long time ago. 

The Plan is clearly to not buy anyone, already accept getting relegated, take EFL transfer ban, hope we can hang-on in Championship until all punishment is served. Min.3 years before there is anything to feel confident about. Fear has to be the Club will never recover, recruit a series of second rate managers, and we are in the doldrums for 10 years. Top will think Rudkin has done a good job maintaining the value of the business.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

The Plan is clearly to not buy anyone, already accept getting relegated, take EFL transfer ban, hope we can hang-on in Championship until all punishment is served. Min.3 years before there is anything to feel confident about. Fear has to be the Club will never recover, recruit a series of second rate managers, and we are in the doldrums for 10 years. Top will think Rudkin has done a good job maintaining the value of the business.

There is no EFL transfer ban is there?  If there was then the sensible option would have been to fill the squad with very good championship players at reasonable fees.  Which should probably be the mantra regardless.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

If that was the case then the Okoli signing makes even less sense.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SecretPro said:

We spunked £15m on a defender we didn't need...and that's our transfer business concluded. Great window. 

so are you telling me we'd be fine with vesty and faes for the first month of the season?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, BrilliantFox said:

Leicester City 23/24 Summer Transfer Window Summary:

Matias Soule - Bottled

Matt O'Riley - Bottled

Reiss Nelson - Bottled

Wilfried Zaha - Bottled

Adam Hlozek - Bottled

Fotis Ioannidis - Yep you guessed it right, bottled!

Not the dof's fault though eh.

22 minutes ago, guest123 said:

so are you telling me we'd be fine with vesty and faes for the first month of the season?

As apposed to the defender that's looked awful all pre-season in Okoli? Yes. £15m is a lot to spend to cover a month isn't it? Especially when other area so dire. Plus, we has the Aussie lad as backup? 

13 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

There’s a big difference between being picked for your country in the Euros and playing in the PL. I don’t think Vestergaard is a PL quality defender - we only gave him a new contract because Maresca wanted him, then Maresca buggered off. Cheers Enzo 👍

Faes is a bombscare with a poor attitude and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Coady’s fitness cannot be relied upon. Nelson has huge promise but is very young. The jury is out on Okoli but the early signs are not particularly promising. 

Unless we improve our defence between now and the end of the transfer window, I can see us having the worst defensive record in the PL this season.

I have to disagree mate

Vestegaard and Faes have been our best defenders last season keeping 15 clean sheets between them.Kristansen was the main starter for a team who finished 4th in serie a, playiing with zirkzee and lewis ferguson. Pereira at one time was one of the best rb in the premier league

So i personally think our defence will be our main solace this season and will be the reason we stay up comfortably