Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

3 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I’m very worried because:

we still haven’t signed a striker so left with the same ones we had when relegated

we still haven’t signed a midfielder to replace our best player

todays team is the same defence that was absolutely useless when we got relegated (less ward)

Never mind the points deduction coming things ain’t looking great right now 

At what part do you mention the management at the time though? 

That team should never have been relegated, the rot started with a manager who gave up. 

There’s a great deal of experience in that team, and despite as some may try to suggest, there is also some quality, yes we need more bodies, it’s likely to be a bit of a scrap at times, but with a half decent attacker that team is more than capable of staying up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Firstly, a great post.

Secondly, I didn’t post my concerns to create a debate about what type of supporter everyone is, you’re sadly right that you get labeled for even muttering a different thought process on here it seems.

I just wanted to see if I was being OTT with my concerns and perhaps panic is a bit extreme but the direction of our club is definitely cause for concern in my eyes.

Thanks!

Yeah I know you didn’t post with that intention, I think it’s a great question, it seems that FT is following most social media though; into “are you one of us or one of them” … I despair for society on this wider point, but I digress!! 

Not over the top at all for me.

We were relegated with a stronger side, we were promoted with a bright young manager, a plan, and a better squad.

Relegation was a spectacular failure of the Board and not one thing has changed.

It’s very late in the season’s preparation and we seem to be miles away from assembling a competitive force. That’s worrying for even the most level headed supporter?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

At what part do you mention the management at the time though? 

That team should never have been relegated, the rot started with a manager who gave up. 

There’s a great deal of experience in that team, and despite as some may try to suggest, there is also some quality, yes we need more bodies, it’s likely to be a bit of a scrap at times, but with a half decent attacker that team is more than capable of staying up. 

That team should never have been relegated cos it had barnes and Maddison in it scoring goals all the players that performed from that season have gone 

It's all a bit of a catch 22 scenario. We cant afford to make a panic buy & crazy as it may seem, LCFC is not a preferred location for a lot of players. We are probably going to get some kind of points deduction as well as the possibility of a relegation battle. Hard to sell that to a player !!

The other part of the problem is that we need to move some of our existing players as .well. I don't want to see another Daka deal fall through on deadline day

I think you have to be practical and realistic. 

1. We have this every year.

2. Early signings are of course very nice but the reality is that for most clubs, most business is done very late for two logical reasons. Firstly, clubs will hold out for the most money they can get for their asset. Secondly, players and agents will wait and see what their best club and financial options are.

3. Currently we're in a different position to our supposed rivals. The club's a bit of a basket case despite on paper being a Premiership club. Everyone knows that we're due a points deduction but not how many that will be. Therefore any potential signings will have to be prepared to accept that there's more than a good chance that they'll be playing in the Championship next season. Even if they are willing to accept that, then there will undoubtedly be some potential contract clauses and negotiations forthcoming. I would suggest that the transfer pond we're currently fishing in isn't of the highest quality and deliberations have to be made over just signing long term mediocrity or going with what we have. Who of a high calibre would realistically want to come here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you have to be practical and realistic. 

1. We have this every year.

2. Early signings are of course very nice but the reality is that for most clubs, most business is done very late for two logical reasons. Firstly, clubs will hold out for the most money they can get for their asset. Secondly, players and agents will wait and see what their best club and financial options are.

3. Currently we're in a different position to our supposed rivals. The club's a bit of a basket case despite on paper being a Premiership club. Everyone knows that we're due a points deduction but not how many that will be. Therefore any potential signings will have to be prepared to accept that there's more than a good chance that they'll be playing in the Championship next season. Even if they are willing to accept that, then there will undoubtedly be some potential contract clauses and negotiations forthcoming. I would suggest that the transfer pond we're currently fishing in isn't of the highest quality and deliberations have to be made over just signing long term mediocrity or going with what we have. Who of a high calibre would realistically want to come here?

The caveat to this though, is that newly promoted teams tend to get business done early … at least the key parts.  You might pay a little more but the preparation is needed more than ever. 

We are acting like we’ve never been relegated, there’s just an arrogance around the club. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The only time to panic is when you’re at fosse park, and you’ve gone to let out a cheeky fart, and it backfires, you’re touching cloth and you’re some distance from the toilet, the other half has been reeled in by a curry’s sales person and is tying to sell them a shark hand held small hoover. 

Thats a time to panic. 

No way! That actually happened to me once! I went to buy a new telly at Curry's. As soon as I walked through the door, I suddenly needed to fart, but I could tell it wasn't normal, and then I remembered I'd had a bad case of the sour apple quickstep a couple of days prior. It apparently had unfinished business. I wasn't all that familiar with all the toilet locations at Fosse Park, but I knew the food court had them... right over the other bastard end. It was a long and lonely desperate waddle over there. I did finally make it there, and I took a big slash. Out my arse. It was touch and go at times, but I'm pleased to say my lucky pants made it through unscathed.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No way! That actually happened to me once! I went to buy a new telly at Curry's. As soon as I walked through the door, I suddenly needed to fart, but I could tell it wasn't normal, and then I remembered I'd had a bad case of the sour apple quickstep a couple of days prior. It apparently had unfinished business. I wasn't all that familiar with all the toilet locations at Fosse Park, but I knew the food court had them... right over the other bastard end. It was a long and lonely desperate waddle over there. I did finally make it there, and I took a big slash. Out my arse. It was touch and go at times, but I'm pleased to say my lucky pants made it through unscathed.

Genuinely not heard that before 🤣