Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's not so much about pressing the panic button, but more like the "resigned to relegation" button.

It's likely we are expecting a fairly big points deduction, so are thinking about a muti-year plan. Probably looking to sign players who will accept wage decreases if we get relegated, and that's making it hard to sign good players. I imagine we end up with at least 2-3 more players, but probably loan sigings.

But it's the lack of communication from the club that is hard to swallow. We are just customers to the current regime who are there to lap up the LCFC product. This is something I hate so much! Fans will actually get behind the team and club when times are tough. Instead when there's radio silence, increased season ticket fees, membership card fees, £10 for a friendly, etc, etc, it just makes you incredibly apathetic.

I'm not sure what you want them to say on the football front? 

If they come out and and say we aren't confident of staying up and we are building for the future, its not exactly going to make players keen to sign up.

What do you want them to tell you? 

Edited by coolhandfox

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure what you want them to say on the football front? 

If they come out and and say we aren't confident of staying up and we are building for the future, its not exactly going to make players keen to sign up.

What do you want them to tell you? 

If that is the situation, that is exactly what I would want them to say. I would get behind the lads, especially the ones that have come through the academy and take a long term view of things. It would manage expectations and clarify the direction of the club.

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If that is the situation, that is exactly what I would want them to say. I would get behind the lads, especially the ones that have come through the academy and take a long term view of things. It would manage expectations and clarify the direction of the club.

You may well be onto something with your theory about relegation clauses making it difficult to sign quality players. I’ve also been wondering the same. But surely you don’t genuinely ‘expect’ the club to admit this publicly? That would sound like an admission of defeat and would sound a warning signal to other players not to join us. Yes, it might rally some fans to the cause, but in other respects it would be disastrous. And besides, it simply never happens - can you think of a single example of a club issuing a statement on the eve of the season explaining that they’re struggling to sign players because they’re planning for relegation? I can’t recall one. 

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Why wouldn't you get behind the lads anyway? 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

How many have a point deduction hanging over their heads? 

Presumably a similar amount to the number who have the pedigree of two trophies including a title, three top 5 finishes and three European campaigns within the last 10 years.

I'm sick of the excuses. We are not a Luton or a Blackpool, we should be expectant of staying up despite the points deduction.

We find ourselves in the position where we are in desperate need attacking players. Losing our best player stats wise and Vardy clearly isn’t fit. So we’ve no creativity and Daka who scored 7 goals last season, we likely go into the season much weaker.
I thought Cooper would be more pragmatic in his style, we simply don’t have the players for possession football in the premier league. This is where club failures are starting to shine and the lack of clear communication or action is baffling. Are we that skint or is Rudkin not able to successfully able to negotiate multiple deals. The poor communication we’ve had from the club across the board all feels by design. 
I thought last summer we’d learnt some lessons and by and large has good preparation going into that season. Just feels like there is an air of inevitability but Cooper already seems frustrated with transfer progress. 

34 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

What a window so far, a back-up CB who will be on loan at Sampdoria in 12-18 months, 46 year old utility player & someone barely old enough to have a pint.

All whilst losing our player of the season 

Jon Rudkin Appreciation Thread - Transfer Talk - FoxesTalk

All part of the plan 

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How many promoted teams go into their first game of the season in the Prem with a weaker squad than the one they got promoted with?

Sheff United last season

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

But it's the lack of communication from the club that is hard to swallow

Eh. I can understand this point superficially, on an emotional level. But you need to take a step back a moment and just think. 

I know we want transparency but I'm not sure we really need it. We can all pretty much put two and two together and work out things aren't great. 

What we want is for our club to be as successful as it can be and ultimately the best way they can achieve that is to do what they've always done and keep their cards fairly close. They can't come out in public and admit how bad the financial situation is, it'll make it even harder to recruit.

You think guys like Winks, Mads and Fatawu would have signed if they knew that even if we got promoted we probably wouldn't be trying to stay in the league? 

Like it or not, the club being elusive is the best way we can salvage whatever is possible in building a squad and that's ultimately what's the best thing for us as fans. Whilst, sure, I'd obviously love to know the truth of it all - it won't actually change anything. Where as the club shutting the **** up and trying to do the best they can with the window will. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How many promoted teams go into their first game of the season in the Prem with a weaker squad than the one they got promoted with?

It's not looking good at the minute. But hopefully a couple of additions in the next 2 weeks and it will look a lot better. I won't hold my breath though.

Burnley did the same I think, didn't they lose a lot of loan players, you could argue Forest were similar to begin with too.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Presumably a similar amount to the number who have the pedigree of two trophies including a title, three top 5 finishes and three European campaigns within the last 10 years.

I'm sick of the excuses. We are not a Luton or a Blackpool, we should be expectant of staying up despite the points deduction.

If it was that simple why have players chosen the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton over the likes of AC Milan in the past.

People are signing for the current version on LCFC not that one. 

8 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It can if they are very good, however l have my doubts that any good players will want to come to what appears a clueless club

A number of good players signed for us last season. 

Keep the faith! 

• Like 1

With all of the "meh" transfers we keep getting linked with, we'd probably be no worse off just keeping the cash in our pocket. 

We don't need any bin juice transferring into the squad which we'll be lumbered with the cost for and probably go down anyway.

Otherwise, I'm all positive for the new season ahead 🙄